Digital TV News: Alcatel-Lucent
Broadband access market reaches record level in 2015
Mar 2, 2016 – According to Dell’Oro Group, the worldwide Broadband Access market, which includes Cable, DSL, and PON, reached a record level and exceeded $12B in 2015, driven by PON. Looking at 2016, Cable Modem is predicted to make a comeback.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Alam Tamboli, Cable Modem, CPE, Market Research, Worldwide
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Alcatel-Lucent to integrate PERSEUS video compression and Oregan Video Client
Sep 7, 2015 – V-Nova has announced that Alcatel-Lucent plans to integrate PERSEUS video compression technology with its Cloud DVR platform and Oregan's Multiscreen Cloud Video Client. The aim is to provide significant improvements in IP Video delivery to both greenfield customer deployments and existing infrastructures.
News categories: Oregan, V-Nova, Alcatel-Lucent, Milya Timergaleyeva, Eric Achtmann, Paul Larbey, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
Alcatel-Lucent deploys IP Routing portfolio at Telefónica
Aug 19, 2015 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) is transforming Telefonica's fixed and mobile networks with its IP technology and services expertise to meet growing consumption of data and video by its customers – while ensuring optimal operational cost and efficiency.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Telefónica, Roque Lozano, Joaquin Mata, Content Distribution, IPTV, Spain
TDC expands Mediaroom footprint to Norway
Jun 8, 2015 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has announced that it is enabling TDC to expand its delivery of IP-based TV services outside Denmark. Alcatel-Lucent is extending TDC’s existing Mediaroom platform to Norwegian ISP, NextGenTel.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, TDC, NextGenTel, Willem Hendrickx, Jacob Zentio Larsen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Norway
Alcatel-Lucent provides optical technology to Telecom Italia for ultra-broadband and TV services
Jun 3, 2015 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris; NYSE: ALU) is to provide its 100 Gbps agile optical networking technology to Telecom Italia as the Italian national service provider transforms its infrastructure to support the delivery of ultra-broadband internet and TV services.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Telecom Italia, Roberto Loiola, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, Italy, Streaming
Shift to generic hardware and virtualization pressuring video equipment prices
Jan 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics (NYSE: IHS), the cost of encoding and transcoding platforms continues to come down, pressuring video and broadcast equipment revenue as pay-TV providers move to generic hardware and network functions virtualization.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
5G standardization begins as companies lay royalties groundwork
Dec 8, 2014 – Work on new technologies that will form the foundation of 5G standards has been occurring for the last few years; however, the formal standards process has just begun. A range of major vendors are working on all aspects of 5G, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Philip Solis, Broadband, Mobile, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report