Digital TV News: Groupe Canal+
Groupe Canal+ takes 6.5% stake in Multichoice
Oct 5, 2020 – MultiChoice has received formal notification that Groupe Canal+ has acquired ordinary shares of the Company. The Groupe Canal+ holding now amounts to 6.50% of the Company’s ordinary shares in issue.
News categories: MultiChoice, Groupe Canal+, Africa, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite, South Africa
Médiamétrie now measuring myCANAL in 4-screen TV audience
Jul 17, 2018 – Médiamétrie now offers 4-screen TV audience measurement customers the option to view the performance of their programmes broadcast on myCANAL, CANAL+ Group’s OTT television distribution platform.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Groupe CANAL+, Julien Rosanvallon, Frank Cadoret, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Streaming
Kudelski releases 2016 results
Feb 16, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2016 annual results. In iDTV, the most significant players in the industry have extended their partnerships with the Group, using some of the most innovative solutions.
News categories: Kudelski Group, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Poland's nc+ has 2.3 million subscribers at end-June 2013
Aug 22, 2013 – TVN Group has announced financial results for the second quarter and the first half of 2013. nc+, the strategic associate of TVN, had 2.3 million post-paid subscribers at the end of June.
News categories: TVN Group, nc+, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Poland's UOKiK gives consent to ITI/CANAL+ satellite JV
Sep 14, 2012 – Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) has approved the setting up of a satellite TV joint venture in the country by TVN and Vivendi. The deal will combine TVN's 'n' platform and Vivendi's Cyfra Plus.
News categories: UOKiK, Vivendi, TVN Group, MandA, Poland, Regulation, Satellite
TCL to launch TVs with integrated CANALPLAY VOD
Nov 4, 2009 – Le Groupe Canal+ (Paris:VIV) and TCL (Shenzhen:000100) have announced an agreement to launch televisions from Thomson with built-in direct access to CANALPLAY video-on-demand.
News categories: TCL Corp, CANAL+, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
Charter agreed for the growth of mobile TV in France
Jan 15, 2008 – AB Groupe, Bolloré, Groupe Canal+, Lagardère, Groupe M6, Next Radio TV, NRJ Group and TF1 have signed a charter in which they commit themselves to the development of Télévision Mobile Personelle (TMP) in France.
News categories: Digital TV, France, Mobile
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS