Digital TV News: 'yes'
Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT
Mar 14, 2019 – Bezeq (TASE: BEZQ) has announced that it plans to migrate its 'yes' service from satellite transmission to broadcasting over the Internet (OTT) in a gradual process that is expected to be spread over several years.
News categories: Bezeq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, OTT, Satellite
Nuance and UEI bring conversational interface to yes DBS in Israel
Sep 19, 2017 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ:NUAN) and Universal Electronics (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC) have announced that they power the first conversational interface for Pay TV in Israel for yes. yes will launch their first voice-powered remote control in September 2017.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Universal Electronics, 'yes', Dan Faulkner, Menno Koopmans, Itzhak Elyakim, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, UX
Viaccess-Orca delivers a personalized TV experience at 'yes' in Israel
Sep 15, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced its latest partnership with 'yes'. Through the new agreement, 'yes' has chosen the Viaccess-Orca COMPASS content discovery platform to build new levels of personalization into its subscription and transactional VOD services.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, 'yes', Paul Molinier, Ori Gal, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, Israel, Satellite
Cisco introduces Infinite Video Platform Labs
Jan 5, 2017 – IVP Labs allows participating customers to test new features with users before making them generally available. Customers and end users can provide crucial feedback to make these features, and the IVP roadmap, more relevant.
News categories: Cisco Systems, 'yes', Rajeev Raman, Yitschak Elyakim, CES, Digital TV, Israel, Mobile, QoE, UX, Worldwide
Tvinci selected for Israel’s first pay OTT TV service
Jan 6, 2014 – yes Satellite TV – Israel’s only provider of multi-channel television broadcasts via satellite – has selected Tvinci to create the user experience for yes GO, Israel’s first personal and social multi-screen TV service.
News categories: Tvinci, 'yes', Itzhak Elyakim, Ron Eilon, Ofer Shayo, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Mobile, OTT, Social TV
Altech Multimedia and 'yes' Israel extend partnership
Nov 13, 2013 – Altech Multimedia and DBS Satellite Services ('YES') have signed an agreement for the provision of a new generation of set-top boxes to the Israeli satellite pay-TV provider. The set-top boxes are based Broadcom chipsets.
News categories: Altech Multimedia, 'yes', Ron Eilon, Bartolomeo Caputo, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs HomePlugAV chosen by 'yes' for VoD and multi-room
Aug 5, 2013 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) has announced that 'yes', an Israeli satellite provider, has chosen Sigma Designs, to help strengthen their video-on-demand and multi-room customer services.
News categories: Sigma Designs, 'yes', Israel, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Pace helps Yes transition to advanced HD digital services in Israel
Jan 11, 2012 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has signed a partnership deal with 'yes' in Israel. Under the agreement, Pace will provide new platforms to enable Yes to deploy HD digital services, including HD Video on Demand, to its customers.
News categories: Pace plc, 'yes', Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cisco Advances Its Videoscape TV Platform With 'Video in the Cloud'
Jan 10, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Cisco Videoscape™ will now help enable new 'video in the cloud' services that will drive new revenue streams for service providers -- and exciting new video entertainment experiences for consumers.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Cable TV, CES, Content Distribution, Gateway, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event