Spain Digital TV News
ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
May 28, 2020 – ATRESMEDIA and smartclip have expanded their strategic agreement to ATRESMEDIA’s Addressable TV portfolio. The biggest priority will be given to roll out full addressability of the traditional broadcast TV ad break.
News categories: smartclip, ATRESMEDIA, Thomas Servatius, Arturo Larrainzar, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Spain
Alchimie to distribute over thirty VOD channels on Samsung TV Plus
Apr 22, 2020 – Alchimie has become an accredited Samsung partner to distribute over thirty VOD channels on Samsung’s TV Plus platform across France, UK, Spain and Italy. Alchimie’s 40,000 hour library of factual content regularly refreshes and fuels the channels.
News categories: Alchimie, Samsung, Nicolas d'Hueppe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Italy, OTT, Smart TV, Spain, UK
Disney+ rolls out in Europe
Mar 24, 2020 – Disney+ has launched in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. The service will launch in France on April 7th. Audiences can stream Disney+ on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices.
News categories: Disney+, Kevin Mayer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, Tablet, UK
Movistar to be launch partner for Disney+ in Spain
Mar 8, 2020 – The Walt Disney Company Iberia and Telefónica have announced that Movistar will be the strategic distributor for Disney+ launch in Spain. Adding Disney's new streaming service builds upon a long-standing relationship between the companies.
News categories: Telefónica, Disney, Emilio Gayo, Jan Koeppen, Digital TV, OTT, Spain
Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
Feb 12, 2020 – Movistar has launched a Voice Remote Control that allows customers to change channels, perform searches, request recommendations or carry out actions on Movistar+ content in a natural and simple way thanks to Aura, Telefónica’s virtual assistant.
News categories: Movistar, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain, UX
Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
Feb 11, 2020 – Irdeto has partnered with Mediaset España to securely deliver content through its OTT service, Mitele Plus. Mediaset España has been able to simplify operations by supporting multiple DRMs and sharing head-end infrastructure.
News categories: Irdeto, Mitele, Shane McCarthy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Spain
Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
Jan 16, 2020 – Amagi has announced that Insight TV has transitioned its three newly launched OTT channels – Insight TV Lifestyle, InWonder, and InTrouble to the Amagi cloud platform. The channels are available in the US, UK, Spain and Indonesia.
News categories: Amagi, Insight TV, Srini, Rian Bester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Spain, UK, USA
Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
Dec 11, 2019 – Telefónica has selected the Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) orbital position of 13°E to broadcast RTVE FTA content consisting of two HD channels: TVE Internacional Europa and 24 Horas, as well as six RNE radio stations. 13°E covers Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Telefónica, RTVE, Philippe Oliva, Francisco Panduro, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Spain
Plataforma Multimedia de Operadores selects Verimatrix security
Nov 21, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that Plataforma Multimedia de Operadores has selected Verimatrix to provide multi-DRM security for its OTT service. The service is delivered via Android set-top boxes, smartphones, tablets, laptops and smart TVs.
News categories: Verimatrix, Plataforma Multimedia de Operadores, Steve Oetegenn, Jose Carrillo, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Spain
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service