Digital TV News: 24i
24i and Amino to make TV-as-a-Service a reality for Thurcom
Sep 12, 2023 – 24i and Amino have announced that their end-to-end TVaaS solution has been selected by Technische Betriebe Wil (TBW) to power video services at its Thurcom subsidiary in Switzerland.
News categories: 24i, Technische Betriebe Wil, Amino, Donald McGarva, Stefan Huber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Switzerland
24i and Phenix power multi-screen video experience for Prep Super League
Sep 6, 2023 – 24i and Phenix have announced a combined offer enabling video rights holders to build interactive real-time streaming apps. Prep Super League is the first sports organization to embrace the solution.
News categories: 24i, Phenix, Prep Super League, Donald McGarva, Bill Wilson, Brian Woods, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, North America, Streaming, Worldwide
Virgin Media unveils FAST channels powered by Amagi and 24i
Aug 23, 2023 – Amagi, in collaboration with 24i, has announced that Virgin Media has used its integrated solution to launch and monetize a new line-up of themed FAST channels on Virgin TV.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, Virgin Media, Srinivasan KA, Donald McGarva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
24i integrates with THEOplayer to enhance player support
Apr 12, 2023 – 24i and THEO Technologies have announced that THEOplayer has been integrated with the 24i Mod Studio platform, bringing premium video playback features to a wide range of devices.
News categories: 24i, THEO Technologies, Dr. Neale Foster, Steven Tielemans, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
24i provides complete D2C solution for FAST and linear channel owners
Apr 5, 2023 – 24i has announced 24i Broadcaster Studio, a new modular solution that has been added to its 24i Mod Studio portfolio. The new solution includes everything channel owners require to go D2C.
News categories: 24i, Dr. Neale Foster, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
Mar 30, 2023 – 24i has partnered with Amagi to offer FAST channel providers a rapid route to launching their own apps and expanding their services to offer AVOD and SVOD alongside their existing live and linear streams.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, SEGI.TV, Baskar Subramanian, Dr. Neale Foster, Edward Sylvan, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Aferian provides trading update
Mar 10, 2023 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has provided an update on current trading and its impact on the company's outlook. For Amino, device sales have been materially lower than anticipated.
News categories: Aferian, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
Jan 29, 2023 – 24i has announced that it has supported Signify with the creation of its Philips Hue Sync TV App. The app synchronizes the color of the lighting in a consumer's room with the content they are seeing on their Samsung TV.
News categories: 24i, Signify, Dr. Neale Foster, George Yianni, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
24i upgrades Smart TV experience for Israel's KAN
Dec 20, 2022 – 24i has announced that it enabled Israeli Public Broadcaster, KAN, to deploy an upgraded streaming experience on Smart TVs in time for the FIFA World Cup.
News categories: 24i, KAN, Dr. Neale Foster, Tamir Cohen, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Smart TV, Streaming
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024