Digital TV News: TTP
DISH first major US pay TV provider to integrate Netflix
Dec 17, 2014 – DISH has become the first major pay-TV provider in the U.S. to integrate the Netflix app into its set-top box. The app gives customers the ability to stream Netflix movies and TV shows from the same platform used to access their linear TV channels.
News categories: DISH Network, Netflix, Vivek Khemka, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Cisco leads in both Video Infrastructure Software and Hardware
Dec 12, 2014 – New Q3 data from Synergy Research Group shows that Cisco maintains a strong market lead in both video infrastructure software and hardware, with its worldwide share of revenues approaching 20% in both segments.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Market Research, Worldwide
1.9 connected TV devices per broadband household in USA
Dec 10, 2014 – Ownership of Connected TV Devices (including smart TVs, smart blu-ray players, IP-enabled game consoles and digital media streamers) in the U.S. grew 5 percent quarter-on-quarter in Q3 2014 and 28 percent year-on-year to reach 168 million units.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Eric Smith, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Mexico's Maxcom chooses Broadpeak for multiscreen OTT
Dec 9, 2014 – Broadpeak has announced that Mexico's Maxcom Telecomunicaciones has chosen Broadpeak's CDN manager, streaming server, and video delivery analytics solutions to improve its OTT multiscreen service offering.
News categories: Broadpeak, Maxcom, Jacques Le Mancq, Miguel Ceballos, Infrastructure, Mexico, Multiscreen, OTT
Tablets are fastest growing connected device in U.S.
Dec 9, 2014 – Tablet ownership among U.S. consumers is on the rise, and growing at a faster rate than that of any other connected device. According to NPD, as of the third quarter of 2014 there were 109 million tablets in use, up 35 million from last year.
News categories: Connected Intelligence, John Buffone, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Tablet, USA
Silicon Labs debuts next-generation DTV demodulators
Dec 8, 2014 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced its next-generation digital TV demodulator family offering expanded support for the latest satellite, terrestrial and cable standards. The new Si218x family includes the world’s first demodulators supporting the recently launched DVB-S2X specification.
News categories: Silicon Labs, James Stansberry, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Eutelsat to offer software-defined satellites
Dec 8, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced a programme that will enable its clients to actively define the performance and flexibility they need from a satellite. The software-defined 'Eutelsat Quantum' class of satellites will set new standards of configurability for users.
News categories: Eutelsat, European Space Agency, Airbus Defence and Space, Michel de Rosen, Magali Vaissiere, Eric Béranger, Digital TV, Europe, Infrastructure, Satellite, Worldwide
Bell Media introduces CraveTV in Canada
Dec 3, 2014 – Bell Media has introduced Canada to CraveTV™, the company's subscription on-demand video streaming service launching on Thursday, Dec. 11. Costing $4/Month, CraveTV brings simplicity, ubiquity, accessibility, and premium content to Canadian TV lovers.
News categories: Bell Media, CraveTV, Kevin Crull, Domenic Vivolo, Mike Cosentino, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
PARROT unveils DVB-T2 car TV reception modules
Dec 3, 2014 – Parrot has announced a new family of modules dedicated to car infotainment. The STH modules support the major broadcast standards deployed worldwide, from AM/FM radio to DVB-T2. A 3rd generation of Octopus chips is at the heart of the modules.
News categories: Parrot, Eric Riyahi, Digital TV, DVB-T2, In-Car, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Canal Digital Kabel-TV goes live with ADB Multi-screen
- Comcast launches Xfinity in UHD app for Samsung TVs
- Worldwide CE market forecast to grow 4.5% this year
- LG to unveil webOS 2.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2015
- DISH first major US pay TV provider to integrate Netflix
- Play Cast Maldives receives cable TV licence
- Broadcom STB platform to accelerate Mexico's transition to digital TV
- 2.3 million active smartcards for Italy's TivùSat
- Cello Electronics TVs to offer Stream TV glasses-free 3D
- Belgium's Mobistar starts trials of its internet and digital TV services
- Wyplay connects STBs with SIGFOX IoT network
- Multi-Gigabit cable broadband speeds get closer for consumers
- Broadcom introduces first GPS-enabled device for satellite outdoor units
- 43.9% of French TV households have TV-over-ADSL
- Espial showcases RDK, 4K, OTT and HTML5 TV user experiences at CES 2015
- HBO GO now available on Amazon Fire TV
- Deluxe expands 4K UHD capabilities of Deluxe OnDemand™
- BT enters into exclusive negotiations to acquire EE
- Poland’s nc+ extends capacity agreement with Eutelsat
- Carr Communications selects Inca Networks transcoder for IPTV service