Digital TV News: TTP
TV formats withstand European ad recession
Mar 11, 2014 – The value created by the top 100 formats was $2,931 million in 2013 for 84 European channels across the 16 territories and 21 distributors, according to the TV Formats in Europe report.
News categories: Madigan Cluff, Digital TV Research, Michael Cluff, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Samsung, Vizio control U.S. Smart TV market
Mar 10, 2014 – The majority of Smart TV shipments in the United States were fulfilled by Samsung and Vizio Flat Panel TVs (FPTV) in Q4 2013, according to the latest Strategy Analytics research.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Eric Smith, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Sky Italia OTT TV to launch in two weeks
Mar 5, 2014 – Sky Italia has begun pre-registration for its new OTT television service in Italy, called Sky Online. The service is expected to be officially launched in two weeks.
News categories: Sky Italia, Sky Online, Digital TV, Italy, Multiscreen, OTT
DISH Anywhere now available on Amazon Kindle Fire HDX tablets
Mar 5, 2014 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced that its DISH Anywhere™ app is now available for Kindle Fire HDX tablets. The app gives DISH customers the ability to watch live TV, DVR recordings and On Demand titles on-the-go.
News categories: DISH Network, Jimshade Chaudhari, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Tablet, TV Everywhere, USA
Roku announces HDMI Roku Streaming Stick
Mar 4, 2014 – Roku has announced the new Roku® Streaming Stick™ (HDMI® version). The compact stick plugs into an HDMI port for a streamlined look suitable for wall-mounted TVs.
News categories: Roku, Jim Funk, Canada, Ireland, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, USA
Live 4K DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 transmission on show at ABU DBS in KL
Feb 28, 2014 – A live demonstration of a satellite and terrestrial hybrid 4K transmission system is in the works for the upcoming ABU DBS 2014 Exhibition in Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
News categories: MEASAT, Village Island, Aviindos, Jonathan Triboulet, Naveendran Murthy, Michael Van Dorpe, Raj Malik, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Malaysia
US Wi-Fi households to own average of 11 Wi-Fi devices in 2017
Feb 26, 2014 – Global shipments for Wi-Fi enabled Consumer Electronics devices grew 19 percent year-over-year to reach 1.9 billion units in 2013 according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Eric Smith, Home Networking, Market Research, Multiscreen, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Wireless, Worldwide
Russia's MTS buys hybrid TV solution from Ericsson
Feb 26, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) has signed an agreement for the purchase of a hybrid TV solution from Ericsson. The system will form a common platform for all of MTS' pay TV services across Russia.
News categories: Ericsson, Mobile TeleSystems, NVision, Cable TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Russia
Hong Kong's TVB.COM selects Verimatrix for subscription-VOD service
Feb 26, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that Hong Kong's TVB.COM has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) architecture to provide revenue security for its subscription-based VOD Service.
News categories: Verimatrix, TVB.COM, Kenneth Wong, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Multiscreen, OTT
- Eutelsat-Nilesat 7/8°W video audience exceeds 50 million homes
- Creonic to deliver IP cores for the new DVB-S2X standard
- MStar and Connected-Labs collaborate on Web solutions for TV and STB
- TV formats withstand European ad recession
- Vonetize starts streaming 4K video on Smart TVs
- Samsung, Vizio control U.S. Smart TV market
- Broadpeak teams with Eutelsat for satellite delivery of OTT content
- Ooyala technology for Foxtel's Presto OTT movie service
- beIN SPORTS chooses Pace HD STBs and Home Media Servers
- Entropic, MTI satellite Channel Stacking Switch deployed in the Middle East
- Quadrille push VOD integrated with Eutelsat's 'smart LNB'
- Eutelsat shows ‘smart LNB’ in action at CabSat Dubai
- Majority of televisions in U.S. housholds are now HDTVs
- ALi ATSC SoC designed-in by Funai for Mexico STB
- Altech UEC manufactures 20 millionth set-top box
- Piksel OTT solution for Belgium's VRT
- Ecuador adds 443 thousand pay TV subscribers in 2013
- Belarus reaches 97.4% DTT coverage
- Sky Italia OTT TV to launch in two weeks
- DISH Anywhere now available on Amazon Kindle Fire HDX tablets