Digital TV News: DivX
Hisense to integrate DivX HEVC in its 4K Ultra HD TVs
May 27, 2015 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced that Hisense will integrate support for its DivX HEVC Ultra HD video playback into its 4K TV product portfolio.
News categories: NeuLion, Hisense, Kanaan Jemili, Erin Magee, Licensing, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Broadcom cable SoCs DivX Certified for HEVC Ultra HD
Apr 13, 2015 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced that Broadcom's family of Ultra HD solutions has been DivX Certified for HEVC Ultra HD, enabling support for 4K video streaming on cable set-top boxes.
News categories: NeuLion, Broadcom, Kanaan Jemili, Joseph Del Rio, Cable TV, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Altech selects DivX HEVC Ultra HD and DivX Plus HD for STBs
Jan 20, 2015 – DivX and Altech have announced an agreement to license and integrate DivX Plus HD and DivX HEVC technology into Altech's upcoming set-top boxes. The devices will be made available to consumers through retail and operator channels.
News categories: DivX, Altech, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Marco Caputo, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa, Worldwide
Realtek first chip certified for DivX HEVC 4K streaming
Jan 5, 2015 – DivX and Realtek Semiconductor have announced that Realtek's RTD2984DX-GR Ultra HD SoC has achieved DivX HEVC Certification, enabling streaming of highly efficient DivX HEVC video at up to 4K resolutions on new Ultra HD TV sets.
News categories: DivX, Realtek, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Yee-Wei Huang, Asia, CES2021, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Siligence chooses DivX HEVC Ultra HD technology for 4K STBs
Jan 5, 2015 – DivX and Siligence have announced that Siligence has signed a license agreement to implement DivX HEVC technology in its set-top boxes, enabling the playback of video at up to 4K resolution in the living room.
News categories: DivX, Siligence, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Didier Zwierski, CES2021, Digital TV, Europe, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box
GoLive selects DivX OmniView to power Smart TV OTT service
Jan 5, 2015 – DivX has announced that GoLive Movie has selected its DivX OmniView to power the secure delivery on-demand movie content to smart TVs. The service will be available initially in China on televisions from TCL.
News categories: DivX, TCL, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Apps, CES2021, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
Konka chooses DivX HEVC for 4K TVs
Oct 15, 2014 – DivX and Konka have announced that the two companies will work together to implement DivX® HEVC Ultra HD (4K) technology across Konka’s line of 4K digital televisions.
News categories: DivX, Konka, China, Digital TV, Media Player, Smart TV, Worldwide
Mei Ah adopts DivX HEVC video streaming for mobile devices
Sep 11, 2014 – DivX has announced that Mei Ah Digital Technology has upgraded its license agreement and will adopt DivX® OmniView to power the delivery of on-demand DivX HEVC video streaming to mobile devices.
News categories: DivX, Mei Ah, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Steve Law, Asia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
TCL to adopt DivX HEVC technology for new 4K televisions
Sep 5, 2014 – DivX and TCL have announced that TCL Multimedia will adopt the DivX HEVC technology for its global line of digital televisions, enabling the playback of high-quality, highly efficient Ultra HD (4K) video in the living room.
News categories: DivX, TCL, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, E Hao, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES