Digital TV News: Dolby
Sharp launches world's first OLED 4K UHD Roku TV models
Nov 15, 2023 – Sharp has announced availability of a lineup of Sharp Roku TV OLED 4K UHD with HDR10 and LCD 4K UHD TVs as part of its return to the U.S. television market.
News categories: Sharp, Roku, Jim Sanduski, Peter Weedfald, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
DVB Project elects new Steering Board
Nov 13, 2023 – The General Assembly of the DVB Project has elected a new Steering Board to serve for the coming two years. It includes representatives of 43 companies across DVB's four member constituencies.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Disney+ introduces ad-supported and ad-free UK plans
Nov 1, 2023 – Disney+ in the UK has introduced an ad-supported subscription plan, alongside two ad-free options, offering consumers a range of subscription plans and increased flexibility to suit their needs.
News categories: Disney+, Luke Bradley Jones, Deborah Armstrong, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
FOX Sports Mexico and SeaChange show live sport with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
Oct 31, 2023 – SeaChange, with FOX Sports Mexico and Dolby Labs, is showing live sports on the FOX Sports Mexico streaming app, enhanced with Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos immersive sound, at Nextv Miami.
News categories: SeaChange, FOX Sports, Dolby, Apps, Digital TV, Mexico, Streaming, UX
DNA launches Android TV box with Dolby Atmos
Oct 30, 2023 – On the 6th of November, DNA will launch its DNA Entertainment Box, a video soundbox featuring Dolby Atmos immersive sound. The Android TV device also supports Dolby Vision HDR.
News categories: DNA, Dolby, Sagemcom, Mikko Saarentaus, Anaïs Libolt, Olivier Taravel, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box
UHD Spain tests end-to-end transmission of UHD-HDR and 5G
Oct 23, 2023 – UHD Spain has tested UHD-HDR broadcasting using 5G contributions, cloud mixing, multi-media broadcasting including 5G Broadcast, and the use of the public Internet network for signal transport.
News categories: UHD Spain, Xavier Redón, Emili Planas, Pere Vila, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain
NEXTGEN TV expected to surpass 10 million installed devices in U.S.
Oct 18, 2023 – NEXTGEN TV will be at Pepcom Holiday Spectacular!, Oct. 19, in New York City, showcasing select new NEXTGEN TV models from Hisense and Samsung and new upgrade accessory devices.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
Sep 28, 2023 – Xumo has teamed up with Best Buy to launch Pioneer Xumo TVs. The TVs feature universal voice search, and a user interface that enables consumers to browse content across all their streaming apps.
News categories: Xumo, Best Buy, Stephanie Cassi, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
Sep 26, 2023 – Ateme has announced that it was behind the video and immersive audio experiences delivered in 17 languages by Viacom18 Media during the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023.
News categories: Ateme, Viacom18 Media, Jibu Mathew, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond