Digital TV News: Rovi Corp
Rovi G-Guide HTML enables VOD discovery for J:COM
May 29, 2015 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that Japan’s largest cable television operator, Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM), has selected Rovi’s G-Guide HTML to power entertainment discovery across live TV programming and video-on-demand (VOD) content.
News categories: Rovi Corp, J:COM, Chong-ho Choi, Masaaki Agaya, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Rovi to power DISH's voice-based TV interface
Apr 15, 2015 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) plans to integrate Rovi’s voice technology into its DISH Explorer second-screen app for iPad, Hopper Voice remote, and DISH Anywhere app for on-the-go viewing from mobile devices.
News categories: Rovi Corp, DISH Network, Daren Gill, Vivek Khemka, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
Cisco leads in both Video Infrastructure Software and Hardware
Dec 12, 2014 – New Q3 data from Synergy Research Group shows that Cisco maintains a strong market lead in both video infrastructure software and hardware, with its worldwide share of revenues approaching 20% in both segments.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Rovi acquires Fanhattan (Fan TV)
Nov 3, 2014 – Rovi Corporation has announced that it has acquired Fanhattan, a venture-backed startup, in an all-cash transaction. Fanhattan pioneers innovative ways to discover media and entertainment on any screen, from any source, through its cloud-based Fan TV branded products.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Fanhattan, Omar Javaid, Gilles BianRosa, Olivier Chalouhi, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Rovi Guide in more than half a million DTAs
Sep 23, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ:ROVI) has announced the deployment of its guides on over half a million digital terminal adapters. Rovi is now providing its programme guide to cable households throughout the U.S. and Latin America.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Armstrong, Omar Javaid, Dave Whittmann, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, USA
Pay TV operator software spending shrinks in developed markets
Jul 22, 2014 – Pay TV Operator spending on middleware, conditional access, DRM and other elements of pay TV software contracted 5% in North America and Western Europe during 2013, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite
Rovi discovery integrated with Frog-by-Wyplay on show at TVConnect
Mar 18, 2014 – Wyplay and Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) are hosting a demonstration at TV Connect 2014 of the combination of the Frog middleware platform and Rovi discovery services, designed to showcase a turn-key solution for pay-TV operators and Frog community members.
News categories: Wyplay, Rovi Corp, Pim Versteeg, Dominique Feral, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Rovi entertainment discovery and monetization technologies for Grundig TVs
Mar 18, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that Grundig has signed agreements for the use of Rovi TotalGuide CE and Rovi Advertising products in Grundig LED TVs distributed in Germany, the Nordic region, Western Europe, Turkey, and Russia.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Grundig, Akin Garzanli, Pim Versteeg, Advertising, Denmark, Europe, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, Russia, Smart TV, Sweden, Turkey
Rovi to launch HTML5 Electronic Program Guide for J:COM
Jan 31, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that its G-Guide HTML is planned to be launched on the new set-top box 'Smart J:COM Box' developed by Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM) in Japan.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Jupiter Telecommunications, Kazumasa Watanabe, Chong-Ho Choi, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023