Digital TV News: Imagine Communications
GatesAir prepares Brazil's Rede VTV for transition to DTT
May 18, 2015 – GatesAir is preparing Brazilian TV broadcaster Rede VTV for a full ISDB-Tb digital TV transition in advance of the country’s 2018 analogue TV shutoff. As part of the solution, systems integrator Foccus Digital is rolling out multiple GatesAir UHF transmitters.
News categories: GatesAir, VTV, Foccus Digital, Joseph Mack, Marcus Mansur, Cesar Donato, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T
Shift to generic hardware and virtualization pressuring video equipment prices
Jan 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics (NYSE: IHS), the cost of encoding and transcoding platforms continues to come down, pressuring video and broadcast equipment revenue as pay-TV providers move to generic hardware and network functions virtualization.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Brazil's TV TEM expands ISDB-Tb network with GatesAir
Aug 6, 2014 – GatesAir is expanding TV TEM’s ISDB-Tb DTT network to cover an additional 139 cities in the state of São Paulo. The installation marks the third phase of a rollout that will bring HDTV coverage to all 318 cities across São Paulo state.
News categories: GatesAir, REDE Globo, Ewerton Maciel, Joseph Mack, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Harmonic and Elemental tie for lead in multiscreen encoder market
Apr 23, 2014 – A recent Competitive Assessment by ABI Research, looking at the multiscreen encoder market, found a virtual tie between well-established Harmonic and rapidly growing start-up Elemental.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Imagine Communications to Demonstrate TabletTV Streaming at IBC
Sep 1, 2011 – Imagine Communications has announced plans to demonstrate solutions for TabletTV streaming at IBC 2011 in Amsterdam. The company will showcase its ICE® Streaming System for streaming live multi-format video to multiple tablets.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, OTT, Tablet
Imagine Communications Closes $15 Million Venture Capital Round to Accelerate Deployments and Growth in Digital Video Markets
Oct 30, 2007 – Imagine Communications, developer of the industry's most powerful and scalable digital video platform, has announced the completion of a $15 million Series B round of expansion financing.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Court Square Ventures, Columbia Capital, Carmel Ventures, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Venture Capital
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs