Digital TV News: TTP
Quantenna and SoftAtHome partner for wireless home networks
Oct 20, 2014 – Quantenna and SoftAtHome have partnered to deliver next generation of wireless home networks. SoftAtHome is offering its SOP7 software platform, powered by the QSR1000 4x4 802.11ac Wi-Fi chipset from Quantenna.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Quantenna, Michel Degland, Sam Heidari, BBWF, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless, Worldwide
Subisu Cablenet launches digital TV in Nepal
Oct 17, 2014 – Cable television provider, Subisu Cablenet, has announced Nepal's first digital TV service. The service, called CLEAR TV, will be available from 1st Nov, 2014.
News categories: Subisu, Cable TV, Digital TV, Nepal
Eastlink launches Wireless TV in Canada
Oct 16, 2014 – Canadian cable TV company, Eastlink, has announced the national launch of its Wireless TV giving its Maestro customers the ability to enjoy an unmatched TV experience on an unprecedented six TVs anywhere in the home.
News categories: Eastlink, Lee Bragg, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Gateway, Wireless
Google announces Nexus Player Android TV box
Oct 15, 2014 – In an update to its Android portfolio, Google has announced its Nexus Player, the first device running Android TV. Nexus Player, a collaboration with Asus, is a streaming media player for movies, music and videos.
News categories: Google, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Thailand adds 2.8 million households to DTV voucher scheme
Oct 15, 2014 – Thailand's National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission has approved a plan to add 2.8 million households to those eligible for its digital TV vouchers.
News categories: National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission, Takorn Tantasith, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Thailand
CPE revenue to expand by $1.8 billion this year
Oct 15, 2014 – The global market for broadband consumer premises equipment (CPE) will end 2014 with the highest growth in revenues since 2010, increasing by 20 percent from 2013 to reach nearly $11 billion, according IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Technology, John Kendall, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Market Research, Worldwide
Set-top box market hits $4.8 billion in 2Q14
Oct 14, 2014 – According to Infonetics Research, while quarterly set-top box unit shipments are up, on a year-over-year basis shipments are down. And though nearly all STB product categories saw volume increases in 2Q14, satellite shipments continue a downward trend.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Worldwide
46 million 4K Ultra HD pay TV households by 2018
Oct 14, 2014 – Research from Parks Associates has found that more than 46 million households worldwide will subscribe to a 4K UHD pay-TV service by 2018. Pay-TV providers will deploy the service as a differentiator.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
33 Billion Internet Devices by 2020
Oct 14, 2014 – Nearly 12 billion internet-connected devices will be in use worldwide by the end of 2014, according to Strategy Analytics. That is equivalent to 1.7 devices for every person on the planet, a ratio which will rise to 4.3 by 2020.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Mercer, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, Smart TV, Worldwide
- UK's Freesat adds 8,000 TV homes in 3Q 2014
- Quantenna and SoftAtHome partner for wireless home networks
- DIRECTV subscribers up 36% in Uruguay at end-1H 2014
- DTG Testing Freesat SI/PSI test suite release now available for download
- Turkcell TV+ set-top box launches in Turkey
- Subisu Cablenet launches digital TV in Nepal
- DIRECTV Latin America launches DLA-1 satellite
- KAON joins Frog by Wyplay
- Eastlink launches Wireless TV in Canada
- CBS offers its programmes direct to consumers
- BSkyB adds 46,000 TV customers in 3Q 2014
- Netflix adds 3 million members in 3Q 2014
- Konka chooses DivX HEVC for 4K TVs
- Google announces Nexus Player Android TV box
- Thailand adds 2.8 million households to DTV voucher scheme
- HBO to offer a stand-alone HBO streaming service in 2015
- Sling Media and ViXS team on Network Transcoder for MSOs and MVPDs
- CPE revenue to expand by $1.8 billion this year
- Marketing begins for Tablet TV launch in the U.S.
- Walmart makes customers' DVDs available on VUDU