Digital TV News: GlobalData
Pay-TV revenue in Thailand to grow at a 4.2% CAGR over 2022-2027
Dec 27, 2022 – Pay-TV revenue in Thailand is set to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% from $752 million in 2022 to $922 million in 2027, driven primarily by an increase in IPTV subscriptions, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Srikanth Vaidya, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Thailand
Philippines' telecom, pay-TV revenue to have 4% CAGR 2021-2026
Dec 22, 2022 – Total telecom and pay-TV revenue in the Philippines is expected to increase at a CAGR of 4% during 2021-2026, mainly supported by mobile data and fixed broadband segments, forecasts GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, Market Research, Philippines, TV Services
Malaysia SVOD penetration to reach 38% in 2026
Oct 27, 2022 – The household penetration of SVOD services in Malaysia is expected to increase from 17% in 2021 to 38% in 2026, driven by a considerable rise in the adoption of OTT platforms, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, Streaming
SVOD revenue in Australia to grow at an 8.9% CAGR over 2022-2027
Oct 26, 2022 – According to GlobalData, SVOD revenue in Australia is expected to increase from $2.2 billion in 2022 to $3.4 billion in 2027, driven by growth in subscriptions and unique households along with a steady rise in ARPU.
News categories: GlobalData, Srikanth Vaidya, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Japan multi-play revenues to increase at 7% CAGR over 2021-2026
Oct 18, 2022 – According to GlobalData, multi-play revenues in Japan are set to increase at a CAGR of 7% from $32.5 billion in 2021 to $45.6 billion in 2026, driven by strong demand for blended services and growth in the number of multi-play households.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Market Research
Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
Sep 28, 2022 – According to GlobalData, SVOD revenue in Japan is expected to increase at a CAGR of 10.1% from $4.5 billion in 2022 to $7.3 billion in 2027, driven by the strong growth in subscriptions and households, and a steady rise in ARPU.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
Aug 12, 2022 – According to GlobalData, pay TV revenues in Australia are set to decline in line with continuing losses in Cable TV and DTH subscriptions driven by cord-cutting and the growing popularity of OTT video alternatives.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
Jun 22, 2022 – Pay-TV services revenue in South Korea is expected to grow marginally at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.14%, from $6.5 billion in 2021 to $6.9 billion in 2026, mainly supported by the IPTV segment, forecasts GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Harendra Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Satellite
China pay TV market to remain stagnant between 2021 and 2026
Mar 2, 2022 – According to GlobalData, Pay TV services revenue in China is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.6% from $35.1bn in 2021 to $36.2bn in 2026, due to a steady decline in cable TV subscriptions and a drop in average revenue per subscription.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania