Digital TV News: BEAM
DISH to add to fleet with new Maxar satellite order
Apr 18, 2023 – Maxar (NYSE: MAXR) (TSX: MAXR) has received an order for a direct broadcast satellite from DISH, designated ES XXV. Th satellite will be operated by DISH and deliver content across North America.
News categories: Maxar, DISH Network, Chris Johnson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, North America, Satellite
StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
Mar 15, 2023 – StarGroup has once again selected Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) for StarTV, its DTH pay-TV service. StarTV will continue to benefit from the coverage of Mexico at 117° West.
News categories: Eutelsat, StarGroup, José Ignacio González-Núñez, Jose Aguirre, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite
Sinclair to show live infotainment for connected vehicles at CES
Dec 21, 2022 – Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) will demonstrate live infotainment services delivered to connected vehicles ahead of consumer trials planned for the Baltimore, MD region.
News categories: Sinclair, ONE Media 3.0, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA
Hisense selects Synaptics processor for AI-enabled always-on voice remote
Sep 9, 2022 – Synaptics (Nasdaq: SYNA) has announced that Hisense has selected Synaptics' DBM10L processor with dedicated neural processing unit (NPU) to implement an AI-enabled always-on voice (AOV) remote control unit (RCU).
News categories: Synaptics, Hisense, Venkat Kodavati, Shay Kamin Braun, Digital TV, IBC2023, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
Jun 27, 2022 – SeaChange (NASDAQ:SEAC) has announced that it will deploy its latest Advanced Advertising Platform for two partners in North America, enabling new and incremental video ad revenues both for Linear TV and streaming services.
News categories: SeaChange, Armstrong, BEAM, Robert Rozycki, Mike Giobbi, Jason Rang, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
MEASAT-3d satellite ready for launch on June 22nd
Jun 14, 2022 – The Airbus-built MEASAT-3d satellite is in Kourou, French Guiana ready for launch on June 22, 2022. MEASAT-3d will be positioned at 91.5°E providing redundancy and additional capacity for video distribution in the Asia-Pacific region.
News categories: Airbus, Francois Gaullier, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
SES orders two Ku-band satellites for 19.2° East
Nov 22, 2021 – SES has ordered two geostationary (GEO) Ku-band satellites for its prime orbital slot at 19.2 degrees East to maintain the premium services it provides to its European video customers and to capture new opportunities in the region.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Kenya Broadcast's Signet DTT now distributed via AMOS-17
Nov 3, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that Kenya Broadcast Corporation’s Signet DTT service is now being broadcast via its AMOS-17 satellite. Spacecom’s also provided professional services to migrate Signet’s DTT service to AMOS-17.
News categories: Spacecom, Kenya Broadcast, Oren Tepper, Job Karimi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Terrestrial
DIRECTV becomes a standalone video business
Aug 5, 2021 – AT&T and TPG have closed their agreement to establish DIRECTV as a separate company. The new company now owns and operates the former AT&T U.S. and Puerto Rico video businesses consisting of satellite, streaming and IP video services.
News categories: DIRECTV, Bill Morrow, Digital TV, MandA, Puerto Rico, Satellite, USA
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126