Digital TV News: KAONMEDIA
3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente
Oct 12, 2020 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that Allente, the entity resulting from the merger between Viasat Consumer and Canal Digital, is to deploy KAON STBs and middleware with 3SS-enabled viewing experiences.
News categories: 3SS, KAONMEDIA, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
NCTC agrees terms with KAONMEDIA for Android STBs
Apr 22, 2020 – The NCTC, representing more than 750 U.S. broadband and cable operators, has completed an agreement with Kaon Media under which NCTC member operators will receive preferred pricing on Kaon's KSTB2020 Android STB and voice-enabled remote control.
News categories: NCTC, KAONMEDIA, Steve Beardslee, Eric Hybertson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
Nov 12, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), together with KAON (KOSDAQ: KAONMEDIA), has announced that they are joining forces in a new streaming platform designed to accelerate time-to-market of Android TV-based services for pay-TV operators.
News categories: NAGRA, KAON, Maurice Van Riek, Edward Shin, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Kaon unveils RDK Video Accelerator set-top box
Sep 10, 2019 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) has become a member of the RDK Video Accelerator program with the introduction of its RDK Video Accelerator set-top box. The box comes pre-integrated with the RDK application framework and the Metrological App Store.
News categories: Kaon, RDK, CM KIM, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Global set-top box market to top $46bn by 2027
Aug 14, 2017 – The set-top box market is anticipated to witness robust growth during 2017-2027. According to Future Market Insights, the APEJ set-top box market is expected to have the highest growth rate over the period.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Stofa selects Irdeto to protect new Android set-top box
Apr 6, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that Stofa has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver content through its upcoming Android set-top box (STB). The box was developed in cooperation with Google and Kaon Media.
News categories: Irdeto, Stofa, Kaon, Doug Lowther, Ole Fruekilde Madsen, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Stofa selects iWedia Android TV for new 4K Box
Mar 30, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 solution for Android TV has been chosen by Stofa to operate its next-gen TV box. The software runs on a quad cable tuner 4K STB provided by Kaon Media.
News categories: iWedia, Stofa, KaonMedia, Nikola Teslić, Android TV, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
KAONMEDIA STB with AI home assistant deployed by Korea Telecom
Feb 22, 2017 – KAONMEDIA's AI-based TV set-top box has been successfully commercialized by Korea Telecom. GiGA Genie, an IP set-top box, provides home assistant and home IoT services alongside TV set-top box features.
News categories: KAONMEDIA, KT Corp, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Local production of STBs for ER-Telecom begins
Sep 22, 2015 – Russia's ER-Telecom has announced that local production of set-top boxes for its Dom.ru digital TV service has begun at the Morion factory in Perm. Over 100,000 Dom.ru TV Mini boxes are planned to be assembled this year.
News categories: ER-Telecom, KAON, Andrey Semerikov, Cable TV, Digital TV, Russia, Set Top Box
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021