Digital TV News: GlobalData
Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
Feb 23, 2021 – Even though cloud gaming only represented 1% of video games industry revenue in 2020, the technology is expected to fundamentally change the space over the next ten years growing at a CAGR of 40% to 2030, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Rupantar Guha, 5G, Content Distribution, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand
Jan 12, 2021 – Thailand's pay-TV market is set to recover and post an 8% growth in revenue in 2021 but will slow down again thereafter to post a moderate CAGR of 1.1% over the forecast period 2020-2025, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Anshika Gandotra, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Thailand
Falling IPTV subscriptions to affect pay TV revenues in Singapore
Dec 23, 2020 – Pay TV service revenues in Singapore will decline at a CAGR of 1.4% over 2020-2025 due to falling IPTV subscriptions, according to GlobalData. Pay TV household penetration is also expected to decline.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Singapore
Pay TV revenues in Korea expected to continue to grow
Dec 22, 2020 – The Pay TV market in South Korea is expected to reach US$7.2bn in 2025, mainly driven by subscription growth in IPTV services as well as in overall pay TV ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research
Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
Nov 27, 2020 – Pay TV revenue in New Zealand is expected to decline at a CAGR of 3.1% between 2020 and 2025 due to loss in cable and DTH subscriptions, declining ARPU, and subscriber preference for OTT platforms, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand
Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
Oct 28, 2020 – Having been fairly resilient against the COVID-19 crisis in 2020, the pay TV market in the Philippines will see its revenue increase from $451.1m in 2020 to $550.0m in 2025, mainly driven by DTH and IPTV segments, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Philippines, Satellite
Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
Sep 22, 2020 – Pay-TV services revenue in India is expected to grow at a lethargic CAGR of 0.7% from US$3.19bn in 2020 to US$3.30bn in 2025 due to growing user substitution to OTT platforms, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, COVID-19, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Subscribers
Pay TV revenue in Japan to grow at 1.9% CAGR over next five years
Jul 24, 2020 – Japan’s total pay-TV services revenue is set to register a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.9% during 2019-2024, increasing from $8.9bn in 2019 to $9.8bn in 2024, according to revised pay-TV forecasts from GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Market Research, Satellite
Malaysia pay TV revenues to register sluggish growth
Jul 15, 2020 – The total pay-TV services revenue in Malaysia is forecast to grow at a sluggish pace from $1.07bn in 2019 to $1.08bn in 2024, supported by a steady rise in the adoption of DTH and IPTV services, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results