Digital TV News: Vewd
Vevo music videos available on Vewd-enabled devices
Aug 28, 2019 – Vevo has announced a partnership with Vewd. The agreement will make Vevo’s unparalleled premium music video content catalog available for tens of millions of Vewd-enabled devices from Sony, Hisense, Philips, and TiVo, among others.
News categories: Vewd, Vevo, Michael Winneker, Alex Kisch, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vewd and Realtek collaborate to advance Android TV offering
Aug 27, 2019 – Vewd has announced that Realtek will pre-integrate Vewd’s smart TV technology and essential modules with their Android TV-based chipsets. The integration will include Vewd Core as well as Vewd's hybrid TV, media player and Freeview Play modules.
News categories: Vewd, Realtek, Android TV, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
Jun 18, 2019 – Vewd has announced that INNOPIA will launch an HDMI-based streaming media device featuring Vewd OS. The new device empowers operators with unprecedented control and flexibility while enabling the premium OTT services subscribers demand.
News categories: Vewd, INNOPIA, Aneesh Rajaram, Heewon Park, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Intertrust and Vewd introduce content protection for HbbTV
Jun 6, 2019 – Intertrust and Vewd have announced pre-integration of Intertrust's ExpressPlay XCA with Vewd Core, for operator HbbTV deployments. Using the solution, device manufacturers are able to offer a more complete software stack of content protection and HbbTV support.
News categories: Vewd, Intertrust, Frode Hernes, Guido Cugi, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
NOVATEK and Vewd partner to create turnkey smart TV platform
Jan 8, 2019 – Vewd has partnered with NOVATEK to enable Vewd OS on chipsets powering Linux-based smart TVs. Adding Vewd OS to NOVATEK chipsets provides OEMs with a pre-integrated Smart TV OS containing the most requested advanced smart TV features.
News categories: Vewd, NOVATEK, Aneesh Rajaram, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
iVideoSmart launches 100 new Vewd-certified apps in 100 days
Oct 15, 2018 – Vewd has announced that Vewd and iVideoSmart have jointly launched more than a 100 new Vewd certified apps. iVideoSmart premium partners such as GMA, Yan News, Cinemania, Bounty Films, Adagio are already live on the platform.
News categories: Vewd, iVideoSmart, Daniel Nordberg, Vincent Martin, Apps, Asia, Digital TV
iflix app certified for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs
Oct 11, 2018 – Vewd and iflix have partnered to make iflix available on Vewd enabled devices. The iflix app has been certified for the Vewd ecosystem, meaning that it can be deployed on millions of connected TVs and STBs without challenging integration.
News categories: Vewd, iflix, Aneesh Rajaram, Mark Britt, Africa, Apps, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
BBC R&D shows content substitution at IBC with Vewd and Mediatek
Sep 15, 2018 – Together with Vewd and MediaTek, BBC R&D is showcasing the latest HbbTV advancements in content substitution at IBC. Vewd worked to optimize Vewd Core, its HTML5 SDK for smart TVs, as well as the Vewd Core HbbTV module, to support some of the BBC’s most advanced use cases.
News categories: Vewd, MediaTek, BBC, Frode Hernes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Smart TV, UK
Fraunhofer IIS and Vewd show MPEG-H Audio support in HbbTV
Sep 13, 2018 – At IBC, Fraunhofer IIS and Vewd showcased an HbbTV demo that includes DVB DASH streaming on a set-top box running Vewd Core and Vewd HbbTV Module with MPEG-H Audio support, as defined in the latest HbbTV 2.0.2 specification.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Vewd, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV