Digital TV News: IEEE
MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
Nov 22, 2021 – MediaTek (TWSE:2454) and TSMC (TWSE:2330, NYSE:TSM) have unveiled the world’s first 7-nanometer 8K digital TV SoC, the MediaTek Pentonic 2000. The MediaTek Pentonic 2000 is built with TSMC’s N7 advanced process technology.
News categories: MediaTek, TSMC, Dr. Mike Chang, Dr. Kevin Zhang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Taiwan, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0 takes center stage at CES 2020
Jan 3, 2020 – NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0, will be one of the key technologies highlighted at CES. The first U.S. consumer receivers with integrated NEXTGEN TV are expected to be announced, highlighting the key consumer benefits of the system.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, ATSC 3, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
New security layer for MoCA home networking
Apr 30, 2019 – Addressing the requests for stronger secured links between networked devices, MoCA has developed MoCASec, a security layer for MoCA links, available for its entire portfolio of specifications. MoCASec enhances network configurations where peer to peer privacy is required.
News categories: MoCA, Wi-Fi Alliance, Charles Cerino, Kevin Robinson, Content Protection, Smart Home, Worldwide
Spatial adaptivity can improve energy efficiency of broadcast TV
May 9, 2017 – Research by engineers at the University of Bristol has shown that internet enabled TV devices are now capable of relaying signal strength information back to broadcasters in order to improve energy efficiency.
News categories: University of Bristol, Dr Peter Bagot, Mark Beach, Professor Andrew Nix, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK, Worldwide
Liberty Global and CableLabs join MulteFire Alliance
Sep 21, 2016 – Liberty Global and CableLabs have announced that they have joined the MulteFire Alliance, an independent, diverse and international member-driven consortium dedicated to developing next-generation wireless technology.
News categories: MulteFire Alliance, Liberty Global, CableLabs, Mazen Chmaytelli, Balan Nair, Ralph Brown, Rob Alderfer, 5G, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart Home, Worldwide
Disney and ETH Zurich develop stereoscopic to glasses-free 3D conversion IP
Dec 15, 2015 – Glasses-less 3-D displays dispense with the need for cumbersome glasses, but existing 3-D stereoscopic content will not work in these new devices. To solve this problem, Disney Research and ETH Zurich have developed a system that can transform stereoscopic content into multiview content in real-time.
News categories: Disney Research, ETH Zurich, Markus Gross, Michael Schaffner, Digital TV, Metaverse, Mobile, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Broadcom delivers 10G EPON residential gateway for Cable MSOs
Aug 4, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a DOCSIS-compatible 10G Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON) residential gateway reference design. Broadcom's platform allows cable MSOs to provide multi-Gigabit speeds via FTTH.
News categories: Broadcom, Jim McKeon, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Fibre, Gateway, Semiconductor, USA
IEEE adopts HDBaseT for Ultra HD connectivity
Jan 6, 2015 – The HDBaseT Alliance and IEEE have announced that the HDBaseT standard has been approved by the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Standards Board for adoption as part of the organization’s standard portfolio.
News categories: HDBaseT Alliance, IEEE Standards Association, Ariel Sobelman, Konstantinos Karachalios, CES2023, Smart Home, Worldwide
NanoTech UltraFlix 4K streaming for VIZIO TVs
Sep 24, 2014 – NanoTech Entertainment (OTCPINK: NTEK) has announced that its all 4K UltraFlix Network has been selected by VIZIO for inclusion on its new P-Series Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV collection.
News categories: NanoTech Entertainment, VIZIO, Aaron Taylor, Matt McRae, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools