Digital TV News: TTP
TV advertising regains its mojo
Aug 20, 2014 – Global TV advertising expenditure will reach $236 billion in 2020, up by 38% - or $64 billion - from 2013 and up by 54% ($82 billion) on 2010, according to a report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Simon Murray, Advertising, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Worldwide
NEOTION enlarges CAM portfolio with Verimatrix security
Aug 19, 2014 – NEOTION has announced that it will introduce a new CAM portfolio with Verimatrix at IBC. NEOTION's CAMs have been certified as compatible with the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB cardless pay-TV.
News categories: NEOTION, Verimatrix, Stéphanie Bizouerne, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Conditional access market set to decline
Aug 19, 2014 – The global market for conditional access (CA) technology used in set-top boxes (STBs) is set to contract as pay-TV services reach saturation, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS). Worldwide market revenue for pay-TV STB CA technology will decline to $1.9 billion in 2018.
News categories: IHS Technology, Wajahat Abbassi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
TCL announces Roku TV line-up for the U.S.
Aug 19, 2014 – TCL and Roku have announced availability of the TCL Roku TV line-up. TCL will offer four TCL Roku TV models: 32" 32FS4610R ($229), 40" 40FS4610R ($329), 48" 48FS4610R ($499), and 55" 55FS4610R ($649).
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chris Larson, Jim Funk, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
LG launches first OLED TV with webOS
Aug 11, 2014 – LG Electronics has announced the official U.S. launch of its latest OLED TV. The 55-inch class LG Curved OLED TV (Model 55EC9300) is the first OLED TV to feature the LG Smart TV+ webOS connected TV platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Luke Mothschenbacher, Dave Vanderwaal, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
BSkyB launches weekly PAYG sports option for NOW TV
Aug 11, 2014 – BSkyB's NOW TV has announced the launch of a weekly pass for sports fans looking to watch Sky Sports. Available initially for £10.99, the Sky Sports Week Pass will offer all 7 Sky Sports channels for 7 days.
News categories: BSkyB, NOW TV, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Xbox One Digital TV Tuner launched
Aug 7, 2014 – Microsoft has announced that Xbox One users in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain will be able to experience live TV features on Xbox One with the new Xbox One Digital TV Tuner.
News categories: Xbox, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-T2, France, Games Console, Germany, Italy, Spain, Terrestrial, UK
Squid Systems HEVC codec IP available for licensing
Aug 5, 2014 – Squid Systems has announced its programmable SQ400 hardware IP for video coding/decoding applications. The scalable SQ400 provides a coherent approach to IC design for multiple video standards and resolutions.
News categories: Squid Systems, Dr. Renga Sundararajan, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Apple TV sales slowing in crowded OTT field
Aug 5, 2014 – Apple TV sales growth has slowed significantly this year, down to a 12 percent annual growth rate at an estimated 1.9 million units sold in Q2 2014 according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Eric Smith, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- ARRIS gains, Cisco loses in set-top box market
- TV advertising regains its mojo
- NEOTION enlarges CAM portfolio with Verimatrix security
- Conditional access market set to decline
- NTT adds 4K Range Extensions support to H.265/HEVC codec SDK
- TCL announces Roku TV line-up for the U.S.
- Hisense Roku TV H4 series to hit U.S. stores soon
- Over 820 Ultra HD satellite channels worldwide by 2025
- SES wins exploitation rights for two Brazilian orbital positions
- CSTV selects Octoshape to power OTT service for Samsung devices
- SES to deliver DTH services across French-speaking West Africa
- Cable broadband subscribers surpass cable TV subscribers in U.S.
- Mobiles with 4K screens to reach 478m units by 2019
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lose 300k subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers stable at 4.82 million
- MaxLinear introduces ISDB-T USB dongle reference design
- Venezuela adds 170,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Green Hills deploys APMAX IPTV middleware
- Irdeto reveals FIFA World Cup 2014 pirate streaming figures
- Ittiam makes available H.265/HEVC codec with 422 12-bit support