Digital TV News: Freeview Play
DTG releases D-Book 12.8
Oct 31, 2023 – The DTG has released D-Book 12.8 – the latest update to the technical specification for all digital terrestrial television products and services in the UK market.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Connect Fibre ISP adds TV service with Netgem
Jul 5, 2023 – Netgem has announced that it will be powering Connect Fibre TV's new TV service in the UK, based on Netgem's streaming solution for ISPs and delivered through Netgem's 4K TV box.
News categories: Netgem, Connect Fibre, Sylvain Thevenot, Deryck Shepherd, Content Distribution, Finance, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
UK's DTG releases D-Book 12.7
Oct 31, 2022 – The DTG has released D-Book 12.7, the latest update to the technical specification for all digital terrestrial television products and services in the UK market.
News categories: DTG, Simon Fell, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
SEI and SERAPHIC collaborate on 4K Android TV hybrid set-top-box
Sep 8, 2022 – SEI Robotics and SERAPHIC have partnered to roll out a 4K Android TV hybrid set-top-box. The SEI STB can support DVB-T/S/C, ISDB-T and other digital TV standards, while supporting the Google TIF framework and Google Widevine CAS.
News categories: SERAPHIC, SEI Robotics, Jeff Yin, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Konka selects NetRange to power HbbTV on Android-based Smart TVs
Aug 30, 2022 – NetRange has announced that Konka will use its ACCESS NetFront Browser BE HbbTV for Android solution to support providers in the MENA region choosing to launch interactive and smart TV services via HbbTV.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Konka, Michi Uematsu, Android TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middle-East, Smart TV
Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools
Jul 28, 2022 – Freeview Play viewers can now enjoy an upgraded viewing experience, after the latest update to its Explore Freeview Play TV app. The update brings new recommendation genres, and a new dedicated Box Sets area.
News categories: Freeview, Owen Jenkinson, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, UX
Freeview Play and LG agree new five-year partnership
Mar 18, 2022 – Freeview Play and LG have strengthened their partnership with a five-year agreement, meaning that all new LG TVs will come with Freeview Play built in as standard. Freeview and LG will also work together on future product updates.
News categories: Freeview Play, LG Electronics, Simon Hunt, Peter Booth, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, UX
BrawBand selects Netgem TV to bring fibre and TV bundles to Scotland
Dec 17, 2021 – BrawBand has launched a 200 channel TV offering in partnership with Netgem TV. BrawBand Customers will also have access to Freeview Play in addition to a choice of 'add on' subscription apps, all via a 4K TV Box.
News categories: Netgem, BrawBand, Shan Eisenberg, David Siegel, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Box Broadband launches fibre TV service in UK with Netgem
Dec 15, 2021 – Box Broadband has launched its TV offering through a partnership with Netgem TV. Netgem TV complements the Freeview Play service with extra box sets and movies, and a choice of 'add on' subscription apps via a 4K TV Box and a mobile app.
News categories: Netgem, Box Broadband, Shan Eisenberg, Graham Sargood, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024