Digital TV News: Allente
SkyShowtime rollout to begin in the Nordics on September 20th
Sep 5, 2022 – SkyShowtime will launch in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden on September 20th, before expanding into the Netherlands in Q4. The rollout will continue across Spain, Portugal, Andorra, and Central & Eastern Europe over the following months.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden
Allente selects 3SS 3Ready Control Center and ContentWise
Sep 1, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and ContentWise have announced that Allente has become the first operator to deploy 3Ready Control Center 3.0, 3SS' next-generation UX management and content curation hub.
News categories: 3SS, Allente, ContentWise, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jon Espen Nergård, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, IBC2022, Norway, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
Allente deploys Synamedia SaaS security for OTT
Apr 26, 2022 – Synamedia has announced that Allente is deploying Synamedia's SaaS solutions to protect all streamed TV and video content. Synamedia OTT ServiceGuard and multi-DRM solutions will allow Allente to securely stream content across any open platform and to all devices.
News categories: Synamedia, Allente, Yael Fainaro, Jon Espen Nergård, Content Protection, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming
Allente launches Android TV service with KAON and 3SS
Feb 22, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that Allente has launched its next-generation super-aggregated TV services for Scandinavia on an Android TV STB, supporting DTH satellite, IPTV and OTT.
News categories: 3SS, KAON Media, Allente, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
Viaplay paying subscribers up 33% in 2021 to 4,005k
Feb 8, 2022 – The NENT Group has released results for the period January-December 2021. The company ended the year by surpassing the milestone of 4m paying Viaplay subscribers, having added almost 1 million subscribers during the year.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers
Allente integrates Google Common Broadcast Stack with KAON and 3SS
Aug 24, 2021 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have completed a hybrid set-top box integration for Allente. Allente is one of the first operators to integrate the Google Common Broadcast Stack in an Android TV Operator Tier box.
News categories: 3SS, KAON, Allente, Google, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Matthias Puschmann, Android TV, Broadcast, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Set Top Box, Sweden
3SS set to double reach in 2021
Feb 25, 2021 – 3SS has said that it has eight Android TV projects in progress for operators giving it a deployment pipeline of at least 25 million homes by end-2021. This is more than double 2020's 10 million total.
News categories: 3SS, Kai-Christian Borchers, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente
Oct 12, 2020 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that Allente, the entity resulting from the merger between Viasat Consumer and Canal Digital, is to deploy KAON STBs and middleware with 3SS-enabled viewing experiences.
News categories: 3SS, KAONMEDIA, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
Nordic video markets riding high
May 21, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, not only are consumers in the Nordic region subscribing to multiple SVoD services, but they are also driving a return to growth for the transactional video market.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle