Digital TV News: Groupe Canal+
Groupe Canal+ takes 6.5% stake in Multichoice
Oct 5, 2020 – MultiChoice has received formal notification that Groupe Canal+ has acquired ordinary shares of the Company. The Groupe Canal+ holding now amounts to 6.50% of the Company’s ordinary shares in issue.
News categories: MultiChoice, Groupe Canal+, Africa, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite, South Africa
Médiamétrie now measuring myCANAL in 4-screen TV audience
Jul 17, 2018 – Médiamétrie now offers 4-screen TV audience measurement customers the option to view the performance of their programmes broadcast on myCANAL, CANAL+ Group’s OTT television distribution platform.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Groupe CANAL+, Julien Rosanvallon, Frank Cadoret, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Streaming
Kudelski releases 2016 results
Feb 16, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2016 annual results. In iDTV, the most significant players in the industry have extended their partnerships with the Group, using some of the most innovative solutions.
News categories: Kudelski Group, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Poland's nc+ has 2.3 million subscribers at end-June 2013
Aug 22, 2013 – TVN Group has announced financial results for the second quarter and the first half of 2013. nc+, the strategic associate of TVN, had 2.3 million post-paid subscribers at the end of June.
News categories: TVN Group, nc+, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Poland's UOKiK gives consent to ITI/CANAL+ satellite JV
Sep 14, 2012 – Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) has approved the setting up of a satellite TV joint venture in the country by TVN and Vivendi. The deal will combine TVN's 'n' platform and Vivendi's Cyfra Plus.
News categories: UOKiK, Vivendi, TVN Group, MandA, Poland, Regulation, Satellite
TCL to launch TVs with integrated CANALPLAY VOD
Nov 4, 2009 – Le Groupe Canal+ (Paris:VIV) and TCL (Shenzhen:000100) have announced an agreement to launch televisions from Thomson with built-in direct access to CANALPLAY video-on-demand.
News categories: TCL Corp, CANAL+, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
Charter agreed for the growth of mobile TV in France
Jan 15, 2008 – AB Groupe, Bolloré, Groupe Canal+, Lagardère, Groupe M6, Next Radio TV, NRJ Group and TF1 have signed a charter in which they commit themselves to the development of Télévision Mobile Personelle (TMP) in France.
News categories: Digital TV, France, Mobile
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community