Digital TV News: meo
58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
Jul 4, 2022 – According to Anacom, in the first quarter of 2022, 94.0% of households in Portugal were pay-TV subscribers, up 0.4 percentage points from the same quarter of the previous year. The total number of subscribers was 4.4 million.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
Jul 1, 2022 – Eurofins Digital Testing (EDT) has announced the release of the NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite v2022-1.0 – the first major release for the new model year, applicable to ATSC 3.0 compliant receivers from July 1st 2022.
News categories: Eurofins, CTA, NAB, Bob Campbell, Brian Markwalter, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
Jun 29, 2022 – Velocix has announced that its content delivery network (CDN) and recording management (VRM) software has been deployed by MEO, a consumer brand of Altice Portugal, to expand its Apple TV and Android TV based video services
News categories: Velocix, MEO, Anthony Berkeley, Miguel Jardim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
Wowza launches Wowza Video integrated video platform
Apr 19, 2022 – Wowza Media Systems has launched Wowza Video. With the launch, Wowza bolsters its live streaming technology with VOD functionality — synthesizing all the essential video capabilities that today’s businesses require.
News categories: Wowza, David Stubenvoll, Jon Duncan, Patrick Freeman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
33% of U.S. Netflix subscribers share the service
Mar 29, 2022 – Research from Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that 83% of U.S. households have at least one streaming video service from fifteen top DTC and SVOD services; including 67% of all households with Netflix.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
Jan 19, 2022 – Irdeto has launched Irdeto Server Side Ad Insertion (SSAI). The solution integrates with any ad server or an existing CSAI solution to deliver targeted and personalized ads during live events and on linear channels.
News categories: Irdeto, Shane McCarthy, Advertising, Digital TV, Worldwide
LG unveils its latest TV lineup
Jan 4, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) has unveiled its latest TV lineup, headlined by the company's 2022 OLED televisions. The TVs feature powerful imaging technologies, and an improved webOS offering more smart features and services.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Virtual reality to become a $51bn market by 2030
Nov 8, 2021 – While VR is set to see significant growth in the next ten years, with GlobalData estimating it will become a $51bn industry by 2030, the technology is still not a 'mainstream success'.
News categories: GlobalData, Rupantar Guha, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
Oct 26, 2021 – Consumer research from Leichtman Research Group, Inc. (LRG) finds that 71% of TV households in the U.S. have some form of pay TV service, down from 82% in 2016, 87% in 2011, and 86% in 2006.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution