Digital TV News: TTP
40% of broadband households in Germany and Spain own a smart TV
Sep 30, 2014 – Research from Parks Associates has shown that more than 40% of broadband households in Germany and Spain own a smart TV, while U.K. adoption of smart TVs is 33%.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, Spain, UK
Netflix streaming volume up 350% in 10 quarters
Sep 25, 2014 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), Netflix streaming has increased 350 percent during the last 10 quarters, growing from two billion hours in Q4-11 to seven billion hours as of Q2-14.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Netflix, Bill Niemeyer, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Bulgaria's Mtel launches satellite TV
Sep 25, 2014 – Bulgaria's Mtel has launched direct-to-home satellite television broadcasting. The telco is offering up to 150 TV channels with more than 20 in HD. There are three different subscription packages with HD channels available in all packages.
News categories: Mtel, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Russia's pay TV to grow to 45.3 million subscribers in 2018
Sep 24, 2014 – J'son & Partners Consulting has released figures for pay TV in Russia to the end of the first half of 2014 with forecasts of the market's development to 2018.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
OTT revenues to rocket to $42 billion by 2020
Sep 24, 2014 – Global online TV and video revenues will reach $42.34 billion in 2020; up from $3.96 billion recorded in 2010 and the $19.03 billion expected in 2014, according to a report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, OTT, Worldwide
Game console primary connected CE device for 28% of US homes
Sep 23, 2014 – Parks Associates has announced research that shows 46% of U.S. broadband households have a game console connected to the Internet and over one-quarter (28%) use the connected gaming console as their primary connected CE device.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Altech to offer HTML5 apps via the Opera TV Store
Sep 23, 2014 – Altech Multimedia and Opera Software are extending their partnership to bring the Opera TV Store application platform on board selected Altech set-top boxes, kicking off in Australia before rolling out internationally.
News categories: Opera Software, Altech Multimedia, Aneesh Rajaram, Russell Futter, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, Set Top Box
Netflix to reach 100 million international subscribers by 2020
Sep 22, 2014 – Digital TV Research has estimated that Netflix is aiming for 104 million international subscribers by 2020 - just for the countries where it has already launched.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Netflix, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Latin America, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
Broadband Commission releases country-by-country data on broadband access worldwide
Sep 22, 2014 – Over 50% of the global population will have Internet access within three years' time, according to the 2014 edition of the UN Broadband Commission's State of Broadband report.
News categories: Broadband Commission, Dr Hamadoun I. Toure, Irina Bokova, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
- 40% of broadband households in Germany and Spain own a smart TV
- MPEG LA offers HEVC patent portfolio license
- Singapore launches Digital TV Assistance Scheme
- Amino 'Live' platform for Interstate Telecommunications Cooperative
- JAINHITS selects set-tops from ARRIS for India cable distribution
- Netflix viewing on digital media players surges in U.S.
- Nova Greece exceeds 500,000 pay TV subscribers
- Netflix streaming volume up 350% in 10 quarters
- Strong growth in tablet video viewing in the U.S.
- Bulgaria's Mtel launches satellite TV
- Romania to auction two national DTT multiplexes
- Midcontinent to use aioTV PassBox to add OTT content
- Huawei provides Hybrid Video Solution to Mexico's Megacable
- Entone and ZTE collaborate to boost hybrid TV
- Russia's pay TV to grow to 45.3 million subscribers in 2018
- 32 million 802.11ac access points to ship in 2014
- Iliad's Freebox v7 may be based on Android TV
- NanoTech UltraFlix 4K streaming for VIZIO TVs
- OTT revenues to rocket to $42 billion by 2020
- Australia's TPG Telecom to launch IPTV in 2015