Digital TV News: 24i
24i integrates with THEOplayer to enhance player support
Apr 12, 2023 – 24i and THEO Technologies have announced that THEOplayer has been integrated with the 24i Mod Studio platform, bringing premium video playback features to a wide range of devices.
News categories: 24i, THEO Technologies, Dr. Neale Foster, Steven Tielemans, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
24i provides complete D2C solution for FAST and linear channel owners
Apr 5, 2023 – 24i has announced 24i Broadcaster Studio, a new modular solution that has been added to its 24i Mod Studio portfolio. The new solution includes everything channel owners require to go D2C.
News categories: 24i, Dr. Neale Foster, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
Mar 30, 2023 – 24i has partnered with Amagi to offer FAST channel providers a rapid route to launching their own apps and expanding their services to offer AVOD and SVOD alongside their existing live and linear streams.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, SEGI.TV, Baskar Subramanian, Dr. Neale Foster, Edward Sylvan, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Aferian provides trading update
Mar 10, 2023 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has provided an update on current trading and its impact on the company's outlook. For Amino, device sales have been materially lower than anticipated.
News categories: Aferian, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
Jan 29, 2023 – 24i has announced that it has supported Signify with the creation of its Philips Hue Sync TV App. The app synchronizes the color of the lighting in a consumer's room with the content they are seeing on their Samsung TV.
News categories: 24i, Signify, Dr. Neale Foster, George Yianni, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
24i upgrades Smart TV experience for Israel's KAN
Dec 20, 2022 – 24i has announced that it enabled Israeli Public Broadcaster, KAN, to deploy an upgraded streaming experience on Smart TVs in time for the FIFA World Cup.
News categories: 24i, KAN, Dr. Neale Foster, Tamir Cohen, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Smart TV, Streaming
24i launches TV-as-a-Service offering with Swisscom Broadcast
Aug 31, 2022 – 24i has announced the launch of FokusOnTV, a TV-as-a-Service (TVaaS) streaming offering. FokusOnTV will be offered as a pre-integrated solution with Swisscom Broadcast’s premium headend infrastructure.
News categories: 24i, Swisscom Broadcast, Dr Neale Foster, Dominik Müller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2022, Streaming
AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
Jun 30, 2022 – Amino has announced that it has completed a project with Vodafone Iceland to upcycle its existing Samsung set-top boxes (STBs). Amino utilized its established upcycling methodology to migrate these boxes to AminoOS in the field.
News categories: Amino, Vodafone, Donald McGarva, Digital TV, Iceland, Middleware, Set Top Box
Telenor Sverige selects CommScope set -top powered by Android TV
Jun 2, 2022 – CommScope has partnered with Telenor Sverige to provide its customers with the VIP5702W set top powered by Android TV. The VIP5702W delivers 4K video and comes with dual-band Wi-Fi for flexible deployment in Telenor's networks.
News categories: CommScope, Telenor, 24i, Phil Cardy, Hanna Idstam, Joachim Bergman, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028