Digital TV News: Mitch Singer
Nagra DRM receives DECE approval
Apr 14, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its DRM technology, NAGRA MediaAccess Persistent Rights Management (PRM), has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for its UltraViolet streaming service.
News categories: NAGRA, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Mitch Singer, Maurice van Riek, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
New IEEE P2200 Draft Standard Aims To Deliver High Quality Mobile Experience (HQME) To Consumers Worldwide
Feb 14, 2011 – The HQME Steering Committee, a newly formed group of mobile and content industry leaders, has announced a proposed industry standard aimed at addressing challenges of efficiently managing and delivering data from mobile networks to mobile devices.
News categories: HQME, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC19, OTT
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem Unveils UltraViolet™ Brand
Jul 20, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has announced its consumer brand - UltraViolet™ - and logo. In addition, the consortium announced three additional new members bringing the total to nearly 60 member companies.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, UltraViolet, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Games Console, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) Announces Key Milestones
Jan 4, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has announced it has reached key milestones toward establishing the first open market for digital content distribution. In addition, DECE announced that 21 new companies have joined the group.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT
LG, Samsung, Sony and Valens Semiconductor to Launch HDBaseT™ Industry Alliance
Dec 15, 2009 – LG Electronics, Samsung, Sony and Valens Semiconductor have announced that they intend to launch a cross-industry alliance to promote and standardize the HDBaseT™ technology for whole-home distribution of uncompressed HD multimedia content.
News categories: LG Electronics, Samsung, Sony Pictures, Valens Semi, HDBaseT Alliance, Blu-ray, CES2020, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Industry Leaders to Create Global Standard Enabling 'Buy Once, Play Anywhere' Consumer Experience for Digital Media
Sep 12, 2008 – A consortium of more than 20 leading companies have announced the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), a digital media framework that will enable consumers to acquire and play content across a wide range of services and devices.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024