Digital TV News: Digital TV Labs
Eurofins to provide pay TV security certification for MOST in-car infotainment systems
Nov 2, 2015 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it is the official lab for certifying Pay TV enabled automotive infotainment systems, which use the MOST network to transport CI+ protected content, using Digital Transmission Content Protection (DTCP).
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Andy Hickman, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, QoE, Worldwide
HbbTV places contracts for HbbTV 2.0 test suite
Jul 31, 2015 – The HbbTV Association has announced its selection of suppliers for the HbbTV 2.0 specification test suite. HbbTV has placed contracts with Digital TV Labs and RTRK for 500 test cases to be included in the test suite.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Digital TV Labs, RTRK, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Digital TV Labs first approved lab for Malaysia DTT HbbTV receivers
Jul 22, 2015 – Digital TV Labs has received official accreditation from the Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM) to become the first lab facility for the Malaysian Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) Broadcast Service Receiver Specification, including the interactive HbbTV profile.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, SIRIM, Andy Hickman, Digital TV, HbbTV, Malaysia, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Digital TV Labs opens 'HbbTV App Lab'
Apr 23, 2015 – Digital TV Labs has launched the world’s first independent 'HbbTV App Lab' to assist HbbTV application developers in testing their applications on a wide range of real HbbTV devices to ensure interoperability in the real world.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Andy Hickman, Digital TV, HbbTV, QoE, Worldwide
Digital TV Labs announces world’s first HbbTV 2.0 test suite
Dec 1, 2014 – Digital TV Labs has announced an HbbTV 2.0 Test Suite developed to support Digital UK’s Freeview connected service. Digital TV Labs' Ligada iSuite covers components of HbbTV 2.0, DVB DASH, Microsoft PlayReady DRM and HTML5 as well as those specific to the Freeview service.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Digital UK, Keith Potter, Ilse Howling, Digital TV, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, Worldwide
Digital UK awards contracts to build Freeview connected TV service
Nov 26, 2014 – Digital UK has announced the signing of contracts to build and test its Freeview-branded connected TV service. Digital UK is also now making the technical specification for the service available to manufacturers and content providers.
News categories: Digital UK, Arqiva, Digital TV Labs, Ilse Howling, Charles Constable, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Digital TV Labs announces HEVC test solutions
Sep 3, 2014 – Digital TV Labs has announced the launch of a range of products designed to aid in the development and deployment of next generation 4K / UHDTV services utilising the latest HEVC compression standard.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Keith Potter, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
HbbTV Association announces Asian symposium
May 27, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has announced the 'HbbTV Symposium: Asia'. The conference is to take place on June 18th at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore during the Broadcast Asia and CommunicAsia 2014 tradeshows.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Régis Saint Girons, Kirk Edwardson, Asia, ConnecTechAsia, HbbTV, Singapore
Ghana publishes conformance procedure for Digital TV logos
Jan 31, 2014 – Ghana's National Communications Authority (NCA) has published the procedure for the award of the Conformance Logos for Digital TV sets and decoders.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Digital TV, Ghana, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5