Baltics Digital TV News
Telia Company releases January-September 2021 results
Oct 21, 2021 – Telia Company has releases its Interim Report for January-September 2021. Across the Group, TV subscriptions were 3.324 million at period end, up 13,000 in the quarter and 222,000 year-on-year.
News categories: Telia Company, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden
HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
Oct 15, 2021 – From October 26, Telia's TV customers in the Nordics will be able to enjoy HBO Max, with HBO Nordic accounts able to be replaced with HBO Max. Telia and HBO have worked together for nearly a decade.
News categories: Telia, HBO Max, Catrin von Walden, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
HBO Max expands European rollout plans
Oct 5, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will launch in 27 territories during the initial phase of its European rollout, going live in seven new countries in 2022 in addition to the 20 territories already confirmed.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Christina Sulebakk, Digital TV, Estonia, Greece, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Streaming, Turkey
Elisa launches Android TV service with NAGRA, Technicolor, Tech4home and 3SS
Aug 17, 2021 – NAGRA, Technicolor, t4h and 3SS have announced that Elisa has gone live with its Elisa Elamus service. The multiscreen offering, based on Android TV Operator Tier, is available via DVB-C, DVB-T, IPTV and on OTT platforms.
News categories: 3SS, NAGRA, Technicolor, t4h, Elisa, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thierry Legrand, Mounir Toutah, Graça Candido, Andrus Hiiepuu, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Estonia, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
Viaplay launches in the Baltics
Mar 9, 2021 – Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) has announced the launch of its Viaplay streaming service in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Up until now Viaplay has only been available in the Nordic countries.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Streaming
Telia pay TV down 9k, SVOD up 142k subscribers in 4Q 2020
Jan 29, 2021 – Telia Company has released its year-end report for the period January-December 2020. Pay TV subscriptions were down 9,000 in the final quarter (up 28,000 for the year). At the same time TV and Media added 142,000 SVOD subscriptions.
News categories: Telia, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden
Anevia accelerates transition of TV3 video delivery to OTT
Dec 22, 2020 – TV3 Group has commissioned Anevia to extend its GO3 OTT service. Go3 uses Anevia technology for video delivery over mobile networks, including an elastic CDN serving multiple countries from a centralised management system.
News categories: Anevia, TV3 Group, Igor Stankovic, Ausra Sidaraviciene, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Streaming
Viaplay to be rolled out in 10 countries by the end of 2023
Nov 10, 2020 – NENT Group's Viaplay streaming service will be rolled out in 10 countries by the end of 2023, including Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and the US in 2021. By the end of 2025, NENT Group aims to increase its subscriber base to around 10.5 million.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Streaming, USA
Baltcom adds CryptoGuard security for cable TV digitisation
Jun 15, 2020 – CryptoGuard has announced that Baltcom has deployed CryptoGuard CAS to secure its digital cable TV services. Baltcom is Latvia's second largest TV and internet service provider with fiber optic coverage across the country.
News categories: CryptoGuard, Baltcom, Krzysztof Wieczorek, Kjell Carlswärd, Dmitrijs Nikitins, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Latvia
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029