Digital TV News: Com Hem
Swedish streaming market saturating
Feb 11, 2020 – According to Mediavision, 54% of households in Sweden subscribe to at least one video streaming service. The limited growth over the past year may be a sign of the market maturing. However, the number of subscriptions per household is increasing steadily.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Sweden
3READY Android TV from 3SS powers Proximus Pickx
Dec 20, 2019 – 3SS has announced that Proximus has selected its 3READY Android TV solution for the recent launch of Proximus Pickx, an IPTV service. Proximus Pickx, Europe’s first Android P based TV project, had its pilot launch in October.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thierry Demoor, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
TCC chooses 3SS for Android TV+multiscreen service in Uruguay
Nov 1, 2019 – 3SS has been chosen by TCC to help develop a new TV service to launch in 2020. The service will be powered by 3READY Android TV + Multiscreen, 3SS’ front end and UI framework featuring an Android TV Custom Launcher STB.
News categories: 3SS, TCC, Kai-Christian Borchers, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, Uruguay, UX
3SS 3READY Android TV deployed on Technicolor STBs for N. European operator
Sep 6, 2019 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that a multiservice provider in Northern Europe has selected 3READY Android TV combined with Technicolor middleware and hardware to power its upcoming TV service.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Technicolor, Kai-Christian Borchers, Mercedes Pastor, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Set Top Box, UX
3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
May 15, 2019 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and Media Distillery have joined forces to launch and commercialize a pre-integrated AI-based end-to-end platform which enables TV service personalization and a range of benefits for operators and their subscribers.
News categories: 3SS, Media Distillery, Kai-Christian Borchers, Roland Sars, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
3SS and Technicolor to show Custom Launcher on Android P STBs at CES
Dec 19, 2018 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has launched a pre-integrated solution aimed to help operators optimize and launch Android TV services. The offer combines a Technicolor STB and middleware with 3SS's 3READY Android TV Custom Launcher.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Technicolor, Kai-Christian Borchers, Mercedes Pastor, Android TV, CES2020, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
3SS launches 3READY Assistant to augment its Android TV launcher
Dec 17, 2018 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) is launching 3READY Assistant as a new product and service offering, enabled by its 3READY Android TV Operator Tier Custom Launcher. With 3READY Assistant, an operator can create its own commands to trigger actions in the app.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Kai-Christian Borchers, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Edgeware to deliver tailored ads for Com Hem's online TV channels
Nov 9, 2018 – Edgeware has announced that Com Hem has selected its Ad Enabler origin software. The solution will be used to prepare TV/Video content with personalized advertising on 20 of Com Hem’s IP-delivered TV channels.
News categories: Edgeware, Com Hem, Karl Thedéen, Magnus Lindhe, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Sweden
Com Hem selects TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery Platform
Sep 13, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Com Hem Group has deployed TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery Platform on its TV and mobile platforms, including both Android and Apple iOS. The platform consists of personalized search and recommendations and analytics capabilities.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Com Hem, Walt Horstman, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Sweden, UX
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues