Digital TV News: Funai Electric
Roku announces Sanyo as its newest Roku TV brand
Apr 4, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that the Sanyo brand is now part of the Roku TV licensing program. Funai Corporation expects to ship the first Sanyo Roku TVs in Canada this quarter.
News categories: Roku, Funai, Chas Smith, Peter Swinkels, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Funai Electric joins Roku TV licensing program
Nov 13, 2017 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Funai Electric has joined the Roku TV licensing program. Funai Electric will use the Roku TV platform to build and deliver smart TVs under the Philips brand that run the Roku OS.
News categories: Roku, Funai Electric, Chas Smith, Peter Swinkels, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
ALi ATSC SoC designed-in by Funai for Mexico STB
Mar 6, 2014 – ALi Corporation has announced that its ATSC set-top box SoC has been designed-in by Funai Electric for the Mexican market.
News categories: ALi Corp, Funai, Shigeki Saji, Tony Chang, ATSC, Digital TV, Mexico, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, and XPAND 3D Join Forces in 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative'
Aug 8, 2011 – The 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative' will work on the development and licensing of radio frequency (RF) system 3D active glasses technology, including system protocols between consumer 3D active glasses and 3D displays.
News categories: Panasonic, Samsung, XPAND, Sony Corp, Smart Home, Smart TV, VR
M-3DI Standard to Create Compatibility among 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and 3D Cinemas
Mar 28, 2011 – Panasonic and XPAND 3D have announced that they have formulated M-3DI, a new standard for 3D active-shutter eyewear products that will bring about compatibility among 3D TVs, computers, home projectors and cinema projection.
News categories: M-3DI, Panasonic, XPAND 3D, Digital TV, Smart TV, VR
Funai Electric First CE Manufacturer to Launch Cloud-Based Interactive Television
Jan 4, 2011 – Funai Electric and ActiveVideo Networks™ have announced an agreement that will make Funai the first consumer electronics manufacturer to bring interactive television solutions based entirely in the network cloud to connected televisions.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Funai, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
NXP Delivers Unique Silicon TV Tuner Integrating Immunity to Wireless Network Interference
Dec 16, 2010 – NXP Semiconductors (Nasdaq: NXPI) has announced the TDA18273 - a unique silicon tuner integrating immunity to wireless network interference from wireless LAN and mobile phones.
News categories: NXP, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, DVB-T2, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
BLOCKBUSTER On Demand® Now Available on the Latest Philips Blu-ray Players
Jul 6, 2010 – P&F (Tokyo: 6839) has announced that its latest Philips Blu-ray players will feature BLOCKBUSTER On Demand®, expanding the ways in which Blockbuster provides consumers with instant access to the hottest movies.
News categories: Funai Electric, Blockbuster, Blu-ray, OTT, USA
Funai Selects Widevine to Enable TV on Its Connected Devices
Apr 6, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Funai Electric will incorporate Widevine's adaptive streaming, virtual DVD/Blu-ray-like controls and DRM solution on their Internet connected devices such as HDTVs and Blu-ray players.
News categories: Widevine, Funai, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019