Digital TV News: TTP
US pay TV subscriptions poised for rebound after 2013 decline
Apr 15, 2014 – The Pay TV market in the US has faced challenges for several years, which culminated in a 0.58% loss in total subscribers in 2013. However, recent research from Strategy Analytics forecasts a return to growth in 2014.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jason Blackwell, Eric Smith, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Two European operators select Espial for multiscreen services
Apr 15, 2014 – Espial has announced that two of its existing European Pay TV operator customers, Vodafone in Iceland and Tele2 in the Netherlands, have selected Espial to power their multiscreen services on Tablets, Smartphones and PCs.
News categories: Espial, Vodafone, Tele2, Iceland, Middleware, Multiscreen, Netherlands
Digital pay TV soars in Eastern Europe
Apr 15, 2014 – The number of digital pay TV subscribers will increase from 26.1 million (21.5% of TV households) in 2010 to 45.0 million (36.6%) in 2013 and onto 73.6 million (58.2%) by 2020, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
IPTV nearing the 100 million subscriber threshold
Apr 9, 2014 – Year-end figures for broadband and IPTV, published by the Broadband Forum, show that IPTV is nearing the 100 million subscriber threshold, with 21% growth in 2013 taking the total to 96 million.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Robin Mersh, Oliver Johnson, Africa, Asia, Broadband, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Subscribers, Worldwide
Sumitomo STBs for NTT Plala UltraHD 4K HEVC VOD trial
Apr 8, 2014 – Sumitomo Electric (TOKYO:5802) has announced that it has been selected by NTT Plala to provide Ultra High Definition '4K' 'p60' set top boxes for the carrier’s 4K video streaming trial service of 'Hikari-TV'.
News categories: Sumitomo, NTT Plala, ViXS Systems, Katsumi Nagata, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Mexico's Telecable launches OTT multiscreen with Broadpeak
Apr 8, 2014 – Broadpeak has announced that Telecable, one of the major cable and media network companies in Mexico, has selected Broadpeak solutions to power its new OTT multiscreen service.
News categories: Broadpeak, Telecable, Luis Vielma, Jacques Le Mancq, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Mexico, Multiscreen
Deutsche Telekom cloud-based video streaming for Abu Dhabi Media
Apr 7, 2014 – Deutsche Telekom’s BDI unit has announced that Abu Dhabi Media is now a customer for its LiveStream Perform cloud-based video streaming solution for the delivery of six TV channels to multiple connected devices.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Abu Dhabi Media, Octoshape, Ali Al Shaiba, Karim El-Khazen, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, OTT, UAE
Curved TV screens leap into the global market
Apr 7, 2014 – According to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly TV Design and Features Report, curved TV display shipments are now forecast to reach nearly 800K units in 2014, and are expected to exceed 6M units by the end of 2017.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Paul Gray, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Pay TV penetration grows throughout Argentina during 2013
Apr 4, 2014 – LAMAC has announced that it has produced an updated report on the Pay TV market in Argentina. Pay TV’s penetration in the country as a whole is 80%, with an even higher penetration in the southern provinces.
News categories: LAMAC, Argentina, Cable TV, Market Research, Satellite
- NAGRA adds multiscreen DRM to DISH/Echostar security
- China Digital TV announces strategic partnership with Beijing Gehua
- RDA Microelectronics announces sampling of Digital TV Tuner IC
- WASU content for IMAX-TCL Premium Home Theatre
- MultiChoice selects Clearleap to accelerate multiscreen strategy
- ViXS reports fourth quarter and fiscal 2014 results
- US pay TV subscriptions poised for rebound after 2013 decline
- Two European operators select Espial for multiscreen services
- Romania ends 2013 with 6.4 million pay TV subscribers
- Time Warner Cable developing RDK STB with Humax
- Peoples Communication partners with Skitter to bring IPTV to East Texas
- Digital pay TV soars in Eastern Europe
- Nagra DRM receives DECE approval
- Vodafone Netherlands deploys Entone
- Entropic licenses OmniPhy DDR4/3 IP for STB ICs
- ViXS and Intel team up on media processing SoCs
- upc cablecom takes final steps from analogue to digital television
- Aereo announces Google Cast™ ready date
- DTG Testing scheduled for Freeview Tablet TV UK
- Montenegro adds 917 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2014