Digital TV News: Astro
Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
Oct 5, 2022 – Synamedia has announced that Astro Malaysia has gone live with Synamedia Clarissa to gain a deeper understanding about how business decisions impact viewer behaviour and content consumption, with the goal of boosting engagement.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro Malaysia, Paul Segre, Euan Smith, Advertising, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
Sep 21, 2022 – Astro Malaysia has launched the beIN SPORTS CONNECT, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps on its Ultra Box, allowing customers to stream more live sporting events and Asian entertainment on their big screen TV.
News categories: Astro TV, Euan Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Telstra adopts Fetch as TV platform provider
Apr 28, 2022 – Telstra has selected Fetch as its platform for Telstra TV. Telstra will invest around A$50m including provision for onboarding Telstra TV customers onto Fetch, resulting in Telstra acquiring a 51% stake in the company.
News categories: Telstra, Fetch TV, Kim Krogh Andersen, Scott Lorson, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, UX
Astro selects Kaltura to power its standalone streaming service offering
Dec 21, 2021 – Kaltura (NASDAQ:KLTR) has announced that Astro has chosen the Kaltura TV Platform to power sooka, its new streaming service targeted at millennials. sooka went live in June across Malaysia and is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, Astro, AWS, Nuno Sanches, Euan Smith, Sameer Vuyyuru, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
Dec 1, 2021 – Astro Malaysia and Synamedia have launched the first addressable TV advertising service in SE Asia. Advertisers will be able to show different ads to different households while they are watching the same program, based on data including location and demographics.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro, Paul Segre, Euan Smith, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Astro integrates Netflix into its Ultra Box
Nov 9, 2021 – Astro has unveiled its new Astro experience, enabling customers to stream Netflix on Astro TV. Customers can now enjoy services such as Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, HBO GO, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+, as well as Astro's shows and sports, all in one place.
News categories: Astro, Netflix, Euan Smith, Azlin Arshad, Tony Zameczkowski, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
Sep 24, 2021 – The household penetration of SVOD services in Malaysia is expected to increase from 12% in 2020 to about 27% in 2025, driven by considerable rise in the adoption of OTT video, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, Streaming
UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
Sep 22, 2021 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) has begun providing voice-enabled remote controls to Astro for its Ultra set-top box. The remote is powered by UEI chip technology with BLE and unfrared control capability.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Astro, Kuldip Singh Johal, Shahrul Sultan, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Evergent subscription management for Astro's sooka OTT service
Sep 8, 2021 – Evergent has announced that Astro will use its customer management and monetization tools to support registration and subscription management for its new streaming service, sooka.
News categories: Evergent, Astro, sooka, Vijay Sajja, Euan Smith, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV