Digital TV News: BIA
AR/VR panel shipments to reach 119 million units by 2028
May 15, 2023 – According to DSCC, display panel shipments for VR will increase by 17.6% this year, lower than previously forecast. Shipments are now expected to grow from 13.6M units in 2022 to 16M units in 2023.
News categories: DSCC, Guillaume Chansin, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
MiQ takes over Samba TV U.S. managed media services business
Jan 13, 2023 – Samba TV and MiQ have announced a partnership to bolster MiQ's Advanced TV solutions with Samba TV data and measurement. As part of the deal, Samba TV will move its U.S. managed media services business to MiQ.
News categories: Samba TV, MiQ, Ashwin Navin, Gurman Hundal, Lee Puri, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, USA
TVision concludes $16m investment round led by iSpot
Nov 15, 2022 – TVision has closed an investment round of $16m for the continued transformation and modernization of its person-level panel measurement. The round was led by iSpot along with continued support from SIG Capital, Accomplice, and Golden Ventures.
News categories: TVision, iSpot, Yan Liu, Sean Muller, Sean Cunningham, Kelly Abcarian, Andrea Zapata, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
Sep 29, 2022 – A Madhive-sponsored report from BIA Advisory Services examines local OTT advertising trends, and programmatic buying that provides access to a network of OTT ad inventory from a variety of publishers.
News categories: BIA Advisory Services, Madhive, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
Sep 26, 2022 – The U.S. gaming population expanded by 3% from 2019 to 2022, as 9 million new gamers aged 13 to 64 entered the market, according to a CTA study. The active gaming population in this age range now totals 164 million.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Steven Hummel, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, USA
Sony's share of U.S. Smart TV purchases grew in 2021
Apr 20, 2022 – According to Parks Associates, out of the top five U.S. brands, Sony showed clear growth, compared to 2020, for smart TVs purchased or received in the previous six months, pushing the brand past Vizio and into the top three for purchases in Q3 2021.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
Jan 20, 2022 – Research from Acquia shows that up to 5 million people in the UK are currently watching seven or more hours of streaming video content (Netflix, YouTube, etc.) every day, equivalent to a full working day (minus lunch).
News categories: Acquia, Tom Bianchi, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Nexstar Media launches NEXTGEN TV at WHTM-TV in Harrisburg, PA
Dec 21, 2021 – Nexstar Media Group (Nasdaq: NXST) has announced that WHTM-TV, the Nexstar TV station serving Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, has begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV. Harrisburg is Nexstar’s 17th market to begin broadcasting with ATSC 3.0 in 2021.
News categories: Nexstar Media, Brett Jenkins, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
FOX and Nexstar Media launch NEXTGEN TV in Los Angeles
Dec 16, 2021 – FOX Television Stations (NASDAQ: FOXA) and Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) have launched NEXTGEN TV on KTTV-TV (FOX 11), KCOP-TV (My13), and KTLA-TV (KTLA 5) in Los Angeles, the second largest television market in the U.S.
News categories: Nexstar Media, FOX, Brett Jenkins, Bill Lamb, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028