Digital TV News: GlobalData
Malaysia SVOD penetration to reach 38% in 2026
Oct 27, 2022 – The household penetration of SVOD services in Malaysia is expected to increase from 17% in 2021 to 38% in 2026, driven by a considerable rise in the adoption of OTT platforms, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, Streaming
SVOD revenue in Australia to grow at an 8.9% CAGR over 2022-2027
Oct 26, 2022 – According to GlobalData, SVOD revenue in Australia is expected to increase from $2.2 billion in 2022 to $3.4 billion in 2027, driven by growth in subscriptions and unique households along with a steady rise in ARPU.
News categories: GlobalData, Srikanth Vaidya, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Japan multi-play revenues to increase at 7% CAGR over 2021-2026
Oct 18, 2022 – According to GlobalData, multi-play revenues in Japan are set to increase at a CAGR of 7% from $32.5 billion in 2021 to $45.6 billion in 2026, driven by strong demand for blended services and growth in the number of multi-play households.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Market Research
Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
Sep 28, 2022 – According to GlobalData, SVOD revenue in Japan is expected to increase at a CAGR of 10.1% from $4.5 billion in 2022 to $7.3 billion in 2027, driven by the strong growth in subscriptions and households, and a steady rise in ARPU.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
Aug 12, 2022 – According to GlobalData, pay TV revenues in Australia are set to decline in line with continuing losses in Cable TV and DTH subscriptions driven by cord-cutting and the growing popularity of OTT video alternatives.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
Jun 22, 2022 – Pay-TV services revenue in South Korea is expected to grow marginally at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.14%, from $6.5 billion in 2021 to $6.9 billion in 2026, mainly supported by the IPTV segment, forecasts GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Harendra Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Satellite
China pay TV market to remain stagnant between 2021 and 2026
Mar 2, 2022 – According to GlobalData, Pay TV services revenue in China is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.6% from $35.1bn in 2021 to $36.2bn in 2026, due to a steady decline in cable TV subscriptions and a drop in average revenue per subscription.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research
US and Europe ‘Netflix’d out’, says GlobalData
Feb 14, 2022 – The US and Europe are ‘Neflix’d out’, according to GlobalData. Netflix needs to turn to 'emerging' markets such as India if it wants to stop its falling new subscriber numbers and plummeting share price.
News categories: GlobalData, Netflix, Francesca Gregory, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
Jan 16, 2022 – While Netflix remains the undisputed leading streaming platform, with a 21% share of the US subscription video on demand (SVoD) market in 2021, GlobalData notes that the giant is showing signs of slowing.
News categories: GlobalData, Netflix, Francesca Gregory, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS