Digital TV News: TTP
Digital TV Research provides Netflix subscriber split by country
Jul 24, 2014 – Digital TV Research has made estimates of the number of subscribers that Netflix has in the countries in which it operates. At the end of June, the top two international markets for Netflix were the UK and Canada.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Ireland, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Subscribers, Sweden, UK, USA
Ultra HD TVs make gains but still lack market penetration
Jul 23, 2014 – Ultra-high-definition televisions (UHD TVs) continued to make slow and steady inroads throughout the world, but their share of the overall flat-panel TV market remained minimal by the end of May, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Technology, Jusy Hong, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Satellite TV revenues to reach $100 billion
Jul 23, 2014 – Satellite TV revenues will reach $99.9 billion in 2020, up from $87.8 billion in 2013 and $69.3 billion in 2010, according to a report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
Most sub-Saharan countries to miss 2015 TV switchover deadline
Jul 22, 2014 – Ovum has found that most sub-Saharan countries will not achieve the ITU deadline to switch off their analogue TV due to a lack of public awareness, inadequate funding of TV infrastructure and insufficient supplies of set-top boxes.
News categories: Ovum, Adam Thomas, Africa, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Market Research, Nigeria, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
U.S. ownership of connected TV devices to grow 100% by 2017
Jul 21, 2014 – By 2017 there will be 204 million connected TV devices linked to the Internet and able to deliver apps to viewers, more than double the projected number of U.S. Internet households, according to the latest NPD forecast.
News categories: NPD Connected Intelligence, John Buffone, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Solbox streaming server supports HEVC and MPEG-DASH for Ultra HD
Jul 21, 2014 – Solbox has announced the launch of a streaming solution for Ultra HD video services. Solbox is the first company in Korea to develop a live-streaming server with support for the HEVC codec and MPEG-DASH protocol.
News categories: Solbox, Taeha Park, Infrastructure, IPTV, OTT, Worldwide
Set-top box revenue posts best year ever in 2013
Jul 16, 2014 – Following a relatively flat three-year period, the global set-top box (STB) market managed to achieve the highest annual revenue total in its history in 2013, setting the stage for continued growth through 2015, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Technology, Daniel Simmons, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Number of IPTV subscribers to double by 2020
Jul 16, 2014 – The number of homes paying for IPTV will rocket to 191 million by end-2020; more than double the 90 million recorded at end-2013 and up from only 36 million at end-2010, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Subscribers, Worldwide
nc+ launches satellite STB with WiFi in Poland
Jul 14, 2014 – In late July and early August Polish pay TV operator, nc+, will make available its new 'wifibox+' satellite set-top box. The box has built-in Wi-Fi allowing wireless access to the company's netVOD+ video-on-demand (VOD) service. Users can also play video and audio files on the device, and can connect an e
News categories: nc+, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
- Thailand's NBTC proposes ฿690 DTT receiver subsidy coupoon
- Digital TV Research provides Netflix subscriber split by country
- Entropic licenses Cryptography Research DPA countermeasures
- AT&T adds 190,000 U-verse TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Vega launches IPTV service in Ukraine
- Seagate launches channel on Roku
- Service Electric chooses ARRIS for delivery of TV Everywhere
- Comporium adds ARRIS TV-everywhere box to its offer
- Consolidated chooses ARRIS Whole Home Solution and ConvergeMedia Management Suite
- Ultra HD TVs make gains but still lack market penetration
- SES launches digital TV platform for West Africa
- Satellite TV revenues to reach $100 billion
- STMicroelectronics Reports 2014 Second Quarter Financial Results
- Broadcom reports second quarter 2014 results
- Pay TV operator software spending shrinks in developed markets
- UK's YouView plans expansion
- Dish TV India adds 332 thousand subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Verizon adds 100,000 FiOS Video connections in 2Q 2014
- Comcast video subscribers down 144,000 in 2Q 2014
- Most sub-Saharan countries to miss 2015 TV switchover deadline