Digital TV News: HD+
Intertrust and Sofia Digital partner to enable direct-to-Smart TV for operators
Sep 10, 2022 – Combining Sofia Digital's HbbTV Application with Intertrust's ExpressPlay XCA, operators can build their broadcast and OTT TV services directly on smart TVs, avoiding the costly set-top box.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Sofia Digital, Manas Matti, Juho Mäyränpää, Conditional Access, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
LG Smart TVs to incorporate Intertrust ExpressPlay conditional access
Sep 6, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) and Intertrust have announced that LG Smart TVs will be Intertrust ExpressPlay XCA-enabled. LG’s XCA enabled TVs will support operators in Germany starting in 2023.
News categories: ExpressPlay, HD+, LG Electronics, Manas Matti, Alexander Sacher, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2022, Smart TV
Sofia Digital and Twise bring DVB-I to CAM-based HbbTV OpApp
Aug 30, 2022 – Sofia Digital and Twise have created a DVB-I client within an HbbTV Op App triggered by a CI Plus CAM, allowing operators to provide a set-top box like user experience without the need for a costly set-top box device.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Twise, Juho Mäyränpää, Xavier Teil, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2022, Smart TV
SES launches HD+ IP streaming service in Germany
Nov 9, 2021 – SES has announced HD+ IP, an internet-based streaming service in Germany that provides access to 50 HD channels, and libraries with more content, without needing to have a satellite, cable or DVB-T2 TV connection.
News categories: SES S.A, Norbert Hölzle, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming
SES releases H1 2021 Results
Aug 4, 2021 – SES S.A. has announced results for the six months ended 30 June 2021. At 30 June 2021, SES was delivering more than 3,120 TV channels in High Definition up 8% compared with 30 June 2020.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Worldwide
HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
Jun 9, 2021 – SES HD PLUS Ghana has integrated its satellite TV service into selected Samsung TVs using NAGRA’s TVkey Cloud technology. The built-in operator app offers users direct access to HD+ straight out of the box as part of a new TV installation.
News categories: Nagra, Samsung, HD PLUS Ghana, Multimedia Group, Thierry Legrand, Lucas Lee, Theodore Asampong, Abdulai Awudu, Apps, Digital TV, Ghana, Satellite, Smart TV
SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
Apr 14, 2021 – SITI Networks has selected NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) cardless content security for its forthcoming Android TV STB launch. Th deployment represents NAGRA's first Android TV project in India based on Google MediaCAS.
News categories: NAGRA, SITI Networks, Stephane Le Dreau, Suresh Sethiya, Android TV, Apps, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
Vestel integrates access to HD+ on UHD TVs for Germany
Jul 24, 2020 – Vestel will offer direct access to HD+ on a selection of UHD TVs for the German market. From September, UHD TVs with built-in HD+ will be available under brand names, such as Toshiba, Telefunken, JVC, and Hitachi.
News categories: Vestel, HD+, Barış Altınkaya, Georges Agnes, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Satellite, Smart TV
Fransat and HD+ adopt Intertrust XCA content protection
Sep 12, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that Fransat and HD+, France and Germany’s leading free TV operators, have selected Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA to protect and manage video streams over major broadcast and IPTV networks.
News categories: Intertrust, Fransat, HD+, Talal G. Shamoon, Digital TV, DRM, France, Germany, IBC2022, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars