Digital TV News: Fearghal Kelly
Sigma Designs, Digisoft.tv and Novabase bring VOD to South Africa
Sep 10, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a collaboration with Digisoft.tv and Novabase on a rental service that allows consumers in South Africa to download VOD content at public kiosks via memory stick for playback on a low-cost STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digisoft.tv, Novabase, Mustafa Ozgen, Fearghal Kelly, Michael Pauli, Digital TV, Gateway, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa
Digisoft.tv and INSIDE Secure announce joint DRM implementation for STBs
Sep 8, 2014 – Digisoft.tv and INSIDE Secure have announced that they have launched a reference Encrypted Media Extension (EME) implementation on Digisoft.tv’s Iris HTML5 OS middleware application.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, INSIDE Secure, Fearghal Kelly, Martin Bergenwall, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Digisoft.tv launches CastOS at IBC
Sep 3, 2014 – Digisoft.tv is to launch its CastOS framework at IBC. The CastOS framework allows service providers to 'cast' without worrying about the underlying protocols on the target connected devices.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Fearghal Kelly, IBC2019, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Smart Home, Worldwide
Digisoft.tv introduces new Virtual STB
Sep 26, 2013 – Digisoft.tv has introduced its Virtual STB. A pure software product which brings all the services of a hybrid set-top box to connected TVs, the Virtual STB is set to revolutionise the smart TV market by removing CAPEX costs traditionally associated with the technology.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Fearghal Kelly, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Digisoft.tv and Dune HD partner on stick set-top box
Apr 8, 2013 – Digisoft.tv and Dune HD have announced a new cost-effective consumer platform aimed at carriers and retailers. Based on the Dune HD Connect StickSTB™ the agreement encompasses distribution, systems integration, research and development and support.
News categories: Digisoft, Dune HD, Digital TV, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
KIT digital Showcases Integrated Social Program Guide at TV Connect 2013
Mar 19, 2013 – KIT digital, alongside Digisoft.tv will showcase a working example of its Social Program Guide application that connects a second screen device with a TV as part of KIT digital's Second Screen Interaction Suite at TV Connect 2013.
News categories: KIT digital, Digisoft, Apps, Middleware, Set Top Box, Social TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
Digisoft and Hambisana launch hybrid education/TV STB project in South Africa
Mar 15, 2013 – Digisoft.tv has announced a venture with Hambisana. Projects will centre around the delivery of television and education to under serviced areas. Connected set top boxes will be supplied with a keyboard and mouse, effectively delivering a low cost PC to be used with a consumer's own television.
News categories: Digisoft, Hambisana, Africa, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, South Africa
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications