Digital TV News: Humax
Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
Oct 27, 2020 – Humax has announced the introduction of a voice assistant set-top box and Wi-Fi 6E gateway at the RDK Euro Summit 2020. The set-top box integrates stereo sound and supports Alexa's Far-Field Voice Recognition with a built-in mic.
News categories: Humax, Jeff Kim, Digital TV, Gateway, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
Oct 27, 2020 – At the 2020 RDK Virtual Euro Summit, RDK Management announced the availability of RDK4 – the newest generation, open source software platform used to power customer-premise equipment (CPE) for video service providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
Aug 6, 2020 – Conviva has released its State of Streaming report for Q2 2020. The report details the impact of COVID-19, illustrating that while streaming continues to grow overall, it slowed in May and June as compared to its height in April.
News categories: Conviva, Bill Demas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
Jul 28, 2020 – Humax has unveiled its Humax H7 Android TV set-top box. H7 is equipped with a Broadcom SoC with a 24K DMIPS CPU, supports WiFi6 and is the world’s first Android TV device to support both AV1 and HDR10 video technologies.
News categories: Humax, Jeff Kim, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RDK now on more than 60 million devices
Mar 19, 2020 – RDK Management has announced that RDK software now powers more than 60 million devices deployed by service providers around the world. RDK is an open source software platform that standardizes core functions used in broadband, video, and IoT connected devices.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Humax supplying Android TV UHD STBs to T-Broad
Jan 2, 2020 – Humax has announced that it is supplying UHD set-top boxes based on Android TV to T-Broad, South Korea’s largest cable TV operator. The box is an IP hybrid model supporting DOCSIS 3.0 and includes middleware and CA for cable broadcasting.
News categories: Humax, T-Broad, Jeff Kim, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
TV App Agency and Humax implement Android TV Operator Tier launcher
Sep 16, 2018 – TV App Agency and Humax have delivered an Android TV Operator Tier solution to a major telco. TV App Agency used its TV App Engine and TV App Template to build apps for both smart TV devices and the Android TV Operator Tier launcher.
News categories: TV App Agency, Humax, Bruno Pereira, Luis Chun, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Zodiac partners with MediaKind
Sep 13, 2018 – Zodiac has announced that it has partnered with MediaKind. Zodiac’s software platform enables MediaKind’s MediaFirst TV user experience (UX) to run on any digital set-top box, new or old, via a software update only and with no need for a truckroll.
News categories: Zodiac, MediaKind, Rich Neill, Gowton Achaibar, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification