Digital TV News: TANDBERG
ITU gives first-stage approval to H.265 video coding standard
Jan 25, 2013 – The International Telecommunication Union has announced that its ITU-T Study Group 16 has agreed first-stage approval to Recommendation ITU-T H.265 or ISO/IEC 23008-2, known informally as 'High Efficiency Video Coding' (HEVC).
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV
Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire NDS
Mar 15, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced its intent to acquire NDS. The acquisition will complement and accelerate the delivery of Videoscape™, Cisco's platform that enables service providers and media companies to deliver next-generation entertainment experiences.
News categories: Cisco Systems, NDS Group, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Satellite, Set Top Box
Net Insight receives order for Digital Terrestrial TV network in Poland
Jul 16, 2010 – Net Insight (STO: NETI B) has received a significant order to build the new nationwide media network for Emitel in Poland. Net Insight won this order in partnership with Ericsson Poland (NASDAQ:ERIC).
News categories: Net Insight, Ericsson, Emitel, Telewizja Polska, Content Distribution, Poland, Terrestrial
Pay-TV operators pause investments as subscribers slow, competition accelerates
Jun 29, 2010 – Infonetics Research has published 3 video-related market research reports: 2 1Q10 market share and forecast reports, Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers, and Video Infrastructure and Subscribers; and its new IPTV Services Deployment Strategies Survey.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Content Distribution, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box
2009 worldwide STB revenue down 5% from 2008
Apr 8, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released the fourth quarter (4Q09) editions of two video-related market share and forecast reports: Video Infrastructure and Subscribers and Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
IPTV and video equipment and service markets hampered by slowing subscriber growth
Jan 5, 2010 – Market research firm Infonetics Research has published three video-related market share and forecast reports: 'Video Infrastructure and Subscribers', 'Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers', and 'Video Services and Subscribers'.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
IPTV and cable video equipment up 15% in 2Q09
Sep 17, 2009 – Market research firm Infonetics Research released its second quarter (2Q09) IPTV, Cable, and Satellite Video Equipment, Services, and Subscribers report.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Market Ready For Launch Of DVB-T2 Services
Sep 11, 2009 – The launch of DVB-T2 HD services is on schedule to take place later this year in the United Kingdom, with further launches expected in several other European countries including Finland and Serbia.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, IBC2020, Semiconductor, Serbia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
S&T prepares broadcasters for next-generation interactive TV at IBC
Sep 4, 2009 – Strategy & Technology is launching the MHEG Presenter 2 product suite at IBC, which builds on the existing support for digital teletext and other information services with new modules for Video on Demand (VoD) support.
News categories: S&T, IBC2020, MHEG-5, Middleware
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019