Digital TV News: Hama
SKY PerfecTV! to begin world’s first 4K HDR broadcast in October
Jul 29, 2016 – SKY Perfect JSAT will commence the world’s first 4K HDR broadcast on October 4, 2016, during timeslots on its dedicated 4K channel 'SKY PerfecTV! 4K Experience' (launched on May 1, 2016).
News categories: SKY Perfect, Shinji Takada, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite, Smart TV
ITU approves H.265/HEVC second edition standard
Nov 21, 2014 – The second edition of High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), Recommendation ITU-T H.265 | ISO/IEC International Standard 23008-2 includes enhanced format range extensions to improve video quality, general multi-layer support, scalability to cope with IP network congestion, and native 3D (multi-view) video encoding.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Hamadoun I. Touré, Christoph Dosch, Digital TV, Worldwide
Broadband Commission releases country-by-country data on broadband access worldwide
Sep 22, 2014 – Over 50% of the global population will have Internet access within three years' time, according to the 2014 edition of the UN Broadband Commission's State of Broadband report.
News categories: Broadband Commission, Dr Hamadoun I. Toure, Irina Bokova, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
NEOTION and Sat-Trakt launch Cardless CAM in Serbia
Aug 25, 2014 – NEOTION has announced the introduction of its Cardless solution at Serbian Cable pay-TV operator Sat-Trakt. The NEOTION CAM is powered by Irdeto Media Content Protection on Cardless and registered as CI Plus 1.3 CAM ready.
News categories: NEOTION, Sat-Trakt, Quentin HAMARD, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Serbia, Smart TV
Television now 55% digital as analogue broadcasting switch-off advances worldwide
Nov 21, 2013 – The world has witnessed a massive shift from analogue to digital television, with over 55 per cent of households with a TV now receiving a digital signal compared with just 30 per cent in 2008, according to ITU research.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Brahima Sanou, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
Africa set to deploy digital television
Sep 5, 2013 – Frequency coordination negotiations have succeeded in setting up the mechanism to deploy digital television in 47 Sub-Saharan African countries. The consolidation of national plans is in conformity with the deadlines set in 2006 at ITU RRC-06.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Africa, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial
Afghanistan issues digital broadcasting network licence to ACG
Aug 21, 2013 – Afghanistan's Ministry of Communications & Information Technology (MCIT) has announced that it has signed a contract with ACG for the change-over of the country's analogue TV to a digital system.
News categories: MCIT, ACG, Afghanistan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Terrestrial
NEOTION introduces Plustelka CI Plus 1.3 CAM in Slovakia
Aug 20, 2013 – NEOTION has announced that it has launched a Cardless CAM for Pay DTT service Plustelka in Slovakia. The offer will be broadcast on four nation-wide multiplexes: MUX1, MUX2, MUX3 with 10 free-to-air channels, and MUX4 with 12 pay TV channels for 5.99 Euros a month.
News categories: NEOTION, Plustelka, CAM, Digital TV, Slovakia, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Neotion DVB-T2 CAM for EvoTV in Croatia
Jul 22, 2013 – NEOTION has developed a cardless solution for evoTV, Croatian Post's digital terrestrial pay TV service. The CAM is to be bundled with DVB-T2 TV-sets - specially designed by Grundig for the evoTV offer.
News categories: NEOTION, evoTV, Grundig, Quentin Hamard, CAM, Croatia, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households