Digital TV News: TTP
Netflix on pay TV benefits operator business
Feb 12, 2016 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced findings from its survey of pay TV providers working with Netflix. The report from IHS found that integrating Netflix into traditional pay TV services has had a net positive impact on these operators’ performance.
News categories: IHS Technology, Ted Hall, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Cinemax debuts on Sling TV
Feb 11, 2016 – Sling TV has added Cinemax to its programming lineup for $10 per month, marking the first time Cinemax is available to consumers on a live standalone Internet TV service.
News categories: Sling TV, Cinemax, Roger Lynch, OTT, USA
'hayu' SVOD service to launch in UK, Ireland and Australia
Feb 11, 2016 – NBCUniversal International has announced the launch of hayu - a subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) reality service. The first all-reality service of its kind - curated and fully integrated with social media - will launch in March in the UK, Ireland & Australia on a full array of devices.
News categories: NBCUniversal, hayu, Kevin MacLellan, Australia, Ireland, Multiscreen, OTT, UK
Sky Q goes on sale in the UK and Ireland
Feb 9, 2016 – Sky has announced that Sky Q, its next generation home entertainment system, is available to buy. The first Sky Q customers will be installed at the end of the month.
News categories: Sky, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
EUTELSAT 65 West A to launch on 9 March
Feb 8, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its EUTELSAT 65 West A satellite arrived in Kourou on 6 February and is on track for launch on 9 March by an Ariane rocket. Lift-off of the 6.5 tonne satellite is scheduled on 9 March.
News categories: Eutelsat, Brazil, Infrastructure, Satellite
SES-9 launch expected on February 24, 2016
Feb 8, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it is targeting a 24 February 2016 launch date for its SES-9 satellite. SES-9 will be positioned at 108.2°E to provide capacity for a video neighbourhood over Asia.
News categories: SES S.A, Asia, Indonesia, Infrastructure, Philippines, Satellite
Huawei, Expway partner for video quality standardisation
Feb 5, 2016 – Huawei is partnering with Expway to form a joint working group to promote standardisation of end user video experience, with a specific focus on improving the quality of mobile video.
News categories: Expway, Huawei, Bruno Westeel, Kunlong Li, Digital TV, Mobile, Test, Worldwide
Video to drive 8x growth in mobile data over the next five years
Feb 3, 2016 – According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI), mobile video will have the highest growth rate of any mobile application. Consumer and business users’ demand for higher video resolution, more bandwidth, and processing speed will increase the use of 4G connected devices.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Doug Webster, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Dialog Semi offers power management ICs for STBs and Smart TVs
Feb 3, 2016 – Dialog Semiconductor (FWB:DLG) has announced that the company is entering the smart TV and set-top box (STB) market with a family of highly integrated power management ICs (PMICs).
News categories: Dialog Semi, Jalal Bagherli, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Netflix on pay TV benefits operator business
- TiVo to provide software and services to Buckeye CableSystem
- Cinemax debuts on Sling TV
- Grundig counts on NetRange’s TV Portal
- 'hayu' SVOD service to launch in UK, Ireland and Australia
- 800,000 subscribers for HBO Now
- Broadcom unveils cable STB Full Band Capture receivers
- Millicom Cable RGUs up 5.9% in 2015
- América Móvil adds 158,000 Pay TV units in 2015
- Telekom Austria A1 TV subscribers up 7% in 2015
- Strong growth ahead for OTT services in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico
- Sky Q goes on sale in the UK and Ireland
- Com Hem adds 4,000 digital TV subscribers in 4Q 2015
- Recommendation-driven guides to drive 75% of TV viewing
- EUTELSAT 65 West A to launch on 9 March
- Russia's NTV-Plus to move completely to MPEG-4
- SES-9 launch expected on February 24, 2016
- HIGH TV 4K launches in India on digital TV platforms
- Mexico adds 437,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2015
- 81% of US households have a DVR, Netflix, or use VOD