Digital TV News: Farncombe
AirTies deploys Farncombe OpenTest version 4
Jun 4, 2014 – Farncombe has announced that AirTies has chosen to deploy version 4 of Farncombe’s OpenTest™ consumer device testing system. AirTies can now increase the number and type of automated tests it runs on its hybrid IPTV STBs.
News categories: Farncombe, AirTies, Ismail Arslan, Philip Clayson, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
My-HD secures premium channels with Irdeto Media Protection
Aug 15, 2013 – Irdeto has announced that My-HD, a satellite pay TV platform in the Middle East and Northern Africa (MENA), has selected its Media Protection to secure the launch of over 30 premium HD channels via Arabsat to the region.
News categories: Irdeto, My-HD, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
May 14, 2013 – Farncombe and Inview have announced that they are working together to offer operators in Latin America a cost-effective way to launch OTT services in the region. Farncombe is providing its system integration capabilities alongside Inview's OTT platform.
News categories: Farncombe, Inview, Latin America, Middleware, Streaming
Farncombe Launches Wi-Fi Product Benchmarking Service for the Connected Home
Aug 30, 2012 – Farncombe has announced a new initiative to overcome the problem of delivering Wi-Fi products with a guaranteed quality of service (QoS) for wireless-video applications in connected multi-screen homes.
News categories: Farncombe, Gateway, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart Home
HD Forum releases TNT2.0 specifications and conformance tests
Jul 25, 2012 – The HD Forum has announced the release of TNT 2.0 specifications, developed in in partnership with the HbbTV consortium, for use in the French market and coming into effect at the end of July 2012.
News categories: HD FORUM, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Irdeto Cloaked CA ships 500,000 units in first six months
Jun 13, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that more than 500,000 set-top boxes embedded with Irdeto Cloaked CA were shipped globally in the first six months following its launch at IBC 2011. This figure is expected to increase significantly over the next year.
News categories: Irdeto, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Market Research
Farncombe and Digital TV Labs launch TNT 2.0 test suite for HbbTV connected TV devices
Jun 8, 2012 – Farncombe and Digital TV Labs have announced the launch of a TNT 2.0 test suite for manufacturers launching connected TV devices based on the latest version of the European Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV standard, HbbTV 1.5.
News categories: Farncombe, Digital TV Labs, HD Forum, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, France, HbbTV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial
Stofa Selects Irdeto and Neotion to deliver Pay TV without Set-Top Boxes or Smart Cards
Sep 9, 2011 – Irdeto has announced that Danish pay TV operator, Stofa, has chosen an end to end solution from Irdeto and Neotion to protect and deliver its advanced Zaptor pay TV offering directly to TVs without requiring a set-top box.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, Stofa, Cable TV, CAM, Denmark, IBC2021
Farncombe designs user experience for Digiturk's up coming hybrid platform
Aug 4, 2011 – Farncombe has announced that its design practice, WeAreAka, played a key role in the creation of an advanced EPG and user interface for the forthcoming hybrid digital TV platform provided by Turkish platform operator Digiturk.
News categories: Farncombe, WeAreAka, Digiturk, Sagemcom, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021