Caribbean Digital TV News
Frequency planning process finalized for DTT transition in Central America and the Caribbean
Sep 19, 2018 – The ITU, in close collaboration with COMTELCA, CTU and CITEL, has finalized the cycle of regional frequency coordination meetings on the use of the VHF band (174-216 MHz) and the UHF band (470-806 MHz) in the Central America and Caribbean region.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, François Rancy, Caribbean, Central America, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial
Liberty Global rolls out 10 millionth Connect Box
Jul 3, 2018 – Liberty Global’s Connect Box, a modem and WiFi gateway, is now in more than 10 million homes across Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. The router has now been rolled out to more than half of Liberty Global’s broadband customers in Europe.
News categories: Liberty Global, Doron Hacmon, Cable TV, Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, Router, Smart Home
UNBROSSA to launch DTH for the Caribbean on EUTELSAT 117 West B
Apr 9, 2018 – UNBROSSA (Unique Broadcasting Service) has signed a multiyear, multi-transponder agreement with Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) for capacity on EUTELSAT 117 West B to launch a DTH platform for the Caribbean, called 'Play'.
News categories: Eutelsat, UNBROSSA, Mike Antonovich, Didier Alerte, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite
Kiwisat's Caribbean DTH to transmit on SES-10
Apr 5, 2018 – Satellite TV provider Kiwisat is launching a DTH TV offering in the Caribbean using SES’s satellite SES-10. The service is mainly aimed at English-speaking islands, but also includes three French-speaking channels for French subscribers.
News categories: SES S.A, Kiwisat, Jurandir Pitsch, Andrew Wang, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Inside Secure protecting pay TV at Kiwisat in the Caribbean
Mar 26, 2018 – Inside Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced that Kiwisat, a provider of satellite HDTV content in the Caribbean, is going into production using Inside Secure to protect Kiwisat content from video pirates.
News categories: Inside Secure, Kiwisat, Simon Blake-Wilson, Andrew Wang, Caribbean, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Digicel PlayGo partners with Matrixstream for OTT Winter Olympics streaming
Feb 9, 2018 – Matrixstream is partnering with Digicel PlayGo to stream live Winter Olympic sporting events OTT in the Caribbean. The IPTV platform allows users to access 8 live Olympic feeds, including 24 hour Winter Olympic news, on any mobile device.
News categories: Matrixstream, Digicel PlayGo, Aaron Keogh, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Liberty Latin America completes split-off from Liberty Global
Jan 2, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA) (NASDAQ:LILAK) (OTC Link:LILAB) has announced the completion of its previously announced split-off from Liberty Global and its launch as an independent, publicly-traded company.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Liberty Global, Balan Nair, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Digital TV, Latin America, MnA, Puerto Rico, Seychelles
Liberty Global selects SeaChange multiscreen video solution
Dec 6, 2017 – SeaChange (NASDAQ:SEAC) has announced that its Adrenalin multiscreen video solution has been selected as a key element of Liberty Global’s next-generation video platform supporting its Horizon 4 services.
News categories: SeaChange, Liberty Global, Ed Terino, Olivier Philippe, Cable TV, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Mobile
Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
Oct 16, 2017 – Metrological and ActiveVideo have announced a joint solution that enables pay-TV operators to deploy OTT content experiences on existing set-top boxes. Two operators in the Caribbean and Latin America region plan to launch the integrated solution in 2018.
News categories: Metrological, ActiveVideo, Jeroen Ghijsen, Jeff Miller, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, OTT, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019