Digital TV News: TTP
Windstream launches Kinetic TV in Lincoln, Nebraska
Apr 15, 2015 – Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN) has announced that Kinetic, Windstream’s next-generation television service, is now available in Lincoln, Nebraska. Powered by the Ericsson Mediaroom platform, Kinetic is an IPTV alternative to satellite and cable.
News categories: Windstream, Ericsson, David Redmond, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Swisscom TV 2.0 brings HbbTV to SRG SSR channels
Apr 14, 2015 – Swisscom has announced that it has activated the multimedia successor to teletext. HbbTV will be available with HD programmes shown on SRG, allowing viewers to access interactive content through their internet connection.
News categories: Swisscom, Marc Werner, Digital TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Switzerland
DTS-HD sound technology added to Alibaba Tmall Box STB
Apr 13, 2015 – DTS (Nasdaq: DTSI) has announced that its DTS-HD sound technology has been integrated into the Tmall Box set-top box from Alibaba (NYSE:BABA). The Tmall Box is powered by an Amlogic quad-core SoC.
News categories: DTS, Alibaba, Amlogic, Brian Towne, Patrick Liu, China, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Fraunhofer IIS, Qualcomm and Technicolor to demonstrate MPEG-H Audio
Apr 11, 2015 – At NAB 2015, Fraunhofer IIS, Qualcomm and Technicolor will offer the world’s first live broadcast demonstration of MPEG-H Audio, the TV audio system currently proposed for ATSC 3.0 and being developed for over-the-top streaming video services.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Qualcomm, Technicolor, Robert Bleidt, Samir Gupta, Claude Gagnon, ATSC, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Saffron Digital and Verimatrix collaborate on OTT content security
Apr 10, 2015 – Saffron Digital has partnered with Verimatrix to offer revenue security and monetization tools to broadcasters and operators. The partnership enhances Saffron Digital’s OTT platform, MainStage, with Verimatrix’s revenue security solution.
News categories: Saffron Digital, Verimatrix, Malachi Bierstein, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Fixed broadband subscribers to approach 1 billion in 2019
Apr 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) fixed broadband subscribers grew 8% in 2014, reaching 733 million as service providers continue to steadily add subscribers. Subscriber growth is being driven by FTTH and DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Broadpeak nanoCDN integrated with Geniatech Android STBs
Apr 9, 2015 – Broadpeak has announced that its nanoCDN technology has been integrated with the ATV1800 Android TV box from Geniatech, providing operators with a way to deliver OTT video using only a few megabits per second of their network.
News categories: Broadpeak, Geniatech, Jacques Le Mancq, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
OTT streaming to hit 100 million subscribers in 2015
Apr 9, 2015 – Direct-to-consumer initiatives such as HBO Now and Sling TV herald a new era in online streaming as premium, stand-alone services based on content once exclusive to traditional pay TV hit the market.
News categories: Ovum, Tony Gunnarsson, Ed Barton, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Comcast selects Elemental to support advanced DVR services
Apr 7, 2015 – Elemental has announced that Comcast has selected its video processing software to power encoding for the X1 DVR with cloud technology which lets customers record TV shows and movies in the Comcast cloud to enjoy in the home or on-the-go across devices.
News categories: Elemental, Comcast, Dan Marshall, Jason Press, Cable TV, Infrastructure, NABShow, TV Everywhere, USA
- Video infrastructure markets to grow 37% over the next 5 year
- Wiztivi joins the RDK community
- TIM and Sky launch fibre-optic TV in Italy
- SmartLabs enables multiscreen service for Beltelecom
- Amino certified for YouTube on TV on latest IPTV/OTT device range
- Chips&Media releases HEVC/VP9 decoder IP with 10bit support
- Windstream launches Kinetic TV in Lincoln, Nebraska
- Rovi to power DISH's voice-based TV interface
- SES and partners announce SAT>IP Alliance
- DISH first with whole-home Netflix experience
- Swisscom TV 2.0 brings HbbTV to SRG SSR channels
- 342 million Connected Automotive Infotainment Systems to ship between 2015 and 2020
- Prodea shows home connected with Eutelsat SmartLNB
- Broadcom cable SoCs DivX Certified for HEVC Ultra HD
- Russia's CTC Media launches free movie streaming
- Technicolor offers HDR grading services and software licensing
- ViXS extends professional decoder lineup with HDR and UHD 12-bit colour
- DTS-HD sound technology added to Alibaba Tmall Box STB
- The world’s love affair with the TV may be coming to an end
- SES, Harmonic, Sony, Telvue, Pacsat and Superior show Ultra HD delivery to cable