Digital TV News: TTP
TiVo now available from Cogeco Cable Canada
Oct 30, 2014 – TiVo is now available in Canada from Cogeco Cable Canada. In Ontario markets where it operates, Cogeco Cable Canada will now offer Cogeco TiVo Service, the ultimate personalized home entertainment experience.
News categories: Cogeco, TiVo Inc, Louise St-Pierre, Tom Elam, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Sky Deutschland announces Sky Online OTT service
Oct 30, 2014 – Sky Deutschland has announced a standalone online TV service, Sky Online, making it possible for everyone without a traditional Sky subscription to enjoy TV series, blockbusters and live sports on the internet, iPad and iPhone.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, Brian Sullivan, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
STMicroelectronics reports third quarter 2014 results
Oct 29, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has reported results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 27, 2014. ST's third quarter net revenues increased 1.2% on a sequential basis to $1.89 billion, down 6.3% on a year-over-year basis.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Asia Pacific to lead multiscreen boom
Oct 29, 2014 – People will watch TV and video content on more and more devices as TV everywhere takes off. For the 51 countries covered in Digital TV Research’s Multiscreen TV & Video Forecasts report, the gross number of viewers will climb from 5.60 billion in 2010 to 11.32 billion by 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, Multiscreen, North America, OTT, Smartphone, Subscribers, Tablet, Worldwide
14% of U.S. broadband homes now without traditional pay TV
Oct 28, 2014 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), during the next few months, and for the first time in history, the number of U.S. home broadband subscriptions, at over 100 million, will surpass the number of home pay-TV subscriptions.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
Silicon Labs launches 6th generation silicon tuners
Oct 27, 2014 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced the sixth generation of its TV tuner ICs. Silicon Labs’ Si2151 and Si2141 TV tuners address the hybrid and digital TV markets, support both digital and analog video broadcasts, and comply with all terrestrial/cable TV standards.
News categories: Silicon Labs, James Stansberry, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Amazon introduces its Fire TV Stick
Oct 27, 2014 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has introduced its Fire TV Stick, a small stick that connects to the HDMI port of an HDTV for instant access to movies, TV shows, music, photos, apps, and games. Fire TV Stick is $39 and is available for pre-order.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Apps, Digital TV, Home Networking, OTT, Placeshifting, Smart TV, USA
Norway's NexGenTel to re-use TDC IPTV platform
Oct 23, 2014 – TDC Group has announced that Norway's third largest broadband provider NexGenTel is to go live with a new IPTV platform based on TDC's technology after the two companies signed a cooperation agreement earlier this year.
News categories: TDC Group, NextGenTel, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Norway
Canal Digital taps Xstream for iPad TVE app
Oct 23, 2014 – Canal Digital customers in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland can now see their favorite TV show and movies on their iPad with the recently launched Canal Digital GO iPad app, designed, developed and powered by Xstream.
News categories: Xstream A/S, Canal Digital, Frank Thorup, Tone Krohn Clausen, Apps, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden, TV Everywhere
- HTTV and TeVolution combine DTT/OTT efforts for Africa
- Bell Media to launch on-demand subscription TV in Canada
- TiVo now available from Cogeco Cable Canada
- Roku powers Sky Online TV Box in Germany
- Sky Deutschland announces Sky Online OTT service
- VUDU entertainment service launches on TiVo
- Ittiam enables HEVC support in Android Lollipop
- Charter video subscribers down 9,000 in 3Q 2014
- STMicroelectronics reports third quarter 2014 results
- Asia Pacific to lead multiscreen boom
- 14% of U.S. broadband homes now without traditional pay TV
- ARM announces single-core video codec IP for HEVC
- Silicon Labs launches 6th generation silicon tuners
- Beltelecom expands DTT coverage in Belarus
- Amazon introduces its Fire TV Stick
- Philippines digital TV to begin in 2019
- Sky TV New Zealand to launch NEON SVOD service in December
- Tivi OTT service begins test operations in Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Global pay TV market to generate $269 billion in 2014
- U.S. broadband households watch 17.4 hours of non-linear video per week