Digital TV News: TTP
NEOTION, Broadpeak and Eutelsat to show OTT over satellite at CSTB
Jan 23, 2015 – NEOTION has announced that it has teamed up with Broadpeak and Eutelsat to provide a solution to enable OTT services for smartphones, tablets and 4K screens delivered over satellite. The joint solution will be presented at CSTB 2015.
News categories: NEOTION, Broadpeak, Eutelsat, Christophe Genevois, Jacques Le Mancq, CSTB, Digital TV, Gateway, Infrastructure, Satellite, Worldwide
ST launches HDMI signal-conditioning and protection ICs
Jan 20, 2015 – STMicroelectronics has launched HDMI protection ICs, designed for 4K Ultra-HD data rates. The HDMI2C1 series feature active pull-ups on all DDC lines to maintain Ultra-HD signal integrity and minimize dependence on HDMI cable quality.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Home Networking, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Colombia's pay TV subscriber base passes the 8 million mark
Jan 20, 2015 – According to the latest Market Estimates report from BB BUSINESS BUREAU, the pay TV market in Colombia is continuing to grow though at a slower rate than one year ago.
News categories: BUSINESS BUREAU, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers
Montenegro's TV subscribers down 1,242 in 4Q 2014
Jan 20, 2015 – The Agency for Electronic Media in Montenegro has released subscriber figures for country's TV operators. At December 31, 2014, the number of connections was 154,393, down 1,242 or 0.8% since end-September 2014.
News categories: Agencije za elektronske medije, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, MMDS, Montenegro, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Tricom launches triple-play gateway in the Dominican Republic
Jan 19, 2015 – Tricom, part of the Altice Group, has announced the launch of its new Smartbox set-top box in the Dominican Republic. The gateway box integrates TV with internet access and telephony.
News categories: Tricom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Gateway
TrueVisions offers subscription-free satellite TV STB
Jan 16, 2015 – Thailand's TrueVisions has launched a new set-top box capable of receiving up to 200 subscription-free satellite TV channels. The True Digital HD box is suitable for both Ku-band and C-band reception, and can support screen resolutions up to 1080i.
News categories: True Corp, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite, Set Top Box, Thailand
Xiaomi launches 'Mi Box mini' streaming set-top box
Jan 15, 2015 – Xiaomi has announced the release of its Mi Box mini streaming set-top box in China. The box is one quarter the size of the previously announced Mi Box and fits directly into a mains socket.
News categories: Xiaomi, China, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Satellite dominates Sub-Saharan Africa pay TV revenues
Jan 14, 2015 – Pay TV revenues in Sub-Saharan Africa will reach $6.22 billion in 2020, up from $3.54 billion in 2014 and $1.92 billion in 2010, according to a report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Spain's Orange TV passes the 100,000 subscriber mark
Jan 9, 2015 – Orange has announced that its Orange TV IPTV service in Spain now has more than 100,000 subscribers, up 25% since the beginning of the 2013.
News categories: Orange, IPTV, Multiscreen, Spain, Subscribers
- NEOTION, Broadpeak and Eutelsat to show OTT over satellite at CSTB
- Dish TV India adds 416,000 net subscribers in 4Q 2014
- SES selects Arianespace for SES-12 satellite launch
- OpenVault and FourthWall partner on set-top box diagnostic data
- Verizon adds 116,000 net FiOS Video connections in 4Q 2014
- Tata Elxsi joins the Frog by Wyplay Community
- beIN SPORTS selects Cisco Videoscape TV
- du to provide Akamai CDN services to Saudi Arabia's Selevision
- Verimatrix updates list of certified chipsets
- Boeing to build satellite for CMMB Vision mobile multimedia service in China
- ST launches HDMI signal-conditioning and protection ICs
- Sunplus to sell set-top box chip business to Availink
- Altech selects DivX HEVC Ultra HD and DivX Plus HD for STBs
- Colombia's pay TV subscriber base passes the 8 million mark
- Montenegro's TV subscribers down 1,242 in 4Q 2014
- Envivio powers Bouygues Telecom video on demand
- Tricom launches triple-play gateway in the Dominican Republic
- Albis Technologies teams up with SPB TV at CSTB 2015
- ER-Telecom adds on-demand to Dom.ru TV
- Motive adds Google Chromecast to TabletTV