Digital TV News: CinemaNow
Internet-Delivered Video Growth Continues to Drive Physical DVDs into Double-Digit Decline
Dec 13, 2010 – To replace retail DVD revenue losses, the online digital paid video download and streaming segment is expected to show high revenue growth. Annual revenue is forecast to grow from $2.3 billion to $6.3 billion within five years, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Samsung Reaches Smart TV Milestone with 1 Millionth TV App Downloaded Globally
Dec 2, 2010 – Samsung has announced the 1 millionth TV application downloaded globally from Samsung Apps, the world's first HDTV-based application store. The company's 200th TV application is now live via the platform.
News categories: Samsung, CES2022, Market Research, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Best Buy Selects Widevine as a Preferred Provider for DRM and Adaptive Streaming
Aug 31, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) has chosen Widevine to be a preferred provider of adaptive streaming, virtual DVD controls and digital rights management (DRM) on Insignia connected devices.
News categories: Widevine, Best Buy, Blu-ray, Content Protection, DRM, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem Unveils UltraViolet™ Brand
Jul 20, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has announced its consumer brand - UltraViolet™ - and logo. In addition, the consortium announced three additional new members bringing the total to nearly 60 member companies.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, UltraViolet, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Gaming, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Widevine 4.4.4 Brings New Over-the-Top and TV Everywhere Features, Customers and Devices
Apr 21, 2010 – Widevine has announced the commercial availability of version 4.4.4 of its video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) platform for over-the-top and TV Everywhere services delivered to retail consumer electronics.
News categories: Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Streaming
Sonic Solutions and DivX Bring Strategic Partnership to Mobile Devices
Feb 15, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) have announced at Mobile World Congress an expanded partnership to enable the digital distribution of an extensive catalogue of premium titles on DivX Certified® mobile devices.
News categories: DivX, Sonic Solutions, Middleware, Mobile, MWC21, Streaming, Tablet
Monsoon Multimedia Introduces Convergence Device with 4 Major Video Technologies
Jan 7, 2010 – Monsoon Multimedia has announced Volcano, its home video convergence device. Volcano incorporates time shifting, place shifting, internet video, and new functionalities that support streaming and recording video to smartphones, all in one box.
News categories: Monsoon Multimedia, CES2022, DVR, Mobile, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Toshiba Unveils Powerful CELL TV™ for the USA
Jan 6, 2010 – Toshiba has announced that the company has developed groundbreaking home entertainment technology and is introducing the ZX900 Series CELL TV™ into the U.S. market. CELL TV is the focal demonstration of Toshiba's 2010 CES exhibit.
News categories: Toshiba, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, VR
DivX Launches New Internet TV Platform
Jan 6, 2010 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) has announced the launch of DivX TV™, a comprehensive embedded Internet TV platform that provides access to a diverse line-up of online media content streamed directly to any connected device from any manufacturer.
News categories: DivX, Blu-ray, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform