Digital TV News: Alcatel-Lucent
Broadband access market reaches record level in 2015
Mar 2, 2016 – According to Dell’Oro Group, the worldwide Broadband Access market, which includes Cable, DSL, and PON, reached a record level and exceeded $12B in 2015, driven by PON. Looking at 2016, Cable Modem is predicted to make a comeback.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Alam Tamboli, Cable Modem, CPE, Market Research, Worldwide
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Alcatel-Lucent to integrate PERSEUS video compression and Oregan Video Client
Sep 7, 2015 – V-Nova has announced that Alcatel-Lucent plans to integrate PERSEUS video compression technology with its Cloud DVR platform and Oregan's Multiscreen Cloud Video Client. The aim is to provide significant improvements in IP Video delivery to both greenfield customer deployments and existing infrastructures.
News categories: Oregan, V-Nova, Alcatel-Lucent, Milya Timergaleyeva, Eric Achtmann, Paul Larbey, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
Alcatel-Lucent deploys IP Routing portfolio at Telefónica
Aug 19, 2015 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) is transforming Telefonica's fixed and mobile networks with its IP technology and services expertise to meet growing consumption of data and video by its customers – while ensuring optimal operational cost and efficiency.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Telefónica, Roque Lozano, Joaquin Mata, Content Distribution, IPTV, Spain
TDC expands Mediaroom footprint to Norway
Jun 8, 2015 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has announced that it is enabling TDC to expand its delivery of IP-based TV services outside Denmark. Alcatel-Lucent is extending TDC’s existing Mediaroom platform to Norwegian ISP, NextGenTel.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, TDC, NextGenTel, Willem Hendrickx, Jacob Zentio Larsen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Norway
Alcatel-Lucent provides optical technology to Telecom Italia for ultra-broadband and TV services
Jun 3, 2015 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris; NYSE: ALU) is to provide its 100 Gbps agile optical networking technology to Telecom Italia as the Italian national service provider transforms its infrastructure to support the delivery of ultra-broadband internet and TV services.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Telecom Italia, Roberto Loiola, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, Italy, Streaming
Shift to generic hardware and virtualization pressuring video equipment prices
Jan 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics (NYSE: IHS), the cost of encoding and transcoding platforms continues to come down, pressuring video and broadcast equipment revenue as pay-TV providers move to generic hardware and network functions virtualization.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
5G standardization begins as companies lay royalties groundwork
Dec 8, 2014 – Work on new technologies that will form the foundation of 5G standards has been occurring for the last few years; however, the formal standards process has just begun. A range of major vendors are working on all aspects of 5G, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Philip Solis, Broadband, Mobile, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December