TV Services (Pay TV, OTT, Broadcasting) News
ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
Aug 2, 2022 – Atlanta DTH has announced the launch of its AIRialTV Solo ATSC 3.0 TV tuner. The AIRialTV Solo incorporates a coaxial antenna interface with output via a standard USB connector which also sources power for the tuner.
News categories: Atlanta DTH, Michael Day, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, USA
ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
Aug 1, 2022 – ENENSYS and Ateme have announced that WCRN TV 31 Boston has launched the region’s first ATSC 3.0/NEXTGEN TV platform with their ATSC 3.0-in-a-box software-based solution.
News categories: ENENSYS, Ateme, WCRN, Dave Brass, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
Aug 1, 2022 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) has entered into agreements with Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) to collaborate on NextGen Broadcast business models and technology in Korea and the U.S.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Korean Broadcasting System, Munhwa Broadcasting, Chris Ripley, Del Parks, Eui-Chul Kim, Sung-Jae Park, Kevin Gage, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Streaming, USA
Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
Jul 28, 2022 – Auton and Anywave Communications are hosting a market trial of an ATSC 3.0-based Broadcast Internet franchise in Bend, Oregon. The test lab will be integrating new vendors and service providers during the remainder of 2022.
News categories: Auton, Anywave, Bob Foster, Vern Fotheringham, David Neff, ATSC 3, Broadband, USA
OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
Jul 29, 2022 – One America News Network (OAN) has announced that it is now available in the U.S. through a partnership with NetRange. A phased rollout will further expand its reach to more than 50 million NetRange equipped devices globally by year end.
News categories: One America News, NetRange, Alex Kopacz, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
Jul 29, 2022 – Liberty Global and Telefónica, together with InfraVia Capital, have agreed to set up a JV that will roll out FTTH across the UK. The partnership will initially roll out fibre to homes not currently served by Virgin Media O2.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital, Mike Fries, José María Alvarez-Pallete, Vincent Levita, Content Distribution, Fibre, UK, Venture Capital
Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
Jul 28, 2022 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2022. In the quarter, cable video customer net losses were 521,000 and at Sky, total customer relationships decreased by 255,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools
Jul 28, 2022 – Freeview Play viewers can now enjoy an upgraded viewing experience, after the latest update to its Explore Freeview Play TV app. The update brings new recommendation genres, and a new dedicated Box Sets area.
News categories: Freeview, Owen Jenkinson, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, UX
DTH subscribers down 1.6 million in India in 1Q 2022
Jul 26, 2022 – According to TRAI, the total Pay DTH active subscriber base in India decreased from 68.52 million in December 2021 to 66.92 million in March 2022. There are 12 MSOs & 1 HITS operator with a subscriber base of over one million.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK