Digital TV News: Fraunhofer IIS
MainConcept and Fraunhofer show VVC with MPEG-H Audio for SBTVD TV 3.0
Aug 18, 2022 – MainConcept and Fraunhofer IIS have collaborated on digital video and audio technology. At SET Expo in Brazil, the two companies have prepared demonstrations combining VVC video and MPEG-H Audio, adhering to the SBTVD TV 3.0 Standard.
News categories: MainConcept, Fraunhofer IIS, Thomas Kramer, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
Aug 18, 2022 – MediaTek has integrated MPEG-H Audio from Fraunhofer into its Smart TV chips. With native support for MPEG-H Audio, Mediatek's Pentonic 2000 becomes the first TV platform adhering to Brazil's Next Generation broadcast system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, MediaTek, Adrian Murtaza, Alfred Chan, Luiz Fausto, Brazil, Digital TV, IBC2022, SBTVD, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
MainConcept to demo cloud-ready 8K encoding at NAB Show 2022
Apr 20, 2022 – At their NAB Show booth, MainConcept will highlight their advancements in 8K-optimized cloud encoding and illustrate why MainConcept’s technologies are essential ingredients used in processing over 90% of today’s professional videos.
News categories: MainConcept, Deacon Johnson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
Jan 17, 2022 – The SBTVD Forum has completed the technical evaluation phase of its TV 3.0 Project aimed at defining Bazil's next-generation TV platform. In the end, MPEG-H Audio was selected as the sole mandatory audio codec for the system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Ateme, SBTVD Forum, Adrian Murtaza, Mickaël Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
Apr 13, 2021 – Fraunhofer IIS and Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) are joining forces to bring Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) services to users of the ATSC 3.0 digital TV platform. DRM is an ITU-endorsed radio standard.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Sinclair Broadcast, Alexander Zink, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, USA
Netflix now streaming xHE-AAC audio on Android mobile
Jan 12, 2021 – Fraunhofer IIS has announced that Netflix is now using the xHE-AAC audio codec. Netflix has licensed Fraunhofer’s xHE-AAC software and is using it to encode its entire catalog.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Netflix, Bernhard Grill, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H Audio patents to Samsung
Jul 29, 2020 – Fraunhofer IIS has licensed its MPEG-H Audio patents to Samsung, allowing Samsung to manufacture products that feature MPEG-H Audio. MPEG-H Audio is specified in TV broadcast standards such as ATSC 3.0 and DVB as well as mobile standard 3GPP.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Samsung, Stefan Geyersberger, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG-H Audio added to SBTVD's ISDB-Tb specifications
Aug 27, 2019 – The SBTVD Forum has selected MPEG-H Audio for inclusion as an additional audio system in the ISDB-Tb specification. This allows broadcasters to simulcast MPEG-H Audio alongside the existing AAC audio.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, EiTV, ATEME, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
May 21, 2019 – Fraunhofer IIS has licensed its MPEG-H Audio patents to LG Electronics, allowing LG to produce products based on the standard. The MPEG-H Audio system is specified in TV broadcast standards such as ATSC 3.0 and DVB.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, LG Electronics, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Europe, Licensing, Patent, USA, Worldwide
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite