Digital TV News: AMD
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
Jan 19, 2022 – GLobal semiconductor revenue increased 25.1% in 2021 to total $583.5 billion, crossing the $500 billion threshold for the first time, according to Gartner. Samsung regained the top spot from Intel for the first time since 2018.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Synamedia offers 'zero compromise' 8K encoding using AMD EPYC processors
Sep 29, 2021 – Synamedia has announced that it has achieved 8K real-time encoding and streaming with ‘zero compromise’ on its VIVID Compression platform powered by AMD EPYC 7763 processors.
News categories: Synamedia, AMD, Elke Hungenaert, James Knight, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
Sep 13, 2021 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced a multi-year renewal agreement with izzi, a leading cable TV operator in Mexico. As part of this agreement, Vubiquity will continue to provide content licensing and processing for the izzitv service.
News categories: Vubiquity, izzi, Anthony Goonetilleke, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
Vubiquity to provide ocilion with content-as-a-service
Aug 4, 2021 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has been selected by ocilion to provide content for 50-plus telecommunication operators across Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg.
News categories: Amdocs, ocilion, Hans Kühberger, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Switzerland
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.8% in 2020
May 6, 2021 – Despite the impact of COVID-19 on the global economy, the semiconductor market performed strongly in 2020. Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew to $464 billion in 2020, an increase of 10.8% compared to 2019, according to ID).
News categories: IDC, Rudy Torrijos, Nina Turner, Mario Morales, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
CTA announces return to Las Vegas for CES 2022
Apr 29, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will return to Las Vegas next year. CTA will convene the tech industry in-person and digitally. CES heads back to Las Vegas Jan. 5-8, 2022.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Karen Chupka, CES2022, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Tangerine Global and MediaKind launch TV-as-a-Service offering
Mar 31, 2021 – Tangerine Global and MediaKind have announced the availability of CITRUS MediaFirst TVaaS (TV-as-a-Service). Vubiquity will provide the content of over 300 channels integrated into CITRUS MediaFirst.
News categories: MediaKind, Tangerine Global, Amdocs, Steve Payne, Greg Pasetta, Raman Abrol, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
Sep 22, 2020 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that it will be providing content licensing and digital supply chain solutions to support Liberty Global's video and TV platforms and Virgin Media's on-demand services.
News categories: Vubiquity, Liberty Global, Darcy Antonellis, Chris Van Der Linden, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, UK
AT&T Mexico goes live with OTT services powered by Amdocs Media
May 7, 2020 – Amdocs Media (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that AT&T Mexico has gone live with MarketONE on the public cloud. MarketONE streamlines OTT partner integrations by reducing the cost and complexity of integrating and managing OTT providers.
News categories: Amdocs, AT&T, Anthony Goonetilleke, Janna Ducich, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Streaming
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope