Digital TV News: Cablenet
Aferian announces results for the year ended 30 November 2021.
Feb 10, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has announced results for the year ended 30 November 2021. During the year, Amino grew revenues by 11% to $75.1m and maintained its strong margins and cash generation. 24i continues to grow recurring revenue organically.
News categories: Aferian, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
Feb 23, 2021 – Amino has announced that Cablenet has begun to roll-out Amigo 7XC Android TV set-top boxes to its cable and fiber customers in Cyprus. Following extensive lab and field tests, the roll-out began in December 2020.
News categories: Amino, Cablenet, Donald McGarva, Charalambos Moyseos, Android TV, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
EU cable industry revenue grows to €23.5 billion in 2016
Dec 4, 2017 – The European cable industry continued to show resiliency and steady growth in 2016, increasing 4 percent from the prior year, to €23.5 billion, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Subisu Cablenet launches digital TV in Nepal
Oct 17, 2014 – Cable television provider, Subisu Cablenet, has announced Nepal's first digital TV service. The service, called CLEAR TV, will be available from 1st Nov, 2014.
News categories: Subisu, Cable TV, Digital TV, Nepal
ATEME encodes industry's first 4K cable channel
Apr 29, 2014 – ATEME has announced that Home Choice, a South Korean content aggregator, has selected its TITAN to encode Ultra High Definition (UHD) content in HEVC for the launch of UMAX, the worlds first dedicated 4K channel.
News categories: ATEME, Home Choice, UMAX, Eunsook Wi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Korea
Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
May 21, 2013 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Canby Telcom has chosen Elemental systems to help with creation of a channel on the Roku® streaming platform for over-the-top (OTT) delivery of local broadcast channels to subscribers.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Canby Telcom, Roku, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
SeaChange to Highlight Software for Multi-Screen Video Services at The Cable Show
May 15, 2012 – At The Cable Show, SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) will demonstrate cloud-based solutions for expanding cable services to tablets, smartphones, PCs and other devices, and new innovations in multi-screen, advertising, and mobile device TV applications.
News categories: SeaChange, Advertising, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, Smart TV, Smartphone, TV Everywhere
SeaChange Delivers Complete Video-on-Demand Solution for Cablenet of Cyprus
Apr 26, 2012 – SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced that it has supplied its Adrenalin web-centric back office to Cablenet in Cyprus. The solution supports video-on-demand (VOD) services, time shift TV and price promotions.
News categories: SeaChange, Cablenet Communication Systems, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Cyprus
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK