Digital TV News: Deutsche Telekom
T-Mobile TVision Live, Live+ and Live Zone services winding down on April 29
Mar 29, 2021 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has instead announced plans to expand its collaboration with Google across a wide array of customer experiences later this year, including embracing YouTube TV as T-Mobile’s premium TV solution.
News categories: T-Mobile, Google, Mike Sievert, Hiroshi Lockheimer, Android TV, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Deutsche Telekom and RTL to expand addressable TV cooperation
Nov 17, 2020 – Deutsche Telekom and RTL have announced that RTL's streaming service, TV Now Premium, will be integrated with Deutsche Telekom’s Magenta TV, and the pair have also agreed to increase cooperation on advertising with a special focus on addressable TV.
News categories: Mediengruppe RTL, Deutsche Telekom, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, OTT
Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
Oct 28, 2020 – Whip Media Group has announced that Deutsche Telekom has completed the implementation of Whip Media’s Content Value Management (CVM) platform to manage its video on demand (VOD) business at its Austrian business, Magenta.
News categories: Whip Media, Magenta Telekom, Paul Hastings, Susanne Rose, Austria, Digital TV
Deutsche Telekom launches cloud gaming platform
Aug 27, 2020 – Deutsche Telekom (DT) has announced the launch of its cloud gaming platform, MagentaGaming. DT relies on a decentralized EDGE cloud concept to keep the distance to the customer as short as possible.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Claudia Nemat, Michael Hagspihl, Gaming, Germany, OTT
Deutsche Telekom Smart Speaker Mini powered by SoftAtHome
Jun 18, 2020 – SoftAtHome has announced that it is powering the Smart Speaker Mini deployed by Deutsche Telekom in Germany. The Smart Speaker enables users to enjoy voice control of all their Deutsche Telekom connected devices.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Deutsche Telekom, David Viret-Lange, Dr. Mirko Knoll, Germany, Middleware, Smart Home
Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
Nov 13, 2019 – Orange has launched its Djingo Speaker and a voice-controlled TV remote for customers with an ultra HD set up box, already used by 1.5 million customers. Djingo offers a smooth, natural and secure experience when using its services and those provided by its partners.
News categories: Orange, Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
TeraVolt analyses TV app platforms in Germany
Oct 17, 2019 – TeraVolt has analysed with the help of an expert panel how to reach as many German households as possible with TV apps. According to the analysis, HbbTV represents the largest hardware segment. By 2023, it will grow to 20 million households.
News categories: TeraVolt, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Global Smart Home market to surpass $100 billion in 2019
Sep 25, 2019 – Strategy Analytics projects that consumer spending on smart home related hardware, services and installation fees will reach $103 billion in 2019 and grow to $157 billion by 2023. The company predicts that spending on devices will account for 54% of the total in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jack Narcotta, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
ThinkAnalytics selected by Deutsche Telekom
Sep 11, 2019 – ThinkAnalytics is being deployed by Deutsche Telekom for personalized content discovery on its pay-TV and OTT services. First to go live, in July 2019, was Croatia Telecom on its OTT-TV service. Roll-outs in further countries are planned.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Deutsche Telekom, Simon McGrath, Marc Schwarze, Big Data, Croatia, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, UX
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.