Finance (M&A, results, venture capital, private equity, …) News
Liberty Global reports Q1 2023 results
May 9, 2023 – Liberty Global has announced financial results for the first quarter of 2023. The company finished the period with 3,383,500 Video Subscribers, down 36,900 in the quarter.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
VIZIO reports Q1 2023 financial results
May 9, 2023 – VIZIO Holding (NYSE: VZIO) has announced results for the three months ended March 31, 2023. The company reported that there are now 17.5 million SmartCast Active Accounts. SmartCast ARPU was $29.20, up 23% YoY.
News categories: VIZIO, William Wang, Advertising, Digital TV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Liberty Latin America organic Video RGUs up 1,900 in 1Q 2023
May 8, 2023 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced results for the period ended March 31, 2023. LLA's Video RGBs increased organically by 1,900 in the quarter to finish at 952,500.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
Bharti Airtel Lanka to combine operations with Dialog Axiata
May 2, 2023 – Dialog Axiata, Axiata Group and Bharti Airtel have entered into a binding term sheet to combine operations of Bharti Airtel Lanka (Private) Limited, Airtel's wholly-owned subsidiary with Dialog.
News categories: Dialog Axiata, Axiata Group, Bharti Airtel, MandA, Sri Lanka
Xperi signs second top-10 Smart TV OEM for TiVo OS
May 9, 2023 – Xperi (NYSE: XPER) has announced results for the period ended March 31, 2023. In the quarter Xperi signed an agreement with a second top-10 Smart TV OEM to integrate the TiVo Operating System (TiVo OS) into their TV lineup.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Big Data, Digital TV, In-Car, IPTV, Results, Smart TV, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
OTE Group TV subscribers up 5,844 in 1Q 2023
May 5, 2023 – OTE Group (ASE: HTO; OTC MARKET: HLTOY) has announced results for first quarter of 2023. OTE's TV subscriber base reached 649k at the end of the period, an increase of 1.9% compared to the same quarter of 2022.
News categories: OTE Group, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Deutsche Telekom TV subscribers up 50,000 in Germany in 1Q 2023
May 11, 2023 – Deutsche Telekom has published results for Q1 2023. In Germany MagentaTV recorded 50,000 net customer additions in the quarter with the rest of Europe adding a further 29,000.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Swisscom TV connections down 13,000 in 1Q 2023
May 4, 2023 – Swisscom has released results for the first quarter of 2023. The number of Swisscom fixed broadband connections decreased by 0.6% Y-o-Y to 2.02 million and TV by 1.8% to 1.56 million connections.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Switzerland
DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 552,000 in 1Q 2023
May 8, 2023 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending March 31, 2023. Net pay-TV subscribers decreased 552,000 in the quarter, compared to a decrease of 462,000 in the year-ago quarter.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027