Digital TV News: Stephen van Rooyen
Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
Sep 17, 2019 – Sky and Channel 4 have announced a partnership spanning content, technology and innovation. Channel 4 will use Sky’s AdSmart technology to deliver addressable ads across its portfolio of linear channels to both Sky and Virgin Media households.
News categories: Channel 4, Sky, Alex Mahon, Stephen van Rooyen, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, UK
Sky and Netflix join forces as Ultimate On Demand comes to Sky Q
Sep 19, 2018 – Sky has announced Ultimate On Demand - the UK’s biggest on demand TV service, bringing together Sky Box Sets and the full Netflix service. Recommendations for Sky and Netflix shows will share the spotlight on Sky Q’s homepage.
News categories: Sky, Netflix, Stephen van Rooyen, Chris Whiteley, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UK, UX
Sky Q takes another big leap forward
Feb 27, 2018 – Sky has announced the next stage in the development of Sky Q. Greater personalisation based on a household's viewing habits will ensure customers are served content most relevant to them. At the same time, Sky Q's Voice functionality will be extended.
News categories: Sky Group, Spotify, Jeremy Darroch, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Sky Q service to be available OTT in 2018
Jan 26, 2017 – Sky has announced plans to launch Sky TV without the need for a satellite dish. Delivered through a box over broadband, the service is expected to launch in the UK in 2018. Sky is also launching a new My Sky app.
News categories: BSkyB, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Sky Q goes on sale in February
Jan 29, 2016 – Sky has announced that Sky Q will go on sale in February. The Sky Q products connect wirelessly to create an ecosystem that makes TV viewing seamless – called Fluid Viewing. Fluid Viewing allows a user to pause a show in one room and pick up the action on another TV or tablet in the home.
News categories: Sky, Stephen van Rooyen, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Sky TV Goes Online and Mobile for all 10 million customers
Jun 10, 2011 – From next month, all Sky TV customers will have the opportunity to watch BSkyB (LSE:BSY) channels and programmes on PCs, laptops, mobiles and tablets at no extra charge.
News categories: BSkyB, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Tablet, UK
Sky+HD passes 1 million homes after record growth
Apr 30, 2009 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that the total number of Sky+HD customers has passed the 1 million mark for the first time after record sales in the first three months of 2009.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
Sky+ Remote Record now available on Apple iPhone
Apr 7, 2009 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that its Sky+ Remote Record application is available from the Apple App Store. The free application enables iPhone users with a Sky+ or Sky+HD set-top box to set recordings wherever they are in the world.
News categories: BSkyB, Apple App Store, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ