Digital TV News: EY
VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
Nov 29, 2022 – TrendForce estimates that global shipments of VR devices will come to around 8.58 million units for 2022, a YoY drop of 5.3%. For 2023, TrendForce expects a bounce back to a total of 10.35 million.
News categories: TrendForce, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
TVision concludes $16m investment round led by iSpot
Nov 15, 2022 – TVision has closed an investment round of $16m for the continued transformation and modernization of its person-level panel measurement. The round was led by iSpot along with continued support from SIG Capital, Accomplice, and Golden Ventures.
News categories: TVision, iSpot, Yan Liu, Sean Muller, Sean Cunningham, Kelly Abcarian, Andrea Zapata, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Apple introduces next-generation Apple TV 4K
Oct 18, 2022 – Apple has announced the next generation of Apple TV 4K. HDR10+ support joins Dolby Vision on the now lower cost device. Running tvOS, featuring the Siri Remote, Apple TV 4K simplifies the way users discover content.
News categories: Apple TV, Bob Borchers, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
Sep 28, 2022 – Horowitz's latest report, tracking the evolution of the TV space, finds that streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms, with the majority of their viewing time spent streaming.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Streaming dominates UK television landscape
Sep 23, 2022 – Streaming is more popular than ever among all age groups, reaching 73% of Brits, according to research by The Trade Desk. The rise of streaming in the UK is driven by viewers in the 18- to 34-year-old age group.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Dave Castell, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Castoola grows ad response rates and purchases using ThinkAdvertising
Sep 9, 2022 – ThinkAnalytics has revealed that Castoola has used the ThinkAdvertising solution to boost the purchases from contextual hyper-targeted advertising campaigns for a European pay-TV operator by over 10x.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Castoola, Peter Docherty, Filip Remskar, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe
DIRECTV GO expands streaming service with Harmonic
Sep 9, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that DIRECTV GO is streaming more than 100 linear channels with its VOS®360 cloud SaaS platform. The platform speeds up the creation of linear channels, live events and streams for direct delivery to consumers.
News categories: Harmonic, Vrio, Diego Scillama, Evandro Heleno, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Latin America, Streaming
Professional Triathletes Organisation to launch D2C platform with Endeavor Streaming
Jul 19, 2022 – The Professional Triathletes Organisation (PTO) has partnered with Endeavor Streaming to launch PTO+. The OTT platform will launch as a free service aimed at maximizing audience engagement for the PTO's flagship events.
News categories: Endeavor Streaming, Professional Triathletes Organisation, Pete Bellamy, Tim Godfrey, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
Jul 1, 2022 – CryptoGuard has announced that ASTA-NET has selected CryptoGuard multi-DRM solution to secure video content for its MeeVu IPTV platform. ASTA-NET is a broadband, TV and telephony service provider in the Greater Poland region.
News categories: CryptoGuard, ASTA-NET, Krzysztof Wieczorek, Jakub Kucharzewski, Zbigniew Ryczek, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution