Digital TV News: CTI
QuickPlay Media Announces Mobile TV for BlackBerry® Smartphones
Apr 1, 2009 – QuickPlay Media has announced the upcoming launch of its PrimeTime2Go™ premium mobile TV service. The service, available in early May, will enable consumers to download and watch full-length episodes of their favorite shows on-demand.
News categories: QuickPlay Media, BlackBerry® App Worldâ„¢ storefront, Digital TV, Mobile, Smartphone, Streaming, USA
Spb Software launches IP TV player for Windows phones
Mar 31, 2009 – Spb Software has announced the release of Spb TV - a mobile TV player with on-screen controls and fast channel switching, intelligent stream correction, PiP mode, and an integrated TV guide with export of show reminders into Outlook.
News categories: Spb Software, 5G, Broadband, Middleware, Mobile
Myvu Corporation Demonstrates 3D Technology at CTIA
Mar 30, 2009 – Myvu and SENSIO Technologies have announced that the two Companies will jointly demonstrate a new 3D mobile video platform based on SENSIO®3D and the Myvu Crystal Personal Media Viewer at CTIA in Las Vegas March 31.
News categories: SENSIO, Myvu Corp, Digital TV, Metaverse, Mobile
Verimatrix Increases IPTV Security Footprint in Russia
Mar 26, 2009 – Verimatrix has announced three Russian IPTV operators - Iskratelecom, Tattelecom and Bashinformsvyaz - that have deployed the Verimatrix Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV in conjunction with regional systems integrator and reseller CTI.
News categories: Verimatrix, CTI, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Video Exchange
TTP to Showcase Technology Allowing US Digital TV Broadcasts to Be Viewed on Current Cell Phones at CTIA Wireless '09
Mar 19, 2009 – The Technology Partnership (TTP) has developed technology to help broadcasters, cellular carriers and accessory brands capitalise on the new mobile-specific (ATSC-M/H) digital TV (DTV) transmissions being established across the US during 2009.
News categories: TTP, Streamezzo, Mobile
MediaFLO USA Set to Expand FLO TV in More Than 100 Markets in 2009
Jan 8, 2009 – MediaFLO USA (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced plans to make the award-winning FLO TV™ experience available to more than 200 million consumers across more than 100 markets in 2009.
News categories: MediaFLO, FLO TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, USA
MediaCorp spearheads mobile TV trial with M1, StarHub and SingTel
Jul 25, 2008 – Singapore's three telecommunications service providers M1, SingTel and StarHub, together with the national broadcaster MediaCorp, will jointly conduct a consumer mobile TV trial using DVB-H technology next month.
News categories: MediaCorp, M1 Limited, SingTel, StarHub, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
Monsoon Multimedia Announces HAVA TV Place-Shifting for the Nokia Internet Tablet
Apr 2, 2008 – Monsoon Multimedia has announced HAVA support for the Nokia N800 and N810 Internet Tablets, and the upcoming Nokia N810 Internet Tablet WiMAX Edition, allowing customers to view and control their home TV from anywhere in the world over WiMAX or WiFi.
News categories: Monsoon Multimedia, Broadband, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet
Garmin licenses S3's onHandTV Mobile TV Software
Mar 31, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that their onHandTV™ Mobile TV software has been licensed by Garmin, the global leader in portable satellite navigation.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Garmin, Digital TV, In-Car, Italy, Middleware, Mobile
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin