Digital TV News: Infonetics
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Pricing pressure drags on TV Set-Top Box market
Jul 30, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has reported that unit shipments of set-top boxes worldwide were up 3% from the year-ago first quarter. IHS expects particularly strong unit growth for HDMI dongles such as Google’s Chromecast, Roku HDMI sticks, Amazon’s Fire TV Stick HDTV, and virtual set-top boxes.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
One third of cable subscribers to be passed by DOCSIS 3.1 by April 2017
Jul 28, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) conducted in-depth interviews with cable operators across the globe that collectively control 87 percent of the world’s cable capex and found that 42 percent of them plan to deploy a distributed access architecture (DAA) by 2017.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
Technicolor to acquire Cisco connected devices division
Jul 23, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has entered into an exclusive agreement with Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) to acquire its customer premises equipment (CPE) business for €550 million (or $600 million equivalent) in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Technicolor, Cisco Systems, Frederic Rose, John Chambers, Cable TV, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, MandA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cable broadband equipment market off to mixed start in 2015
Jun 10, 2015 – As MSOs continued major upgrades to their broadband networks, cable DOCSIS channel shipments grew to 1.8 million in the first quarter of 2015, a 14 percent sequential increase, and a gain of 48 percent from the year-ago first quarter, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Market Research, Worldwide
Pay TV providers embrace OTT video and 'skinny' bundles
May 21, 2015 – The global pay TV services market, including cable TV, satellite TV, telco TV and over-the-top (OTT) video, totaled $237 billion in 2014, up 7 percent from the previous year, according to the 2015 IHS Infonetics Pay TV Services and Subscribers report.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Fixed broadband subscribers to approach 1 billion in 2019
Apr 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) fixed broadband subscribers grew 8% in 2014, reaching 733 million as service providers continue to steadily add subscribers. Subscriber growth is being driven by FTTH and DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Casa Systems delivers first full CCAP-compliant deployment in North America
Apr 6, 2015 – Casa Systems has announced that Time Warner Cable has completed the deployment of high speed data, voice and QAM video in New York City on Casa System's integrated CCAP platform. This is the first production deployment by an MSO in North America.
News categories: Casa Systems, Time Warner Cable, Jerry Guo, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, USA
DOCSIS channel shipments rose to record levels in 2014
Feb 27, 2015 – Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) has reported that DOCSIS channel shipments rose to record levels in 2014 - up 114 percent to 4.8 million worldwide - as cable operators continue to improve their networks to offer services to customers at ever-higher speeds.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward