Digital TV News: TTP
ARHT unveils glasses-free holographic 3D TV
Mar 5, 2015 – ARHT Media (TSX VENTURE:ART)(OTCQB:ARHTF) has unveiled their new line of digital display products branded ARHT TV. This new line of digital display product is the Company's next step in the evolution of their patent-pending multi-plane projection displays.
News categories: ARHT Media, Paul Duffy, 3D, Digital TV, Worldwide
Swiss cable TV subscribers down 1.8% in 2014
Mar 5, 2015 – According to figures from Swisscable, the sectoral association for cable TV companies in Switzerland, the number of cable TV subscribers in the country at the end of December 2014 was 2.6428 million, down 1.8%, versus the end of December 2013.
News categories: Swisscable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers, Switzerland
Nearly 50% of US homes to own a 4K TV by 2020
Mar 4, 2015 – The USA will emerge as the leading market for 4K or Ultra HD TVs in terms of household penetration by 2020 followed by the leading Western European markets, Australia, South Korea and China, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
NVIDIA launches its first living-room entertainment device
Mar 4, 2015 – NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) has introduced NVIDIA® SHIELD™, the world's first Android™ TV console, which delivers video, music, apps and games to the home. SHIELD can play 4K video content and includes access to Google Voice Search and Android's app ecosystem.
News categories: NVIDIA, Jen-Hsun Huang, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Vuclip and Verimatrix partner to bring mobile VOD to emerging markets
Mar 3, 2015 – Vuclip has announced a partnership with Verimatrix to power a new tier of secure premium video on demand (VOD) services tailored to the characteristics of emerging markets. For consumers in emerging markets, mobile is the primary screen.
News categories: Verimatrix, Vuclip, Steve Oetegenn, Arun Prakash, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Connected TVs surpass connected Blu-ray Disc players in the U.S.
Mar 2, 2015 – According to The NPD Group, ownership of Internet connected TVs is now more common than Internet connected Blu-ray Disc players, of which U.S. consumers own 20 million. Video game consoles and streaming media players, however, are still the most used TV app platforms.
News categories: Connected Intelligence, NPD Group, John Buffone, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Pembroke Advanced Communications upgrades IPTV with Inca Networks
Mar 2, 2015 – Inca Networks has announced that triple-play provider, Pembroke Advanced Communications (PAC), has implemented Inca's Intelligent Video Delivery platform to upgrade their digital MPEG-4 HD/SD TV service.
News categories: Inca Networks, Pembroke Advanced Communications, Jeff Campbell, John Hoskins, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, USA
Nippon TV and Newtec carry out world's first DVB-S2X 256APSK transmission
Mar 2, 2015 – The world’s first DVB-S2X 256APSK satellite transmission has been successfully completed by Japan-based Nippon TV with Newtec technology. The trial saw Nippon TV transmit 5MHz bandwidth with a 256APSK carrier from an SNG truck to the Superbird-B2 satellite.
News categories: Newtec, Nippon TV, Dirk Breynaert, Tetsuo Makino, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Infrastructure, Japan, Satellite
DOCSIS channel shipments rose to record levels in 2014
Feb 27, 2015 – Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) has reported that DOCSIS channel shipments rose to record levels in 2014 - up 114 percent to 4.8 million worldwide - as cable operators continue to improve their networks to offer services to customers at ever-higher speeds.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
- Top US pay TV operators added 101,000 subscribers in 4Q14
- ARHT unveils glasses-free holographic 3D TV
- LAOLA1.tv selects Octoshape for premium OTT video delivery
- South Africa to provide free STBs to 5 million poor households
- Swiss cable TV subscribers down 1.8% in 2014
- OTT has huge potential in Asia, but piracy still a hindrance
- Kenya's Safaricom applies for digital broadcasting licence
- Mobilink Mobile TV launches with SPB TV in Pakistan
- Time Warner Cable TWC TV app comes to Xbox One
- snakebyte STB to feature Nexway games app store
- Nearly 50% of US homes to own a 4K TV by 2020
- NVIDIA launches its first living-room entertainment device
- Telefónica to offer OTT TV on Windows Phone-based devices
- U.S. pay-TV providers lost 125,000 subscribers in 2014
- Greece's Nova chooses Harmonic headend for DTH
- Vuclip and Verimatrix partner to bring mobile VOD to emerging markets
- Zenterio and RiksTV launch support for companion devices in Norway
- Telstra cements re-seller agreement with Presto
- Vodafone New Zealand partners with Netflix
- Quickplay demonstrates LTE Broadcast with Qualcomm at MWC15