Digital TV News: Fraunhofer IIS
Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H Audio patents to Samsung
Jul 29, 2020 – Fraunhofer IIS has licensed its MPEG-H Audio patents to Samsung, allowing Samsung to manufacture products that feature MPEG-H Audio. MPEG-H Audio is specified in TV broadcast standards such as ATSC 3.0 and DVB as well as mobile standard 3GPP.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Samsung, Stefan Geyersberger, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG-H Audio added to SBTVD's ISDB-Tb specifications
Aug 27, 2019 – The SBTVD Forum has selected MPEG-H Audio for inclusion as an additional audio system in the ISDB-Tb specification. This allows broadcasters to simulcast MPEG-H Audio alongside the existing AAC audio.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, EiTV, ATEME, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
May 21, 2019 – Fraunhofer IIS has licensed its MPEG-H Audio patents to LG Electronics, allowing LG to produce products based on the standard. The MPEG-H Audio system is specified in TV broadcast standards such as ATSC 3.0 and DVB.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, LG Electronics, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Europe, Licensing, Patent, USA, Worldwide
Fraunhofer IIS and Vewd show MPEG-H Audio support in HbbTV
Sep 13, 2018 – At IBC, Fraunhofer IIS and Vewd showcased an HbbTV demo that includes DVB DASH streaming on a set-top box running Vewd Core and Vewd HbbTV Module with MPEG-H Audio support, as defined in the latest HbbTV 2.0.2 specification.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Vewd, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Fraunhofer IIS codec chosen for China's 3D audio standard for UHD TV
Apr 5, 2018 – China’s AVS 3D Audio Task Group has chosen Fraunhofer IIS as the transmission audio codec solution provider for the upcoming 3D Audio standard that will be used in the country’s 4K UHD broadcast.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Toni Fiedler, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow
Mstar T12 UHD TV SoC incorporates Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio
Sep 15, 2017 – Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS and MStar Semiconductor have announced the availability of the MPEG-H TV Audio System decoder in MStar’s 4K mainstream TV system-on-chip (SOC) platform T12.
News categories: MStar Semi, Fraunhofer, Sean Lin, Harald Popp, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
South Korea launches UHD TV with MPEG-H Audio
Jun 1, 2017 – The MPEG-H TV Audio System was the first next-generation audio codec worldwide to go on air 24/7 as South Korea launched its 4K UHD TV on May 31. The service includes immersive and interactive sound, thanks to the MPEG-H standard.
News categories: Fraunhofer, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV
LG licenses MPEG-H software from Fraunhofer IIS
Jan 5, 2017 – In early 2017, LG will deliver television models with the MPEG-H TV Audio, a technology mainly developed by Fraunhofer IIS. In advance of the service launch in South Korea, Fraunhofer IIS will preview the system at CES 2017.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, LG, Harald Popp, CES2021, Digital TV, Korea, Licensing, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MPEG-H Audio Alliance shows audio system at CES2016
Jan 5, 2016 – At CES, Fraunhofer presents the audio system developed by the MPEG-H Audio Alliance of Fraunhofer IIS, Technicolor and Qualcomm. It allows broadcasters and streaming services to deliver video streaming and TV audio at low bit rates and in a cost-effective manner.
News categories: MPEG-H Audio Alliance, Fraunhofer, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica