Digital TV News: Appear
tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
Jun 5, 2023 – Apple has announced Apple TV 4K software updates for this fall. With tvOS 17, FaceTime comes to Apple TV 4K, along with other enhancements for a more personalised experience.
News categories: Apple, Bob Borchers, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
Jun 1, 2023 – According to IDC, global shipments of AR and VR headsets slowed significantly in Q1 2023 as economic conditions worsened and the market cooled compared to pandemic driven highs seen last year.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Digital TV, Hardware, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
Jun 5, 2023 – Apple has unveiled Apple Vision Pro, a spatial computer that blends digital content with the physical world, while allowing users to stay present and connected to others.
News categories: Apple, Tim Cook, Mike Rockwell, Digital TV, Hardware, Metaverse, USA
U.S. Q1 pay-TV subscriber losses higher than in any previous quarter
May 16, 2023 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 2,215,000 net video subscribers in 1Q 2023, compared to a net loss of about 1,850,000 in 1Q 2022.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
A1 Croatia chooses Appear for live channel encoding and distribution
May 16, 2023 – A1 Croatia has chosen Appear to upgrade its live OTT channel encoding and distribution workflow, migrating its existing ABR infrastructure to Appear's NEO Series server-based transcoding platform.
News categories: Appear, A1 Croatia, Thomas Bostrøm Jørgensen, Vedran Krhač, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, Streaming
Household spending on media continues to grow in Sweden
May 11, 2023 – According to Mediavision, more than 90% of households in Sweden pay for some form of media subscription. Despite increasing headwinds, there appears to be no sign of market saturation.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Market Research, Sweden
Vialma chooses OKAST to launch FAST channel on Samsung TV Plus
Apr 17, 2023 – Vialma has chosen OKAST Channels to launch its FAST service on the Samsung TV Plus platform. OKAST Channels enabled Vialma to create, launch, and distribute its FAST channel in a few weeks.
News categories: OKAST, Vialma, Cédric Monnier, Guillaume Descottes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
New Cayenne debuts Porsche Driver Experience
Mar 29, 2023 – The Porsche Cayenne will feature a 12.3" display providing the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) control center. On the PCM, videos can be watched directly via the streaming provider Screenhits TV.
News categories: Porsche, Screenhits TV, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
Mar 27, 2023 – ARF says move to 'TV-accessible households' is needed as ARF's DASH universe study shows a significant and growing percentage of US homes now consume TV without owning a TV set.
News categories: Advertising Research Foundation, Paul Donato, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028