Digital TV News: Stephen van Rooyen
BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
Nov 11, 2019 – Sky and the BBC are to collaborate on content and technology. The BBC iPlayer app and connected red-button service will launch on Sky Q, and the companies will explore the use of Sky’s targeting technology, to serve up more personalised promotional content to BBC viewers.
News categories: Sky, BBC, Stephen van Rooyen, Bob Shennan, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, UK
Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
Sep 17, 2019 – Sky and Channel 4 have announced a partnership spanning content, technology and innovation. Channel 4 will use Sky’s AdSmart technology to deliver addressable ads across its portfolio of linear channels to both Sky and Virgin Media households.
News categories: Channel 4, Sky, Alex Mahon, Stephen van Rooyen, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, UK
Sky and Netflix join forces as Ultimate On Demand comes to Sky Q
Sep 19, 2018 – Sky has announced Ultimate On Demand - the UK’s biggest on demand TV service, bringing together Sky Box Sets and the full Netflix service. Recommendations for Sky and Netflix shows will share the spotlight on Sky Q’s homepage.
News categories: Sky, Netflix, Stephen van Rooyen, Chris Whiteley, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UK, UX
Sky Q takes another big leap forward
Feb 27, 2018 – Sky has announced the next stage in the development of Sky Q. Greater personalisation based on a household's viewing habits will ensure customers are served content most relevant to them. At the same time, Sky Q's Voice functionality will be extended.
News categories: Sky Group, Spotify, Jeremy Darroch, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Sky Q service to be available OTT in 2018
Jan 26, 2017 – Sky has announced plans to launch Sky TV without the need for a satellite dish. Delivered through a box over broadband, the service is expected to launch in the UK in 2018. Sky is also launching a new My Sky app.
News categories: BSkyB, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Sky Q goes on sale in February
Jan 29, 2016 – Sky has announced that Sky Q will go on sale in February. The Sky Q products connect wirelessly to create an ecosystem that makes TV viewing seamless – called Fluid Viewing. Fluid Viewing allows a user to pause a show in one room and pick up the action on another TV or tablet in the home.
News categories: Sky, Stephen van Rooyen, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Sky TV Goes Online and Mobile for all 10 million customers
Jun 10, 2011 – From next month, all Sky TV customers will have the opportunity to watch BSkyB (LSE:BSY) channels and programmes on PCs, laptops, mobiles and tablets at no extra charge.
News categories: BSkyB, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Tablet, UK
Sky+HD passes 1 million homes after record growth
Apr 30, 2009 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that the total number of Sky+HD customers has passed the 1 million mark for the first time after record sales in the first three months of 2009.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
Sky+ Remote Record now available on Apple iPhone
Apr 7, 2009 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that its Sky+ Remote Record application is available from the Apple App Store. The free application enables iPhone users with a Sky+ or Sky+HD set-top box to set recordings wherever they are in the world.
News categories: BSkyB, Apple App Store, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs