Digital TV News: Groupe Canal+
Groupe Canal+ takes 6.5% stake in Multichoice
Oct 5, 2020 – MultiChoice has received formal notification that Groupe Canal+ has acquired ordinary shares of the Company. The Groupe Canal+ holding now amounts to 6.50% of the Company’s ordinary shares in issue.
News categories: MultiChoice, Groupe Canal+, Africa, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite, South Africa
Médiamétrie now measuring myCANAL in 4-screen TV audience
Jul 17, 2018 – Médiamétrie now offers 4-screen TV audience measurement customers the option to view the performance of their programmes broadcast on myCANAL, CANAL+ Group’s OTT television distribution platform.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Groupe CANAL+, Julien Rosanvallon, Frank Cadoret, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Market Research, OTT
Kudelski releases 2016 results
Feb 16, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2016 annual results. In iDTV, the most significant players in the industry have extended their partnerships with the Group, using some of the most innovative solutions.
News categories: Kudelski Group, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Poland's nc+ has 2.3 million subscribers at end-June 2013
Aug 22, 2013 – TVN Group has announced financial results for the second quarter and the first half of 2013. nc+, the strategic associate of TVN, had 2.3 million post-paid subscribers at the end of June.
News categories: TVN Group, nc+, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Poland's UOKiK gives consent to ITI/CANAL+ satellite JV
Sep 14, 2012 – Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) has approved the setting up of a satellite TV joint venture in the country by TVN and Vivendi. The deal will combine TVN's 'n' platform and Vivendi's Cyfra Plus.
News categories: UOKiK, Vivendi, TVN Group, MandA, Poland, Regulation, Satellite
TCL to launch TVs with integrated CANALPLAY VOD
Nov 4, 2009 – Le Groupe Canal+ (Paris:VIV) and TCL (Shenzhen:000100) have announced an agreement to launch televisions from Thomson with built-in direct access to CANALPLAY video-on-demand.
News categories: TCL Corp, CANAL+, Digital TV, France, OTT, Smart TV
Charter agreed for the growth of mobile TV in France
Jan 15, 2008 – AB Groupe, Bolloré, Groupe Canal+, Lagardère, Groupe M6, Next Radio TV, NRJ Group and TF1 have signed a charter in which they commit themselves to the development of Télévision Mobile Personelle (TMP) in France.
News categories: Digital TV, France, Mobile
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results