Digital TV News: Kineton
Pearl TV launches RUN3TV hybrid TV platform for NEXTGEN TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Pearl TV has launched its RUN3TV web platform, enabling broadcasters to offer a hybrid TV service to their OTA viewers. RUN3TV was built to support NEXTGEN TV, otherwise known as ATSC 3.0, with integrated support for two-way web interactivity.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Kerry Oslund, Robert Folliard, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
Nov 24, 2021 – Kineton and SmarDTV Global have demonstrated, during the 9th HbbTV Symposium, a Smart TV combined with an HbbTV OpApp. The installation of the HbbTV OpApp is automatically launched by a CAM, with the OpApp fully operator branded.
News categories: SmarDTV, Kineton, Erik Gazzoni, Giuseppe Aprea, Apps, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV
Details of HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 announced
Sep 29, 2021 – The HbbTV Association has announced that the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 will take place as an in-person event on November 24-25 at the Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris in France.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Salto, Vincent Grivet, Thomas Follin, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB to showcase DVB-I at IBC 2019
Sep 10, 2019 – DVB has announced that at IBC it will present the world's first demonstration of linear TV services using the DVB-I solution, which relies on internet-based access and streaming mechanisms alongside classical broadcasting techniques.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Peter Siebert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton, Skyworth join HbbTV Association
Oct 16, 2018 – The HbbTV Association has announced that seven new companies have joined the industry association in the past 12 months. The new members include Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton and Skyworth, taking the membership total to 70 companies.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022