Streaming (Over-the-top, OTT, P2P, PC-TV, Internet TV, online video, IP Video) News
MPA releases India online video report 2022-23
May 17, 2023 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has released a report, based on data from its AMPD platform, that provides insights on the growing online video industry in India over the calendar year 2022 and Q1 2023.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Mihir Shah, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
iSpot measures YouTube and YouTube TV against broader TV marketplace
May 16, 2023 – iSpot has completed a critical phase of its integration with Google for determining the incremental reach of ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV when compared to traditional linear and connected TV.
News categories: iSpot, Sean Muller, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ORS deploys video delivery solution fully managed by Broadpeak
May 17, 2023 – Broadpeak has announced that ORS has deployed a video delivery solution fully managed by Broadpeak, providing live, VOD, and catch-up TV services with high reliability and quality of experience.
News categories: Broadpeak, ORS, Jacques Le Mancq, Norbert Grill, ANGA COM, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
U.S. Q1 pay-TV subscriber losses higher than in any previous quarter
May 16, 2023 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 2,215,000 net video subscribers in 1Q 2023, compared to a net loss of about 1,850,000 in 1Q 2022.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
A1 Croatia chooses Appear for live channel encoding and distribution
May 16, 2023 – A1 Croatia has chosen Appear to upgrade its live OTT channel encoding and distribution workflow, migrating its existing ABR infrastructure to Appear's NEO Series server-based transcoding platform.
News categories: Appear, A1 Croatia, Thomas Bostrøm Jørgensen, Vedran Krhač, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, Streaming
OTTplay Premium brings 19 OTTs to Jio set-top box users
May 8, 2023 – OTTplay Premium has announced a partnership with Jio Fiber that will enable Jio set-top box users to access 19 OTTs, including Sony Liv, Zee5, Lionsgate and FanCode, through the OTTplay app.
News categories: OTTplay, Jio, Avinash Mudaliar, Apps, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box, Streaming
Paramount+ now available on Virgin TV in the UK
May 12, 2023 – Virgin Media customers with Virgin TV 360 or Stream can now access Paramount+ directly via their set-top box for £6.99 per month or £69.90 per year.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Wurl launches ML-powered advertising platform
May 15, 2023 – Wurl has introduced ContentDiscovery, a machine learning-powered advertising platform for streamers and content publishers to acquire viewers and scale profitably across channels.
News categories: Wurl, Ron Gutman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, USA
PikoTV partners with MwareTV for complete live TV streaming solution
May 15, 2023 – MwareTV has formed a partnership with PikoTV to offer a complete, cloud-hosted service to deliver and manage a rich live TV channel offering available across multiple end user devices.
News categories: MwareTV, PikoTV, Sander Kerstens, Ali Kizil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin