Digital TV News: Cinemo
SKY Fiber launches new speed plans and the Philippines' first all-in box
Sep 4, 2019 – SKY Fiber has announced an All-In Box to go with its new Super Speed broadband plans. The first of its kind in the Philippines, the device combines the power of a WiFi-enabled modem, digital terrestrial TV, and cable TV modem for total entertainment.
News categories: SKY Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Philippines, Set Top Box
Cinemo, ST and Valens demo Connected Car Infotainment at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES 2018, Cinemo, STMicroelectronics, and Valens are demonstrating an in-vehicle infotainment system powered by Cinemo's media distribution system and enabled by Valens' HDBaseT technology running on ST's infotainment and telematics processors.
News categories: Cinemo, STMicroelectronics, Valens, Elif Ede, Fabio Marchio, Micha Risling, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Parrot Faurecia supplies European car maker with in-car TV reception
Jul 11, 2017 – Parrot Faurecia Automotive has announced that its Media Center solution has been selected by a European car maker as a line-fit option. The Media Center entered mass production in early 2017 for the European, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese and Korean markets.
News categories: Parrot Faurecia, Jean-Luc Tété, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Terrestrial
Two million TVplus units shipped by ABS-CBN
Dec 5, 2016 – ABS-CBN has surpassed its year-end target of selling two million units for its digital television product ABS-CBN TVplus as of November. The development comes only three months after the company hit 1.6 million units.
News categories: ABS-CBN, Carlo Katigbak, Chinky Alcedo, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Market Research, Philippines, Set Top Box
VRrOOm launches world’s first global VR cinema network at BIRTV
Aug 26, 2016 – The first VRrOOm Sanctum theatres will be installed inside traditional cinemas this fall in Beijing and Shanghai thanks to an exclusive partnership sealed with Chinese film industry leader China Film Group’s affiliated company CFEC.
News categories: VRrOOm, Louis Cacciuttolo, China, France, VR
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic