Digital TV News: BIA
CIMM identifies best ways to combine STB and Smart TV data
Jan 28, 2021 – The CIMM has released a study identifying best practices for integration of STB and Smart TV data. The combination comes closer to creating nationally representative data sets for linear and streaming TV programming and advertising use cases.
News categories: CIMM, Pre-Meditated Media, Jane Clarke, Gerard Broussard, Howard Shimmel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
CTV insights business, App Science, launches from stealth
Dec 16, 2020 – App Science has announced its official launch. App Science correlates mobile data with connected TV data for individual households, resulting in richer, more sophisticated insights into audiences.
News categories: App Science, Helen Lum, Aziz Rahim, Marka Hinkamp, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
Nov 19, 2020 – Nielsen (NLSN) has unveiled an ID resolution system that will underpin its measurement products in a cookieless world. Nielsen will continue to deliver people-based measurement even as existing identifiers can no longer be relied upon.
News categories: Nielsen, Mainak Mazumdar, Advertising, Big Data, USA, Worldwide
Nielsen integrates data from DIRECTV and DISH STBs, VIZIO Smart TVs
Nov 10, 2020 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that it is adding addressable measurement to its National TV currency. Through strategic data integrations, Nielsen will add ~55 million devices across smart TVs and set top boxes to help scale addressable TV.
News categories: Nielsen, Scott Brown, Rick Welday, Kemal Bokhari, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
Jul 29, 2020 – Public Media Group (PMG) has formed an alliance with American Tower to create a turnkey ATSC 3.0 SFN solution for TV stations. Both companies will build out the networks, while PMG will own, operate and manage the infrastructure.
News categories: Public Media Group, American Tower, Joe Chinnici, Steve Vondran, Rick Ducey, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen upgrades digital measurement methodology
Jul 21, 2020 – Nielsen has announced sweeping changes to its digital measurement methodology. The new methodology will be rolled out in phases to ensure continuity of measurement for its clients, beginning in early 2021.
News categories: Nielsen, Karthik Rao, Mainak Mazumdar, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
Jan 16, 2020 – BIA’s forecast for NextGen TV reveals that local TV Groups stand to increase their revenue growth by 50% within the next ten years from NextGen TV rollouts. The potential growth rate with advanced TV has an 8.0% CAGR revenue growth opportunity compared to a 3.8% CAGR baseline.
News categories: BIA, Rick Ducey, Mark Fratrik, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
Sep 18, 2019 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) and its member companies have announced the official industry display definition and logo for 8K Ultra High-Definition (UHD) televisions – for use beginning with 2020 model products.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
Jul 15, 2019 – The growing popularity of streaming services, artificial intelligence (AI)-enabled emerging devices and in-vehicle technology will help drive the U.S. consumer tech industry to a record-breaking $401 billion in retail revenues in 2019, according to the CTA.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering