Digital TV News: Sony Europe
Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
May 20, 2019 – Sony Europe has announced the pricing and availability of its MASTER Series ZG9 8K HDR Full Array LED TVs. The MASTER Series TVs feature Netflix Calibrated Mode and IMAX Enhanced to ensure that content is delivered as intended.
News categories: Sony Europe, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Sony brings Google Assistant to BRAVIA Android TVs in UK
Jun 20, 2018 – Sony Europe has announced that select Sony 4K HDR TVs with Android TV now have the Google Assistant built in, starting first with the UK, with more countries to follow later in 2018.
News categories: Sony Europe, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK, UX
DVB at ANGA Cable 2012
May 30, 2012 – At this year's ANGA Cable, DVB will be exhibiting with ANGA. There will be a DVB-T2 demo received on a Vestel iDTV and Vestel set-top box and a DVB-C2 cable transmission received on a Sony DVB-C2 iDTV and DVB-C2 evaluation board.
News categories: DVB Project, ANGA COM, Cable TV, DVB-C2, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sony Launches '3D Experience' On Demand Streaming Service
Jul 13, 2011 – Sony Europe has announced the launch of '3D Experience', a free of charge on-demand streaming service offering a range of promotional video clips and trial 3D content. The service will be available to owners of 3D-capable Sony BRAVIA LCD TVs.
News categories: Sony Europe, Canada, France, Germany, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA, VR
BRAVIA™ Internet Video to arrive in Europe
Sep 2, 2009 – Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) has announced its European launch plan of new BRAVIA™ TVs, Blu-ray Disc players and Blu-ray home cinema systems with a new feature, BRAVIA™ Internet Video.
News categories: Sony Europe, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2020, OTT, Smart TV
Collaboration Brings VoD to Standard TV Receivers without Set-Top Boxes
Mar 12, 2009 – TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC), Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE), Neotion and S&T have combined their expertise to deliver a VoD solution that enables cable operators to deliver services and adverts direct to the TV, without a set-top box (STB).
News categories: Neotion, Sony, TANDBERG Television, S&T, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers