Digital TV News: TTP
Canal Digital taps Xstream for iPad TVE app
Oct 23, 2014 – Canal Digital customers in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland can now see their favorite TV show and movies on their iPad with the recently launched Canal Digital GO iPad app, designed, developed and powered by Xstream.
News categories: Xstream A/S, Canal Digital, Frank Thorup, Tone Krohn Clausen, Apps, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden, TV Everywhere
Quantenna and SoftAtHome partner for wireless home networks
Oct 20, 2014 – Quantenna and SoftAtHome have partnered to deliver next generation of wireless home networks. SoftAtHome is offering its SOP7 software platform, powered by the QSR1000 4x4 802.11ac Wi-Fi chipset from Quantenna.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Quantenna, Michel Degland, Sam Heidari, BBWF, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless, Worldwide
Adobe report shows U.S. online TV consumption up 388 percent
Oct 20, 2014 – Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) has released its Video Benchmark Report, which analyzes online TV (TV Everywhere) and other, non-authenticated online video trends. Key findings of the Adobe Digital Index report show that more people watched more TV online than ever before.
News categories: Adobe, Jeremy Helfand, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
Subisu Cablenet launches digital TV in Nepal
Oct 17, 2014 – Cable television provider, Subisu Cablenet, has announced Nepal's first digital TV service. The service, called CLEAR TV, will be available from 1st Nov, 2014.
News categories: Subisu, Cable TV, Digital TV, Nepal
Worldwide TV revenue to reach €424.7 billion in 2018
Oct 16, 2014 – IDATE has released the latest version of its 'TV and video services worldwide' market report and database. It provides data on a market in the throes of major upheavals, analysing changes in viewer habits, TV access networks and revenue sources.
News categories: IDATE, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Eastlink launches Wireless TV in Canada
Oct 16, 2014 – Canadian cable TV company, Eastlink, has announced the national launch of its Wireless TV giving its Maestro customers the ability to enjoy an unmatched TV experience on an unprecedented six TVs anywhere in the home.
News categories: Eastlink, Lee Bragg, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Gateway, Wireless
Google announces Nexus Player Android TV box
Oct 15, 2014 – In an update to its Android portfolio, Google has announced its Nexus Player, the first device running Android TV. Nexus Player, a collaboration with Asus, is a streaming media player for movies, music and videos.
News categories: Google, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Thailand adds 2.8 million households to DTV voucher scheme
Oct 15, 2014 – Thailand's National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission has approved a plan to add 2.8 million households to those eligible for its digital TV vouchers.
News categories: National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission, Takorn Tantasith, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Thailand
CPE revenue to expand by $1.8 billion this year
Oct 15, 2014 – The global market for broadband consumer premises equipment (CPE) will end 2014 with the highest growth in revenues since 2010, increasing by 20 percent from 2013 to reach nearly $11 billion, according IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Technology, John Kendall, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Market Research, Worldwide
- Global pay TV market to generate $269 billion in 2014
- Comcast video subscribers down 81,000 in 3Q 2014
- Trustonic selected by TCL Mobile to secure mobile devices
- Rabbit TV to distribute free HDTV antennas
- Canal Digital taps Xstream for iPad TVE app
- AT&T adds 216,000 U-verse TV subscribers in 3Q 2014
- HD and VOD feed Latin America's pay TV growth
- Pace achieves Minerva certification for IPTV STBs
- FUTURECAST ATSC 3.0 physical layer tested in Wisconsin
- SoftAtHome integrates Z-Wave networking with Sigma Designs
- Express-AM6 DTH satellite put into orbit over Russia
- Broadcom reports third quarter 2014 results
- Broadpeak Quality of Experience agent integrated with Zenterio OS
- Time Warner Cable rolls-out new DVR in New York and LA
- 64% of U.S. broadband households have Internet-connected CE
- Actions Semi debuts SoC for tablets and OTT set-tops
- Broadcom introduces G.fast SoC for home gateways
- Demand for pay TV video encoders on the rise
- Verizon adds 114,000 video subscribers in 3Q 2014
- Huawei licenses Frog by Wyplay STB middleware