Digital TV News: Oi
Velocix picked by Oi to scale-out OTT video streaming platform
Oct 18, 2022 – Velocix has announced that Oi has selected Velocix’s content delivery network (CDN) software to transform its streaming platform architecture and expand its Oi Play OTT service.
News categories: Velocix, Oi Play, Jim Brickmeier, Alexandro Herrmann Bauer, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Oi to transfer DTH subscribers and IPTV infrastructure to SKY Brasil
Apr 28, 2022 – Oi S.A. has executed a term sheet with SKY Serviços de Banda Larga (SKY) to transfer its DTH postpaid customer base and the use of its IPTV infrastructure and associated services to SKY, under a revenue sharing agreement.
News categories: Oi S.A., SKY Serviços, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite
MediaKind to power live events broadcasting on Oi's IPTV services
Sep 8, 2021 – MediaKind has announced that Brazilian telco Oi has deployed its video contribution solution to deliver live events across its IPTV services in high quality with low latency.
News categories: MediaKind, Oi, Luciano Oliveira, André Ituassú, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
HBO Max to be available in Latin America & the Caribbean from June 29th
May 26, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will be available in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean starting on June 29th. HBO Max will offer two subscription plans, starting from US$3 per month.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming
Oi investigates sale of its pay TV business
Aug 31, 2020 – Oi S.A. has informed its shareholders and the market in general, that it has initiated a market sounding process to prospect investors interested in acquiring its pay TV business.
News categories: Oi S.A, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite
Brazil pay TV subscribers down in 528k in 2Q 2019
Aug 2, 2019 – According to Anatel, Brazil's pay TV subscriber base ended June 2019 at 16.71 million, down 528 thousand subscribers in the quarter and down 1.23 million versus one year before.
News categories: Anatel, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Oi Brazil announces Android TV 'Streaming Box'
Jun 4, 2019 – Oi Brazil has announced the launch of a streaming set-top box based on Android TV. The box will be available in July. Built in partnership with Elsys, the device includes the operator's own online video platform, Oi Play, as well as other services.
News categories: Oi, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Oi Brazil chooses MediaKind's multiscreen entertainment solution
Apr 8, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that Oi Brazil has chosen MediaKind’s multiscreen entertainment solution. The implementation combines MediaKind’s Mediaroom TV Platform, Video Storage and Processing Platform, Live Encoding to Oi Play and associated Professional Services.
News categories: MediaKind, Oi Brazil, Clayton Cruz, Luciano Rebouças Oliveira, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, NABShow, Streaming, UX
Telechips Lion STB SoC CA-certified by Synamedia for 4K/UHD
Dec 20, 2018 – Telechips (KOSDAQ:054450) has announced that its Lion STB chipset has been certified by Synamedia for 4K conditional access. Lion is a next-generation UHD SoC that features low power consumption and enables the delivery of sophisticated UIs.
News categories: Telechips, Synamedia, BM Lee, Sue Couto, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023