Digital TV News: Vewd
iflix app certified for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs
Oct 11, 2018 – Vewd and iflix have partnered to make iflix available on Vewd enabled devices. The iflix app has been certified for the Vewd ecosystem, meaning that it can be deployed on millions of connected TVs and STBs without challenging integration.
News categories: Vewd, iflix, Aneesh Rajaram, Mark Britt, Africa, Apps, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
BBC R&D shows content substitution at IBC with Vewd and Mediatek
Sep 15, 2018 – Together with Vewd and MediaTek, BBC R&D is showcasing the latest HbbTV advancements in content substitution at IBC. Vewd worked to optimize Vewd Core, its HTML5 SDK for smart TVs, as well as the Vewd Core HbbTV module, to support some of the BBC’s most advanced use cases.
News categories: Vewd, MediaTek, BBC, Frode Hernes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV, UK
Fraunhofer IIS and Vewd show MPEG-H Audio support in HbbTV
Sep 13, 2018 – At IBC, Fraunhofer IIS and Vewd showcased an HbbTV demo that includes DVB DASH streaming on a set-top box running Vewd Core and Vewd HbbTV Module with MPEG-H Audio support, as defined in the latest HbbTV 2.0.2 specification.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Vewd, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd and HiSilicon introduce turnkey platform for streaming devices
Sep 12, 2018 – Vewd, with HiSilicon, has announced Vewd Go, a turnkey streaming media player reference design built for operators to boost subscribers by directly addressing the demands of the OTT generation. Vewd Go gives operators new ways to reach cord-nevers, cord-cutters, multi-room subscribers, and subscribers-on-the-go.
News categories: Vewd, HiSilicon, Aneesh Rajaram, John Liu, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Opentech selects Vewd to provide HbbTV support at European operators
Sep 11, 2018 – Vewd and Opentech have announced a contract that adds Vewd Core, and Vewd’s HbbTV 2.0.1 and Operator Applications modules to their set-top boxes (STBs). The agreement will result in the first deployment of STBs supporting the HbbTV Operator Application standard.
News categories: Vewd, Opentech, Aneesh Rajaram, Juyong Lee, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Tivù partners with Vewd to introduce HbbTV Operator Apps
Sep 11, 2018 – Tivù has become the world’s first operator to deploy an HbbTV Operator App (OpApp) together with Vewd. tivùon, Tivù’s OpApp, creates a virtual set-top box with an operator’s own UI and applications to offer a more engaging and branded user experience.
News categories: Vewd, Tivù, Opentech, Yotta Media Labs, Aneesh Rajaram, Alberto Sigismondi, Juyong Lee, Raj Patel, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC2019, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Vewd Atom brings OTT apps to legacy set-top boxes
Sep 7, 2018 – Vewd has announced Vewd Atom, an OTT solution that brings apps and streaming experiences to operator devices previously incapable such services. Vewd Atom consists of Vewd’s OTT platform running in the cloud connected to a lightweight client on the device.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd OS arrives for Android TV with focus on Operator Tier
Aug 21, 2018 – Vewd has announced Vewd OS for Android TV operator tier, bringing the company’s smart TV technology and modules to Android TV’s Operator Tier. Vewd OS enhances Android TV with a turnkey experience and extensive product modules.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajara, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd enables iVideoSmart partners to launch on smart TV devices
Jun 14, 2018 – Vewd and iVideoSmart have partnered to provide content creators, broadcasters, and publishers with a path to expand their reach through streaming video. iVideoSmart has integrated Vewd Snap, which creates a TV app that works on Vewd enabled devices.
News categories: Vewd, iVideoSmart, Daniel Nordberg, Vincent Martin, Apps, Asia, Content Distribution, Latin America, Mobile, OTT
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023