Digital TV News: AMD
VIDAA adds AVOD/FAST and TVOD/EST services with Vubiquity
Aug 2, 2023 – VIDAA USA has selected Vubiquity (NASDAQ:DOX) to provide AVOD, FAST and TVOD/EST content for VIDAA tv. Vubiquity will curate, program and schedule content, as well as originate FAST channels for VIDAA.
News categories: Amdocs, VIDAA, Vubiquity, Anthony Goonetilleke, Yaniv Gruenwald, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA
Beacon Broadband launches video streaming service with Broadpeak and Vubiquity
Jul 26, 2023 – Beacon Broadband is to launch a video service powered by Broadpeak's peakVU.TV streaming solution. The deployment will use Amdocs' Vubiquity platform for linear channel aggregation.
News categories: Broadpeak, Beacon Broadband, Vubiquity, Mario Rainville, Paul Recanzone, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
Jun 5, 2023 – Wyplay has announced the acquisition of iFeelSmart. Wyplay and iFeelSmart have participated in the same video ecosystem for many years and their service offerings are fully complementary.
News categories: Wyplay, iFeelSmart, Jacques Bourgninaud, Shy Shriqui, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Virgin Media renews EST and TVOD content deal with Amdocs
May 10, 2023 – Amdocs (NASDAQ:DOX) has announced that its Vubiquity platform has been selected to continue to provide Virgin Media's customers with EST and TVOD content across different devices.
News categories: Amdocs, Virgin Media, Anthony Goonetilleke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
AMD launches ASIC-based media accelerator card
Apr 6, 2023 – AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) has announced its AMD Alveo MA35D media accelerator featuring two ASIC-based video processing units and built to power live interactive streaming services at scale.
News categories: AMD, Dan Gibbons, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ICs, Streaming, Worldwide
Synamedia brings cloud, streaming and distribution technologies to NAB 2023
Apr 6, 2023 – Synamedia has announced its NAB Show line-up of technologies that enable the distribution and delivery of streaming content across the spectrum of sports, from local clubs to global events.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
2022, a record year for semiconductors that feels anything but
Mar 2, 2023 – The semiconductor market reached an all-time high in 2022, with revenues hitting $595.7bn, just above 2021's record of $592.8bn. However, the market has declined for four straight quarters making it feel anything but a record year.
News categories: Omdia, Lino Jeng, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Panasonic announces MZ2000 flagship OLED TV at CES
Jan 4, 2023 – Panasonic's MZ2000 features the latest iteration of its smart TV OS, my Home Screen 8.0, supporting all major video streaming services alongside improvements to the Bass Booster, accessibility, and myScenery features.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
CTA lowers revenue forecast for U.S. technology sector
Jan 3, 2023 – Research from the CTA projects U.S. technology retail revenues of $485 billion in 2023. This new data puts revenues slightly above pre-pandemic levels, following a three-year surge that peaked in 2021.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data