Satellite Television (DBS, DTH, DSat, DVB-S, DVB-S2) News
SKY Brasil deploys Technicolor Android TV STBs with Google Assistant far-field voice
Jul 15, 2021 – Technicolor and SKY Brasil have announced the deployment of SKY Connect, a set-top box (STB) that integrates Google Assistant far-field voice technology for entertainment content navigation on the TV.
News categories: Technicolor, SKY Brasil, Brian Jentz, Andre Ribeiro, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Vietnam's AVG selects transcoders from ATEME
Jul 13, 2021 – ATEME has announced that AVG has chosen its TITAN transcoders to create a converged headend and deliver high-quality video services. AVG is the only private company with a TV broadcasting license in Vietnam.
News categories: ATEME, AVG, Nguyen Duc Long, Dr. Nguyen Cong Du, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Yes DTH extends service agreement with Spacecom
Jul 13, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has signed a two-year extension deal with D.B.S. Satellite Services, operator of Yes DTH in Israel, to continue the DTH's operations from AMOS-7 and AMOS-3 at 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, D.B.S. Satellite Services, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite
Magyar Telekom extends AMOS-3 DTH agreement with Spacecom
Jul 7, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that T-Home DTH has signed an extension contract with Spacecom. T-Home DTH broadcasts over 160 channels to Hungary, including over 30 in HD, via the AMOS fleet at the 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, Magyar Telekom, Oren Tepper, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite
3,092,719 subscribers for SKY PerfecTV! at end-June 2021
Jul 2, 2021 – SKY Perfect JSAT Holdings has announced the number of subscribers to the SKY PerfecTV! multichannel pay TV broadcast service and optical fiber based re-transmission service as of the end of June 2021.
News categories: SKY PerfecTV!, Eiichi Yonekura, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite, Subscribers
MediaMath adds Airtel Ads to its demand-side platform
Jul 1, 2021 – Demand-side platform, MediaMath, has announced a collaboration with Airtel. Airtel recently launched Airtel Ads to enable brands to run campaigns to its over 340 million customers in India.
News categories: MediaMath, Airtel, Giovanni Tricarico, Vignesh Narayanan, Amardeep Singh, Advertising, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Satellite
Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
Jun 24, 2021 – Thanks to a partnership between Astro and Netflix, Astro customers will soon be able to enjoy direct access to Netflix on their connected Ultra Boxes, and on connected Ulti Boxes in the coming months.
News categories: Astro, Netflix, Henry Tan, Tony Zameczkowski, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
Jun 23, 2021 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Telefonica Spain has deployed its VOS 360 streaming platform for disaster recovery, replicating Telefonica's entire Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud.
News categories: Harmonic, Telefónica, Eugenio Lojo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Spain
Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
Jun 22, 2021 – According to ANACOM, in 1st quarter 2021 there were 4.3 million subscribers to pay TV in Portugal, 153,000 more (+3.7%) than in the same quarter of 2020, driven mainly by growth in FTTH subscribers.
News categories: ANACOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
- DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
- High-speed fibre overtakes DSL in OECD countries
- Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico